WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nice, I hope it works out for you this time. I mean with the headphones, that is.
I'm going with the wireless (the Sony's) this time. I haven't tried it with the wired headphones for calls since MIUI 9 was installed. Maybe I'll try it, maybe not.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I see Black Friday is fast approaching...

I wonder how many people will die this year for 'cheap stuff'....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't get how people are still surprised that someone can work in education and not teach. Another question I always get after saying what I do is if I want to teach sometime. I like working in education but not teaching.

I debate if I'll want to continue doing education or just go public. Both have pros and cons. Public pays more, (higher) education pays less but I feel more comfortable in education. I think if I could do public, there has to be a balance with what I'm doing when it comes to dealing with people directly.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So my supervisor sees my Huawei watch and asks "is that a Fossil watch?".

Nope, this was before Fossil really jumped into AW full force.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So my supervisor sees my Huawei watch and asks "is that a Fossil watch?".

Nope, this was before Fossil really jumped into AW full force.

Oh wow, does that happen much to you? I'm surprised that this happened, but I can get why. The Fossil ones look really nice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...battery life on standby has been really good on Mi Note 2, as expected. Even on standby with the ROM I have on the V20 the battery life is suspect (for my needs).

Wear 2.0 is still funny on my Huawei watch, with a few reboots.

Every time I use the Mi Note 2 as a daily driver I'm reminded if why I still keep it. I still may get Andy's phone, but in days when I don't want something compact, the Mi Note 2 just works.

Haven't tested the call issue yet though, so we'll see.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Can someone please verify that it’s November?
50d3a88b587e7cc7063e3f466c0a2b7e.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Battery life on the Mi Note 2 has been solid today. Still feel with a factory reset it would be better.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Battery life on the Pixel XL has been superb. I'm usually at 40% with 4+ hour SOT every night.
Consistently.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's great to hear!
I always like this phone. But I've always loved the Mi 5 more. If the Mi 5 had the Mi Note 2's LTE radios, I'd have been set. I liked the lighter feel of the Mi 5...the only other phone that has that now is the V30. Some people find it cheap when holding it naked, but I don't mind that feather light yet very sleek and powerful look.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Battery life on the Pixel XL has been superb. I'm usually at 40% with 4+ hour SOT every night.
Consistently.
I can now relate to what libra89 meant by "no battery life anxiety"

The little Pixel was fine. But at 4+ hour SOT meant the phone needed to be plugged in as battery saver would kick in below 15%. That phenomenon has yet to occur on the XL.

I'll report back on how the battery life is on the Pixel 2 next week.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can now relate to what libra89 meant by "no battery life anxiety"

The little Pixel was fine. But at 4+ hour SOT meant the phone needed to be plugged in as battery saver would kick in below 15%. That phenomenon has yet to occur on the XL.

I'll report back on how the battery life is on the Pixel 2 next week.

That sounds so good! I'm curious how it will compare to the Pixel 2.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying this Bluetooth headset + wired USB-C headphones life to see if I can tolerate it before buying Andy's phone.

Honestly, if I had the extra cash I'd buy it and a V30 at the same time and sell everything else...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm trying this Bluetooth headset + wired USB-C headphones life to see if I can tolerate it before buying Andy's phone.

Honestly, if I had the extra cash I'd buy it and a V30 at the same time and sell everything else...

That's a great plan. Good luck with your testing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb