WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Did I see a statistic that basically said there was one of these a day?

Sad really. :(
You are incorrect. Today is the 318th day of the year and this marked the 317th mass shooting in the US this year. It's not sad, it's f*****g insane. Three children were murdered by a soul-less a**hole. Forgive me for my French but crimes against children really get to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, my heart goes out to all past, present, and unfortunately future victims of massing shootings and their families. Ill deeds respect no age, gender, culture or socioeconomics as it is merely the end product of ill thoughts.

Until we address the underlying issues by acknowledgement and actual problem solving, we will remain in the cycle of being initially outraged, kvetch about the "same old solutions by shouting down down different opinions than our own and taking in information from sources aligned with our viewpoint, and then crawl back to our daily lives.

Perhaps Mr. Marley can speak on this more eloquently than me...

https://youtu.be/1Hrglx9PCpo

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, the tempered glass and cradle for the Watch 2 and the extra straps for the Alta HR are here.

All I need now is the actual watch and smartband...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You are incorrect. Today is the 318th day of the year and this marked the 317th mass shooting in the US this year. It's not sad, it's f*****g insane. Three children were murdered by a soul-less a**hole. Forgive me for my French but crimes against children really get to me.
I totally agree with you.

Thing is, after Sandyhook and with nothing done. I just don't see this pattern changing any time soon.

When you have a belief you're entitled to a gun it is literally like a religion.

Most don't know what the 2nd amendment is because they haven't read it. They just parrot what they're told it is.

There's nothing wrong with the idea of gun control. It's proven to work. Unfortunately there are people who put profit before life.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

what makes me mad is that after many shootings there aren't any sensible gun laws. its becoming the norm to hear some sort of shooting and that is sad :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

what makes me mad is that after many shootings there aren't any sensible gun laws. its becoming the norm to hear some sort of shooting and that is sad :/

The main problem the US has is that they need a federal solution. Not a state solution.

Having a state by state solution is a complete waste of time and effort.

That looks unlikely to happen any time soon. There's too many politicians in the back pocket of the terrorist organisation known as the NRA.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know you're not a drinker, but I had to mention it.

I can get what you're saying. GB, and Europe in general, has really changed alot in the past few years. Rise of the nationalism is surprisingly worrying, it just came out of nowhere. (Or more like people stopped being afraid of expressing the kind of morons they were).

When all this is happening in the *Europe* (Germany, France, Spain and similar), what can one expect from a place such is my Balkan with it's every-50-years-war tradition.

Nationalism has been on the rise for some time. Decades.

It's by far the easiest way to get people on board an 'ideal'. Patriotism, nationalism, conservatism all base their ideas on slogans meant to provoke feelings. Idealism about what 'your' country is and how 'great' it is or can be.

Unfortunately, more often than not, all those things usually comes a very brash negative ideology that there is only 'one' way to be 'American', 'British', etc. Better known as identity politics. That's where things get nasty. Revisionist of history normally crops into things. Ideology of the past seen as being 'better' than today. All these things, without fail, lead to a misinterpretation of what really makes a country a great place. The people. The diversity. The compassion. The care of one another.

That's what's sad about the rise of nationalism, etc. It divides people. The UK is an absolute mess at the moment. Just as bad if not worse than the US at the moment. There is no healing in sight. At all.

That's why I'm getting out of here. Yes there is no perfect country, but there's better than here.

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Now, my heart goes out to all past, present, and unfortunately future victims of massing shootings and their families. Ill deeds respect no age, gender, culture or socioeconomics as it is merely the end product of ill thoughts.

Until we address the underlying issues by acknowledgement and actual problem solving, we will remain in the cycle of being initially outraged, kvetch about the "same old solutions by shouting down down different opinions than our own and taking in information from sources aligned with our viewpoint, and then crawl back to our daily lives.

Perhaps Mr. Marley can speak on this more eloquently than me...

https://youtu.be/1Hrglx9PCpo

Don't know how majority of US politicians won't admit that the heart of the problem lies within the fact that it's so easy to access guns and weapons.

Not the only thing that's to blame, but surely one of the most important ones.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Nationalism has been on the rise for some time. Decades.

It's by far the easiest way to get people on board an 'ideal'. Patriotism, nationalism, conservatism all base their ideas on slogans meant to provoke feelings. Idealism about what 'your' country is and how 'great' it is or can be.

Unfortunately, more often than not, all those things usually comes a very brash negative ideology that there is only 'one' way to be 'American', 'British', etc. Better known as identity politics. That's where things get nasty. Revisionist of history normally crops into things. Ideology of the past seen as being 'better' than today. All these things, without fail, lead to a misinterpretation of what really makes a country a great place. The people. The diversity. The compassion. The care of one another.

That's what's sad about the rise of nationalism, etc. It divides people. The UK is an absolute mess at the moment. Just as bad if not worse than the US at the moment. There is no healing in sight. At all.

That's why I'm getting out of here. Yes there is no perfect country, but there's better than here.

It seems to me that Europe is catching up with Balkans, not vice versa. Instead of us embracing "the European values" that you can hear about every once in a while on a TV, totally different scenario is being played.

Europe is literally dividing itself. GB and Spain are perfect examples. Don't get me wrong, but France is not far away, just like Germany.

The diversity thing should be the one to connect us, not the opposite. I freaking enjoy learning about different cultures. In my country there's 3 major nations. That should be the most positive thing about this place, but politicians and some, not all, religious leaders are taking advantage of it for their personal good by spreading lies, fear and causing controversies. So yup, you stole that one from us!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It seems to me that Europe is catching up with Balkans, not vice versa. Instead of us embracing "the European values" that you can hear about every once in a while on a TV, totally different scenario is being played.

Europe is literally dividing itself. GB and Spain are perfect examples. Don't get me wrong, but France is not far away, just like Germany.

The diversity thing should be the one to connect us, not the opposite. I freaking enjoy learning about different cultures. In my country there's 3 major nations. That should be the most positive thing about this place, but politicians and some, not all, religious leaders are taking advantage of it for their personal good by spreading lies, fear and causing controversies. So yup, you stole that one from us!

I don't think it's as bad as it looks. The UK has had issues for a very long time and the problems here isn't so much on nationalistic identity (though it's managed to wrap itself in) it's more about the divide of the country that's existed since the 80s. The North/South divide of England. The blue collar workers vs the white collar.

It's the fact the government in London (lets be clear here that's the issue) tends to 'forget' the North and only concentrates on the South. So as you can imagine as time has gone by, anger increases. The EU referendum was more than a referendum on the EU, it was one on the UK government and it's inability to service the whole of the UK. However, since the right wing media and talking heads point to the EU for causing the issues, the plebs are angry at the EU instead and EXPECT the UK government to finally notice them. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Just look at the news on Brexit and you can see it's not the plan at all.

As for other European countries, I can't say for certain what's going on there. Identity politics is something that continues to linger there and I can understand why but it's not exactly a 'pretty' thing.

I think the Spain issue is overblown. What's going on there is messy for sure but it should be put into perspective. It's an internal Spanish issue brought on by poor political management and some good talking heads in the opposition. Slogans are all great and dandy but they don't put food on the table or provide work. I'm sure that will put a stop things in Spain eventually. Time will tell.

The good out of this is that the majority of countries in the EU still want to be a part of the EU so this is still positive. Does the EU need to change. Yes. How long will that take? Who knows but they better hurry.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't know how majority of US politicians won't admit that the heart of the problem lies within the fact that it's so easy to access guns and weapons.

Not the only thing that's to blame, but surely one of the most important ones.
"Guns don't kill people; people kill people."

When a culture exists where it's OK when someone snaps for any reason to choose to access a weapon to cause harm to random strangers or known individuals, that's the problem.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I don't think it's as bad as it looks. The UK has had issues for a very long time and the problems here isn't so much on nationalistic identity (though it's managed to wrap itself in) it's more about the divide of the country that's existed since the 80s. The North/South divide of England. The blue collar workers vs the white collar.

It's the fact the government in London (lets be clear here that's the issue) tends to 'forget' the North and only concentrates on the South. So as you can imagine as time has gone by, anger increases. The EU referendum was more than a referendum on the EU, it was one on the UK government and it's inability to service the whole of the UK. However, since the right wing media and talking heads point to the EU for causing the issues, the plebs are angry at the EU instead and EXPECT the UK government to finally notice them. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Just look at the news on Brexit and you can see it's not the plan at all.

As for other European countries, I can't say for certain what's going on there. Identity politics is something that continues to linger there and I can understand why but it's not exactly a 'pretty' thing.

I think the Spain issue is overblown. What's going on there is messy for sure but it should be put into perspective. It's an internal Spanish issue brought on by poor political management and some good talking heads in the opposition. Slogans are all great and dandy but they don't put food on the table or provide work. I'm sure that will put a stop things in Spain eventually. Time will tell.

The good out of this is that the majority of countries in the EU still want to be a part of the EU so this is still positive. Does the EU need to change. Yes. How long will that take? Who knows but they better hurry.

Spain had issues with separatism for years. First Basque then Catalonia. And I believe you sort of missed my point. I was trying to say that the internal affairs and conflicts could bring EU to their knees.

Mices like Hungaria are opposing Germany and pretty much everyone else. Not the mention the amount of fascism that's been spoken by their premier/president.

France has, if I recall correctly, an alt-right party that stands for the same values as Brexit does. Germany's nationalist got a historical number of votes on the last elections.

It's somewhat fine for now, but in 4-t years, in the time of new elections, who knows what's going to happen.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think in 4+ years the world could be a completely different place.

Right wing nationalism is high when people feel left out. Unemployment is high. Opportunities are small. People feel left out. Negative press thrives on these things.

If things get better, people will care less about things like refugees and immigration because they'll feel it doesn't affect them. It's only when times are rough that all this nonsense comes to the surface.

I've been though all this before. It goes in cycles. There's tones of studies on it as well.

It will come down to the economy. If there is a change for the better I expect the far right to diminish, not to disappear, it never does, but to lose power.

As for Independence movements, they'll never go away. Simply because people like to feel unique and believe they're tapping into their history. There's always a limit how far back that history is of course, to justify their uniqueness.

That's how revisionism works. How nationalism works. Call up history, but so long as it fits your agenda.

That's my perspective. History repeating. That's all this is. It's not pretty either.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On a happier note and different topic. I got taken out to lunch today. Was nice. The person gave me a nice book too.

It's been nice to befriend done nice people.

I also had my exit interview today. I left good feedback. Believe it or not I have the ability to speak without being sarcastic.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a happier note and different topic. I got taken out to lunch today. Was nice. The person gave me a nice book too.

It's been nice to befriend done nice people.

I also had my exit interview today. I left good feedback. Believe it or not I have the ability to speak without being sarcastic.

Aww cool! That sounds really nice. I know I keep asking but considering that you sold the house and you had your exit interview, it must feel interesting that it is finally almost here. I'm wondering if you feel like it needs to come already or a mix of feelings.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Aww cool! That sounds really nice. I know I keep asking but considering that you sold the house and you had your exit interview, it must feel interesting that it is finally almost here. I'm wondering if you feel like it needs to come already or a mix of feelings.

Can't get here soon enough to be honest.

Mixed feelings... more to do with the people I know rather than the job or the company but we'll stay in contact.

I'm ready for the change. To meet new people. To do new things. To try something different. :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Can't get here soon enough to be honest.

Mixed feelings... more to do with the people I know rather than the job or the company but we'll stay in contact.

I'm ready for the change. To meet new people. To do new things. To try something different. :)

Awesome! I'm excited for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)