WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Starting something exciting soon that will require (it's not actually required but it will make my life much easier) me to stick to one phone for record keeping purposes. (I'm not on a carrier that allows you to download messages from one phone to another.)

I really need to figure out what phone to use...

Feeling like the two phones (Pixel and ZX1 Compact) are on a seesaw lol. Yes I'm here again. Playing with the Pixel got me here.

Leaning towards the Pixel with doing research on light battery packs that don't drain power from the phone.
You can back up your call logs and SMS/MMS to your SD card via Super Backup and upload on your other phone using the same app. That works great for Android if switching between the Sony and A3 (or Pixel). To switch between Android and W10M it's a little more involved because of different file types requiring different apps. I've found nothing to do it with iOS but that's no surprise.

Maybe if iOS had a real, functioning file manager and USB mass storage capability it would be possible. Or at least not require a PhD in quantum physics.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You can back up your call logs and SMS/MMS to your SD card via Super Backup and upload on your other phone using the same app. That works great for Android if switching between the Sony and A3 (or Pixel). To switch between Android and W10M it's a little more involved because of different file types requiring different apps. I've found nothing to do it with iOS but that's no surprise.

Maybe if iOS had a real, functioning file manager and USB mass storage capability it would be possible. Or at least not require a PhD in quantum physics.

Hmm, I'll check that app out, thanks! The Pixel has no SD support though so I would probably give this a try with the Sony first.

I really had no idea that there was a way at all. Not surprised that you know of one though, lol.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm sad Fats Domino has passed on. Gonna crank a playlist I have of him going home today.

There are not many still living, that shone so brilliantly from that era, the Golden Age of Rock & Roll...
I can only think of Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis .. all piano players

... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are not many still living, that shone so brilliantly from that era, the Golden Age of Rock & Roll...
I can only think of Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis .. all piano players

... !
And Ray Charles.

My favorite four like that are Ray Charles, Fats, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis (a very distant fourth on this list). My ranking would be...

1A) Little Richard
1B) Fats
1C) Ray Charles
4) Jerry Lee Lewis

Those top three are splitting hairs, really...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I should have been clearer with my mentioning of Little Richard & The Killer... they are still alive.

That's a good shout for Ray Charles too

... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I should have been clearer with my mentioning of Little Richard & The Killer... they are still alive.

That's a good shout for Ray Charles too

... !
I figured you were talking about those still alive. I just took it a step further and share my top 4 from that era.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The LG G6 is now an Amazon Prime phone, along with the Q6 and G6+. That's really surprising but also very interesting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You need the LG X Charge to quell your battery anxiety - 4500 mAh battery!

Haha, I'm good. My other phones work for that. If I didn't have it, I would probably go with a 6s lol. I would have more options for sure but I really don't need more. Even these two are (were?) a struggle.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Getting ready for what will probably be my last time in London while living in the UK.

I won't say ever because we might be back to visit some day.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The LG G6 is now an Amazon Prime phone, along with the Q6 and G6+. That's really surprising but also very interesting.
I still have mixed emotions with this phone. I'm regretting ditching the Mate 9, not to mention my WinPhones. It's inexcusable to not have a hotspot toggle in the pull down shade. Voice to text is worse than iOS and pathetic compared to Windows. Battery life is nowhere near consistent. It's a world beater one day and can't be more than a few feet from the charger the next. Bluetooth connections are nothing if not unpredictable. It doesn't freeze or lag but I have to reset it every day just to have a modicum of reliability. I do like the size of the device itself and apps function very well. But I'm very picky when it comes to getting bang for my buck. At this price point it should make me coffee and sing lullaby

Last edited by a moderator:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I just realized something interesting. The Essential Phone at $499 is a hard sell for some because of the camera but it's so cool. The XZ1C is also compact and great but the camera can miss the mark in poor lighting and I got it for around the same price (after a price adjustment). With that perspective in mind, I can totally pass on the Essential Phone. Don't need another phone with the same thing.

Starting to wonder if the perfect phone is a mirage...
Alright, well it might be but close enough shouldn't be one.

Edit: Or I could just go iOS and nip this thing in the bud altogether...LOL

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still have mixed emotions with this phone. I'm regretting ditching the Mate 9, not to mention my WinPhones. It's inexcusable to not have a hotspot toggle in the pull down shade. Voice to text is worse than iOS and pathetic compared to Windows. Battery life is nowhere near consistent. It's a world beater one day and can't be more than a few feet from the charger the next. Bluetooth connections are nothing if not unpredictable. It doesn't freeze or lag but I have to reset it every day just to have a modicum of reliability. I do like the size of the device itself and apps function very well. But I'm very picky when it comes to getting bang for my buck. At this price point it should make me coffee and sing lullaby
When you find a phone that pours coffee and sings lullabies, let us know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786