WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I still have mixed emotions with this phone. I'm regretting ditching the Mate 9, not to mention my WinPhones. It's inexcusable to not have a hotspot toggle in the pull down shade. Voice to text is worse than iOS and pathetic compared to Windows. Battery life is nowhere near consistent. It's a world beater one day and can't be more than a few feet from the charger the next. Bluetooth connections are nothing if not unpredictable. It doesn't freeze or lag but I have to reset it every day just to have a modicum of reliability. I do like the size of the device itself and apps function very well. But I'm very picky when it comes to getting bang for my buck. At this price point it should make me coffee and sing lullaby

Ahh regrets suck. I'm sorry that you regret giving up the Mate 9. It sounds like the G6 has some annoying things about it.

Haha I agree with that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just had the Zombie frappuccino at Starbucks.
c7795c3f5c71d8a38249099800c4bd5b.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't know.
For all you know I might send it to you for flashing a new firmware on it.
Assuming I can find appropriate firmware. Maybe I need to sideload Cydia on it first...
To which you would sell it two weeks later once it starts pouring you decaf that you didn't ask for due to a buggy software update...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I somehow forgot to ask, do you plan to keep using the G6 until you decide on something else or will you hop into Windows 10 Mobile or get a Mate 9 or something else?
That's a good question. I doubt I would get another W10M phone unless I could find something under $200 which would limit my choices. There are Idols out there cheap but that camera is a non starter. I'd be more willing to search for a better Android experience or cave into an iPhone. I just have a hard time dealing with the walled garden.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's a good question. I doubt I would get another W10M phone unless I could find something under $200 which would limit my choices. There are Idols out there cheap but that camera is a non starter. I'd be more willing to search for a better Android experience or cave into an iPhone. I just have a hard time dealing with the walled garden.
A used Pixel XL or Pixel is a good starter.
Or get another Mate 9.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's a true point. Under $200 is hard unless you seek a 950 (non XL) that is in good condition. I can only imagine for the Idol that the camera will be meh. I can get that for both points. That's been a struggle for me this week.

I agree with 99 about the Pixels. (Never mind this part, I just saw your reply to 99.) I would suggest a Sony because no overheating anymore and good cameras but for some reason, Sony phones are still a lot, even if "old".

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

It's the weekend!! Watching The Two Towers (LOTR).. the siege Of Helms Deep is still one of the best epic battle scene ever.
Not bad for a 15 year old movie

... !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss