WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I once drove a semi-automatic. You have a stick just like you're used to, but no clutch. You just release the gas pedal when you want to switch gears. Now that car was a definition of a PITA. Every once in a while I'd the brake thinking it was a clutch, nailing my face to the wheel.
i never knew that was a thing. i do know that we have paddle shifters o_O

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, go figure that taking my laptop battery out and then putting it back in made it charge again...after I have spent $120 for a replacement one. I'm glad that it's working but I feel silly since I didn't consider that option before.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yup Pixel 2 XL really messed up, lol.
But the camera on the phone is the bomb.

It is amazing and the fact that it only took 1 lens over the trend of 2 is well done by Google. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your shots from it eventually.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It is amazing and the fact that it only took 1 lens over the trend of 2 is well done by Google. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your shots from it eventually.
I'm itching to use the phone as well.
As soon as the screen protectors get here

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yup Pixel 2 XL really messed up, lol.
But the camera on the phone is the bomb.

i think what killed it for me was that it didnt have a headphone jack. i was a fan of the first pixel but since the pixel 2 doesnt have a headphone jack its a no go for me

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

i think what killed it for me was that it didnt have a headphone jack. i was a fan of the first pixel but since the pixel 2 doesnt have a headphone jack its a no go for me
I have a Pixel XL that I need to sell. Let me know if you are interested

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF loves her Google Home and drives me nuts with it. And in the interest of being a sucker for punishment, I'm getting her two Minis for Christmas - one of her kitchen and one for her living room. My Alexa is left in one room and her Home is left in the bedroom.
I have asked for a Fitbit Alta HR for Christmas. So I'm good in that regard. I'd like to get both Andy's phone and the Huawei watch 2 for $450...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The funny thing was for me was i got hired not because of my degree in computers nope it was because in my resume i stated that i can drive a manual car. The interviewer told me that since i put effort into learning a dying skill in his opinion; he figured I would put the effort with anything i was assigned.

Only in North America would this statement be true. The vast majority of countries still have manual cars as the car most people drive. That's not to say that automatic isn't becoming more popular, especially in the more expensive cars like BMWs but most cars on the road here are still manuals. Same goes for France and most EU countries.

Also, something to note. A degree is only one aspect of your resume. Most people get hired on other things (skills, abilities or just attitude) rather than what piece of paper they have. The paper is important but it isn't the main reason you got hired.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I believe if more people, well here where i live, knew how to drive stick; I bet people would actually pay attention to the rode instead of their phones.

Believe me when I say this, keeping in mind that the majority of people I drive with on the road drive a manual car.

People who drive manuals are not better drivers. They still text on their phones, which is more dangerous. It's illegal here in the UK but people still do it. All ages too.

Driving a manual does not make you a better driver in any way shape or form. People still suck at driving regardless.

Lastly, when I lived in Canada, a lot of people who drove manuals sucked at hills and always did roll backs. In countries where manual is common, people NEVER do this. You'd get honked at or given the finger.

I speak from over 14 years of living and driving in countries where manual cars are the norm.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When did all of this happen? Damn. I'd never guess such a huge changes could occur in such a short period of time.

I wish you best of luck. At least you'll have a chance to enjoy those fancy Bordeaux wines.

I'm not much of a wine drinker or a drinker in general.

This plan started last year, around September when we first started thinking more seriously about the referendum result and what it might mean for us.

Not sure if I ever told the story of my moving to Australia or if you saw if I did.

When I moved to Australia I went from one life in Canada to another Australia between January and November in 2003. It was a really big change.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99