WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I HAD one.
Where do you think MIA got his???
Lol! Sahib can have that same one if he wants to as well. It's still in great shape, outside a few small dings it picked up...

...plus if he plans to get one to tinker, it's one of the best V20s to do so...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back and nice to see you're doing well. We had thoughts of sending out a search party at one point.

Congrats on your grad, car, and work. Still no luck with the ladies I see.

Don't know if you have plans to read the previous posts.

I'll give you a very brief run down of my situation.

I have five days left at my current job.

I have 11 days left in the UK.

I sold my house in the UK.

I bought a house in rural France about an hour east of Bordeaux.

No I'm not planning to work in engineering. No I'm not retiring. I'm changing lifestyle.

My property in France requires renovation so will be doing that for a while.

We have plans to do several businesses as a way of having income. Still working that out.

We'll be in temporary accommodation for the first 6 months, maybe.

Yes it's a big change.
Nice summary. I figured you would have shown up at some point and didn't want to give Sahib the updates on your behalf.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

the pixel does seem great but i put audio and camera at the top must have features for me and the v20 has both. i am torn between the g6 and the v20 because they are very similar but the g6 has 32 gb of internal storage vs 64 with the v20
If you plan to tinker, you need to read the G6 forums carefully as I hear LG is getting less tinker friendly starting from the G6...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If you plan to tinker, you need to read the G6 forums carefully as I hear LG is getting less tinker friendly starting from the G6...
Yup, they really have started to mess things up.
Heck even Samsung is easy to flash a bloat free unlocked firmware on a carrier branded version.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, they really have started to mess things up.
Heck even Samsung is easy to flash a bloat free unlocked firmware on a carrier branded version.
If he's gonna go the vanilla route and not tinker, the security patches are more summer 2017 than that mess LG has on the US unlocked. Laura's running on a Jan 2017 patch.

Seriously.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's the thing I still don't like with Android... security updates. There's this big talk about that and yet it is such a pain to choose a device that you want and know you'll always get updates through the life of the product.

It won't change until people start demanding updates as a part of the process, but the average consumer doesn't give two ****s about updates...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Welcome back and nice to see you're doing well. We had thoughts of sending out a search party at one point.

No I'm not planning to work in engineering. No I'm not retiring. I'm changing lifestyle.

We have plans to do several businesses as a way of having income. Still working that out.

Yes it's a big change.

i plan to read what i missed since i got time now :p
wow a lot has happened in a year for you. I do have a question why France?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's the thing I still don't like with Android... security updates. There's this big talk about that and yet it is such a pain to choose a device that you want and know you'll always get updates through the life of the product.

It won't change until people start demanding updates as a part of the process, but the average consumer doesn't give two ****s about updates...
if there anything I've learned from the average consumer is that they think Samsung is android. :/ say if they get a LG phone they ask if it runs Samsung. :/

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't have it enabled, but I believe you can do it. Just have to look in the threads on XDA.

If you plan to get one and tinker with it, there are a few things to know though...

nah i don't plan on rooting and changing stuff. If that is the case, I'm sliding more towards the Lg v20 because of the storage it has

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes it's a big change.

probably my only big change was my car LOL !!! well i was concentrating on landing a job ive always wanted and now I have it :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

i should probably recap how that year went. so i left sprint becuse they were closing the device repair side because they weren't making money. Then i got hired in a place that repaired , MacBook's, iMacs, pads, iPhone and any other iProducts. I didn't last there because me and the manager didn't see eye to eye. Then i was jobless for about a month before working at cricket wireless. Now i got offered a job for a computer warehouse company that works with computer parts. So i got hired to test out Computer hardware :D. and i start on the 20th hehe. Also im still the same sahib LOL . thats about it i think
Congratulations on the new job and good luck.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

nah i don't plan on rooting and changing stuff. If that is the case, I'm sliding more towards the Lg v20 because of the storage it has
Ok. Well, as I said earlier you can get a discount on mine if you're interested. Otherwise you may want to pick up a carrier branded version as they've got better software support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss