WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Heard that AT&Thieves were looking to add the Mate 10 Pro to their lineup.

What color did you get in Andy's phone?
Really? Didn't know that. That just means they'll put that big ol' AT&T logo on it. The pro definitely had my attention, but lost it quickly for whatever reason.

I went with the Moon Black. Considered the white, but caved to the simplicity of the black model. It's definitely a sleek looking device. That green model that's supposedly on the horizon looks pretty sweet though. My only concern is battery size/life. It's been really good so far, but doesn't compare to what I'm used to with Huawei.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Really? Didn't know that. That just means they'll put that big ol' AT&T logo on it. The pro definitely had my attention, but lost it quickly for whatever reason.

I went with the Moon Black. Considered the white, but caved to the simplicity of the black model. It's definitely a sleek looking device. That green model that's supposedly on the horizon looks pretty sweet though. My only concern is battery size/life. It's been really good so far, but doesn't compare to what I'm used to with Huawei.
I was gonna get the black one until I saw both the green and the white. I really want the green but will get the white instead.

Mate 9 is for $400 now...I'm sure it can be gotten by digging in the right places for $325. It's a really, really nice phone.

I do like the look of the Mate 10 Pro but the Mate 10 is very solid.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...I have decided. As much as I like the LG Watch Sport and dislike the idea of two devices from the same OEM, I'm going for Andy's phone and the Huawei watch 2. I really was tempted by the Vivo 3 from Garmin, but I plan to retire my SWR10 for a Fitbit Alta HR that I plan to wear with the screen off and the screen side turned in. I have been using the OG Huawei watch with 2.0 the past few days to prep the transition and the OS still sucks for me in some areas.

But, it is a bit more security updates proof, so I'm going that...plus I wanted something that can take a beating a bit better than the 360.

I think Google mishandled Wear, but I'm not going to Tizen either.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I almost went with the HW2 as well. I'm curious as to what your impressions of it will be. I know you'll love the build of the EP. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Edit: Just read your earlier post about seeing it at Best Buy. So, you already know what the build quality feels like.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

On a different note, walking through Rockefeller Center today, I saw a man using a Lumia 950XL to take a selfie with his family. That's the first XL I've ever seen in the wild.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I almost went with the HW2 as well. I'm curious as to what your impressions of it will be. I know you'll love the build of the EP. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Edit: Just read your earlier post about seeing it at Best Buy. So, you already know what the build quality feels like.
I've been checking out both the Huawei watch 2 and Andy's phone for the better part of two months in Best Buy. I don't mind how the Watch 2 fits on the wrist, just hate how small the screen is. The design to me is an updated LG G Watch R, which I adored.

I thought about getting the funky grey model with those like green trims, but I won't.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I've been checking out both the Huawei watch 2 and Andy's phone for the better part of two months in Best Buy. I don't mind how the Watch 2 fits on the wrist, just hate how small the screen is. The design to me is an updated LG G Watch R, which I adored.

I thought about getting the funky grey model with those like green trims, but I won't.
That screen size was the only reason I didn't get that watch.

I agree. The other two EP colors are pretty funky indeed. Call me crazy, but I want one of each color. 😂😂 Went through this with the Lumia 920 too. Need to start selling more stuff. And Andy needs to keep dropping the price.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That screen size was the only reason I didn't get that watch.

I agree. The other two EP colors are pretty funky indeed. Call me crazy, but I want one of each color. 😂😂 Went through this with the Lumia 920 too. Need to start selling more stuff. And Andy needs to keep dropping the price.
I agree - that screen is too damn small.

Having said that, I may be willing to put up with it as long as it can handle the abuse and give good battery life. I really liked the screen on the Watch Sport, but the fact that the bands weren't removable are a big deal to me.

My issue with the 360 is Moto has no plans to really support it, and the battery is so-so. The OG Huawei watch doesn't cut it for me in direct sunlight and 2.0 acts funny on it periodically. I had a few random reboots yesterday for no reason.

So that leaves me with the Watch 2. It uses the same bands as the 360, so that's helpful as I have about 8 different ones.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

AW2.0 really threw my LG Watch Urbane a curve ball too. Loving it on my Watch Sport though. I wish I could switch up the bands on it, but it is what it is. Hope you like the HW2.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

i should probably recap how that year went. so i left sprint becuse they were closing the device repair side because they weren't making money. Then i got hired in a place that repaired , MacBook's, iMacs, pads, iPhone and any other iProducts. I didn't last there because me and the manager didn't see eye to eye. Then i was jobless for about a month before working at cricket wireless. Now i got offered a job for a computer warehouse company that works with computer parts. So i got hired to test out Computer hardware :D. and i start on the 20th hehe. Also im still the same sahib LOL . thats about it i think

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro