WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, it was a great weekend.
But it was pretty brutal on the wallet :)
Anyways, all parties involved are quite happy though.
Got some goodies for everyone in the family.
Bought some presents for family overseas.

And
we got an awesome motorized height adjustable work desk. This thing is absolutely gorgeous with a great glass surface (tempered glass) and has really cool 0.1 inch increment height adjustment controls and three USB ports to charge gadgets left on the work desk.

I will post a picture a bit later.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Welcome back and nice to see you're doing well. We had thoughts of sending out a search party at one point.

Congrats on your grad, car, and work. Still no luck with the ladies I see.

Don't know if you have plans to read the previous posts.

I'll give you a very brief run down of my situation.

I have five days left at my current job.

I have 11 days left in the UK.

I sold my house in the UK.

I bought a house in rural France about an hour east of Bordeaux.

No I'm not planning to work in engineering. No I'm not retiring. I'm changing lifestyle.

My property in France requires renovation so will be doing that for a while.

We have plans to do several businesses as a way of having income. Still working that out.

We'll be in temporary accommodation for the first 6 months, maybe.

Yes it's a big change.

When did all of this happen? Damn. I'd never guess such a huge changes could occur in such a short period of time.

I wish you best of luck. At least you'll have a chance to enjoy those fancy Bordeaux wines.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

also on a random note, I learned how to drive a stick shift car. I really wanted a buy a Subaru wrx , but it was a 5 speed so i bought it and learned how to drive it :D .

Funny how you have to put an accent on a stick shift car in US. In my country you don't even have an option to learn automatic.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I have nothing against other people liking sport but I often feel that in general, it takes over the TV, news and other things in life, like general conversation, way too much.

There's so much more to life than sport. Also, if sport actually gave back to the community (it typically doesn't or just tokenish) then I'd feel probably different about it. All I see sport doing is taking more than giving.

But that's my view on it of course. Others will feel different.
I don't disagree at all that there's more to life than sports. But for so many, it's the only escape from the rat race. I'm not one of those who live and die by the latest scores but for a few hours Saturday night I was totally disconnected from civilization as I watched my beloved 'Canes "Convicts" take the "Catholics" of Notre Dame behind the woodshed. Didn't change my life one iota but it sure felt good.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, it was a great weekend.
But it was pretty brutal on the wallet :)
Anyways, all parties involved are quite happy though.
Got some goodies for everyone in the family.
Bought some presents for family overseas.

And
we got an awesome motorized height adjustable work desk. This thing is absolutely gorgeous with a great glass surface (tempered glass) and has really cool 0.1 inch increment height adjustment controls and three USB ports to charge gadgets left on the work desk.

I will post a picture a bit later.

That's awesome! Glad that everyone is pleased. Hmm this desk sounds interesting. I like that there's 3 ports.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't disagree at all that there's more to life than sports. But for so many, it's the only escape from the rat race. I'm not one of those who live and die by the latest scores but for a few hours Saturday night I was totally disconnected from civilization as I watched my beloved 'Canes "Convicts" take the "Catholics" of Notre Dame behind the woodshed. Didn't change my life one iota but it sure felt good.

So true. I feel good being passionate about my team and I just light up when I meet and talk to someone else who feels the same way. One of my friends recently got engaged, and I liked him already because he was also passionate about my team too. I was in a super good mood for the rest of the night into the next day.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There are more and more women over here doing sports reporting and no one seems to bat an eye. I think it's fairly commonplace here in Europe in general. That doesn't mean the 'big star reporters' aren't men though.

On two out of our three national stations (I'm not sure if a national TV has the same meaning here and in the US), are women who are reporting sport news.

Though I have yet to see a woman comentator.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Funny how you have to put an accent on a stick shift car in US. In my country you don't even have an option to learn automatic.

I believe if more people, well here where i live, knew how to drive stick; I bet people would actually pay attention to the rode instead of their phones.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You're brave... though the thread hasn't moved that swiftly so maybe not too bad.

Though it's been sort of boring lately. No offence to anyone but I find talking about phones about as exciting as talking about sport...

View attachment 138126

i agree after selling phones for about a year and talking about them, i find them boring because they are all to similar now :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The funny thing was for me was i got hired not because of my degree in computers nope it was because in my resume i stated that i can drive a manual car. The interviewer told me that since i put effort into learning a dying skill in his opinion; he figured I would put the effort with anything i was assigned.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The funny thing was for me was i got hired not because of my degree in computers nope it was because in my resume i stated that i can drive a manual car. The interviewer told me that since i put effort into learning a dying skill in his opinion; he figured I would put the effort with anything i was assigned.

That's very interesting, but that does make a lot of sense.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I believe if more people, well here where i live, knew how to drive stick; I bet people would actually pay attention to the rode instead of their phones.
What's an automatic? 😂

We only drive manuals in my house and it's getting harder to find a well-equipped truck or SUV with a stick. The wife refuses to drive an auto so I told her to take good care of her present mount.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

On two out of our three national stations (I'm not sure if a national TV has the same meaning here and in the US), are women who are reporting sport news.

Though I have yet to see a woman comentator.
Amazingly back in the 70s there was a female, African-American at that, who used to host the NFL pre-game show on CBS(?). Her name was Jayne Kennedy and she was drop dead gorgeous but she knew her football.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What's an automatic? ??????

We only drive manuals in my house and it's getting harder to find a well-equipped truck or SUV with a stick. The wife refuses to drive an auto so I told her to take good care of her present mount.

i feel strange when i drive a car without a clutch. When i drive my sisters car, i mistakenly press an invisible clutch pedal that Isn't there :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What's an automatic? ??????

As long as Honda continues to make the Type R , Subaru with the WRX/STI and ford with the Focus RS, ill have lots to choose from :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99