WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The weather out here is terrible. Can't wait to go home to sunny California!

You really came at a cold time. Last weekend was funny because it was so warm. Obviously you know that I'm not in Boston, but I'm speaking from a general upper East Coast viewpoint.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I try my best to be a rational person but it almost feels like the last few weeks that 'something' is telling me that I'm making the right decision. Of course I don't believe in that 'something' but it's almost like I've become over sensitive or something.

I've had the worst traffic both to and from work in the last few weeks that I wonder how I've done it for the last two years. Yesterday was particularity bad as there was an accident that closed the road and I was stuck there for over 40 minutes.

Add in that I'm just over the project I'm on and the kind of work I do in general and it becomes apparent that I need a change. It's calling me and I'm happy to answer.

I'm looking forward to our short break (about two weeks) prior to getting stuck in.

Next Friday and 11:30pm on the 23rd can't come quick enough.

I second MIA. Also I'm with you on that, I like when I have things happen that helps me to confirm a decision. Sometimes you can't deny things, even if it sounds silly.

I notice a lot of things like that and generally, it turns out to be right in the end. I hope the remaining time zooms by for you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Next time in Europe, I will ping you for tips on France!
Good luck with the move.
I won't say I know France perfectly but I do know some nice places. All depends on time of course. We have plans to learn as much as possible about Bordeaux. It's a good foodie place. Also plan to visit the Loire Valley a bit.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's freezing over here currently. Cloudy too. We're getting an artic blast I think.

Same here. That's what Al Roker (weather guy on the Today show) was saying on TV as I was eating breakfast. It rained like crazy last night. It took a long time to drive 40 miles roundtrip. Went to see a friend and then dinner with a small group.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I won't say I know France perfectly but I do know some nice places. All depends on time of course. We have plans to learn as much as possible about Bordeaux. It's a good foodie place. Also plan to visit the Loire Valley a bit.

Sounds great. I have only been to Paris and a little bit outside Paris (a good friend from childhood lived about 2 hours outside Paris in a small village).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sounds great. I have only been to Paris and a little bit outside Paris (a good friend from childhood lived about 2 hours outside Paris in a small village).
Highly recommend Versailles. It's something to see, even just the garden.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I second MIA. Also I'm with you on that, I like when I have things happen that helps me to confirm a decision. Sometimes you can't deny things, even if it sounds silly.

I notice a lot of things like that and generally, it turns out to be right in the end. I hope the remaining time zooms by for you.

I've had periods of time in my life when things felt right.

When I met my friend from Pennsylvania the first time (many years ago).

When I decided to move to Australia to be with my then girlfriend, now wife.

And this. Even though I was a bit worried, I'm OK with things and it just seems right now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I watched it and I found his thoughts to be really interesting. Interesting note about the Face ID but I wasn't surprised to hear that. Him saying that it's good but not really worth $1000, I don't really know what to say.
It was never worth it to a lot of people. Only those who sup at the teet of carriers and or those with the disposable income (or if you really, really want it) can justify the cost.

Lots of phones in 2017 are too expensive:

iPhone X, Note 8, Mate 10 Pro, Pixel 2 line, V30, Andy's phone (at launch), U11+, G6 (at launch), S8 (at launch), OnePlus 5, Moto X4, Moto Z² Force, Moto Z² play

I think HTC U11 was the only phone at launch was priced decent.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It was never worth it to a lot of people. Only those who sup at the teet of carriers and or those with the disposable income (or if you really, really want it) can justify the cost.

Lots of phones in 2017 are too expensive:

iPhone X, Note 8, Mate 10 Pro, Pixel 2 line, V30, Andy's phone (at launch), U11+, G6 (at launch), S8 (at launch), OnePlus 5, Moto X4, Moto Z² Force, Moto Z² play

I think HTC U11 was the only phone at launch was priced decent.

Fair point about the price of the phones you have listed. I don't think the X should have been 1k, but maybe $800 (but I would say that the Note should have been there too). I do agree about the U11 being priced sensibly. I like the idea of the X, considering that I learned that it is close to the original Pixel in height but wider.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Fair point about the price of the phones you have listed. I don't think the X should have been 1k, but maybe $800 (but I would say that the Note should have been there too). I do agree about the U11 being priced sensibly. I like the idea of the X, considering that I learned that it is close to the original Pixel in height but wider.
Apple was always going to overcharge. That's their game.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still am browsing new gadgets. I popped my SIM back into the Mi Note 2 after I picked up a new case and tempered glass. Gonna try it again with the Bluetooth Sony's tomorrow after wearing the fitted coat that eats my wired headphones alive. Swapped over to the OG Huawei watch that I haven't worn in a while either.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I still am browsing new gadgets. I popped my SIM back into the Mi Note 2 after I picked up a new case and tempered glass. Gonna try it again with the Bluetooth Sony's tomorrow after wearing the fitted coat that eats my wired headphones alive. Swapped over to the OG Huawei watch that I haven't worn in a while either.

Nice, I hope it works out for you this time. I mean with the headphones, that is.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All these big screened phones are actually nice. Even the 950XL has it strong suits. I just yearn for the compact nature of the Mi 5 comparatively. My first preference will always be smaller devices, even though I have lite bear paws for hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb