WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's good to hear from you again, but I do hope that you feel better soon. So it sounds like school is an interesting experience for you. Is that a good or bad thing?

It's definitely interesting. And I absolutely love everything I do on this college, that is 90% of the things, which is great. But the thing is, it's just freaking difficult. And the amount of lectures and areas we've covered in every single subject is just insane. Not impossible to catch up with all of it, but I'm most certainly going to have to invest all of my time and energy into accomplishing it all. Which is passing the exams of course :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Also, I'm thinking of changing departments. First semester is identical to all of them, so I won't be missing out on anything. I'm currently on Electro-energetics, but would like to change to Computer science and Programming. That was my initial desire, but ended up picking the first one mentioned since it was a safe bet for a free scholarship.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And I'm just starting. Can't even imagine what's in front of me. Other than life of course.
Gotta jump in and grab life by the cajones, kind sir. I trust you'll be fine.

I had to rework a lot of my emotions during college to spur my own personal growth. It can be a very positive thing when done well or a total Trainwreck.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think as a tech enthusiast I keep seeing too many flaws in a device a lot easier than the device's merits. These devices are imperfect daily companions to imperfect owners.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think as a tech enthusiast I keep seeing too many flaws in a device a lot easier than the device's merits. These devices are imperfect daily companions to imperfect owners.

I don't think that is a bad thing considering that it probably saves money, haha. Not that I would be the best example at the moment...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You don't always enjoy the device when you view it from that lens though...

That's a fair point. At the same time, if it has something that you enjoy a lot and do use, you might be temporarily blinded by the things you really like.

At least I can say that for myself anyway. Like giving up the ZX1C was hard because I really enjoyed the combo a lot.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Gotta jump in and grab life by the cajones, kind sir. I trust you'll be fine.

I had to rework a lot of my emotions during college to spur my own personal growth. It can be a very positive thing when done well or a total Trainwreck.

Well, so far I've realised that I just have to get rid off my type A personality, so to speek.

There's no way I'll endure being pissed off all the time. It just needs to go away.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Well said.
Once you realize this your tech life becomes much easier and more enjoyable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well said.
Once you realize this your tech life becomes much easier and more enjoyable.
Still, as a consumer in a consumer driven economy, you always want to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Therein lies the problem: the word feel.

There are only two devices I own I feel like I get my money's worth from: my two tablets. Everything else is relatively OK and ultimately temporary. Everything else is a fit for the time being in the search for the best fit. Something I know I won't find because I'm an outlier in what I want in a very personal device such as a phone and a smartwatch.

That's life though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Pixel 2 will be daily driver till next year.
Spare line is for phone switching. So that will probably keep seeing different phones.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Essential phone are on the list.
I got a case and screen protectors for Andy's phone. Just waiting on the phone now.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Still, as a consumer in a consumer driven economy, you always want to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Therein lies the problem: the word feel.

There are only two devices I own I feel like I get my money's worth from: my two tablets. Everything else is relatively OK and ultimately temporary. Everything else is a fit for the time being in the search for the best fit. Something I know I won't find because I'm an outlier in what I want in a very personal device such as a phone and a smartwatch.

That's life though.

My iPhone SE is definitely a device I feel and know I got money’s worth. Pocketable, powerful and only $200 from Cricket.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My iPhone SE is definitely a device I feel and know I got money’s worth. Pocketable, powerful and only $200 from Cricket.
That's great to hear.

Many people who aren't tech enthusiasts have that feeling. I'm just saying as a tech enthusiast, it is harder to find that feeling in some cases.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

That's great to hear.

Many people who aren't tech enthusiasts have that feeling. I'm just saying as a tech enthusiast, it is harder to find that feeling in some cases.

Totally agree. We do it to ourselves. Many of us, in search of the perfect product which doesn’t exist, drive ourselves insane going from device to device. I was a chronic switcher until recently. Never happy and spending more money than I had too. A tech company’s dream consumer! Finally became an active member of TEA (tech enthusiast anonymous) and got the help I needed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Totally agree. We do it to ourselves. Many of us, in search of the perfect product which doesn’t exist, drive ourselves insane going from device to device. I was a chronic switcher until recently. Never happy and spending more money than I had too. A tech company’s dream consumer! Finally became an active member of TEA (tech enthusiast anonymous) and got the help I needed.
Agreed. No overall perfect device exist...it's about the best fit for each individual.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The struggle is real. You're lucky to have survived it. You're right that it doesn't exist but sometimes when it comes to the price of them, it hurts more when it falls short.

I'm feeling that with the iPhone 8 currently. Not sure about it at all, especially if it is actually worth $700.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Wow, I woke up and my phone was off. This seems to happen to me with the big iPhones only.

Again, no update installed, battery isn't close to dead and it's also super odd because with the 8 series and the X, it takes more work to actually turn off the phone now over the usual way. I guess it's going back, I'm not going though this again if I don't have to.

Things like this can happen when you try to chase the rainbow. I blame @TgeekB for this

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb