WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I got into the program and I will be starting in January!!!

Phew. Now to sort out all of the graduate/incoming student stuff. I think I'll need to do a half day or something to get some of these moving parts handled. I'm excited and also nervous...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Phew. Now to sort out all of the graduate/incoming student stuff. I think I'll need to do a half day or something to get some of these moving parts handled.
Congratulations! We knew you'd get in!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Phew. Now to sort out all of the graduate/incoming student stuff. I think I'll need to do a half day or something to get some of these moving parts handled. I'm excited and also nervous...

Congratulations!
I am so happy for you!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Can't get here soon enough to be honest.

Mixed feelings... more to do with the people I know rather than the job or the company but we'll stay in contact.

I'm ready for the change. To meet new people. To do new things. To try something different. :)

Good luck with everything!
Sounds exciting.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

"Guns don't kill people; people kill people."

When a culture exists where it's OK when someone snaps for any reason to choose to access a weapon to cause harm to random strangers or known individuals, that's the problem.

Well if there's a much more controled access to weapons, such personalities would have a tough time finding weapons. Not saying they wouldn't manage to find them at all, cause we know large portion of them would still find the way, but it's about those cases when they wouldn't be able to get guns in their hands, thus sparing number of lifes.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think in 4+ years the world could be a completely different place.

Right wing nationalism is high when people feel left out. Unemployment is high. Opportunities are small. People feel left out. Negative press thrives on these things.

If things get better, people will care less about things like refugees and immigration because they'll feel it doesn't affect them. It's only when times are rough that all this nonsense comes to the surface.

I've been though all this before. It goes in cycles. There's tones of studies on it as well.

It will come down to the economy. If there is a change for the better I expect the far right to diminish, not to disappear, it never does, but to lose power.

As for Independence movements, they'll never go away. Simply because people like to feel unique and believe they're tapping into their history. There's always a limit how far back that history is of course, to justify their uniqueness.

That's how revisionism works. How nationalism works. Call up history, but so long as it fits your agenda.

That's my perspective. History repeating. That's all this is. It's not pretty either.

I agree. Let's just hope the situation does get better. In Europe at least, this **** hole of Balkans is unfixable. Which we can, again, partially thank Europe for.

Beautiful politics.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I wasn't around for quite some time. Quick recap?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Pixel 2 - First day experience.

Backstory - I finally DID it. Sold every other phone I had. The only backup device I now have is a Lumia 925! I just reset the Pixel XL that I used for 15 days and packed it to ship it out.

Mini review will be posted first week in December. Next week is Thanksgiving and following week I am in Minnesota for work.

Okay, so on with the initial experience.

Size - Despite being a smidgen taller, this phone feels better ergonomically than the original Pixel. It could be due to the fact that it is slightly thinner and there is no slope from bottom to top on the back cover. Also the case I have is probably the best thin case I have found. I would have liked for them to have stereo speakers and a small chin top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL though.

Screen - No issues. For that matter, I didn't have any issues with the OG Pixel screen as well.

Speakers - they sound great. No issues. As I said before would have liked a smaller bezel (chin) top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL.

No headphone jack - biggest gripe. Google's dongle isn't great compared to Apple's and is expensive. Also for some bizarre reason the phone doesn't like my Motorola USB-C dongle. Go figure. I am currently charging my BT headphones and will provide an update about that later. This is probably the biggest disappointment so far.

OS - Fluid, fluid, fluid. This is is definitely snappier and faster on Oreo compared to the OG Pixel. I would say the experience on this device now closely rivals what folks get on iOS and ifruit devices.

Camera - no test driving yet.

Google Assistant using the squeeze function. I can see the benefit of it but so far have mistakenly activated it a couple of times. If it gets annoying then I will turn it off.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There's a guy in the floor beneath me that keeps blasting music all day long. Like literally without a pause. One moment it's cancerogenic turbo-folk the other moment it's ex yu rock. Don't know how one person could have such a vast musical taste (note, read turbo-folk as the most disgusting piece of music, the most atrocious of it's kind you can find on the internet).

Anyway, it really needs to stop, cause the bass is literally causing vibrations and it bothers alot.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

On a happier note and different topic. I got taken out to lunch today. Was nice. The person gave me a nice book too.

It's been nice to befriend done nice people.

I also had my exit interview today. I left good feedback. Believe it or not I have the ability to speak without being sarcastic.

i never knew that was such a thing as a exit interview :p.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Pixel 2 - First day experience.

Backstory - I finally DID it. Sold every other phone I had. The only backup device I now have is a Lumia 925! I just reset the Pixel XL that I used for 15 days and packed it to ship it out.

Mini review will be posted first week in December. Next week is Thanksgiving and following week I am in Minnesota for work.

Okay, so on with the initial experience.

Size - Despite being a smidgen taller, this phone feels better ergonomically than the original Pixel. It could be due to the fact that it is slightly thinner and there is no slope from bottom to top on the back cover. Also the case I have is probably the best thin case I have found. I would have liked for them to have stereo speakers and a small chin top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL though.

Screen - No issues. For that matter, I didn't have any issues with the OG Pixel screen as well.

Speakers - they sound great. No issues. As I said before would have liked a smaller bezel (chin) top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL.

No headphone jack - biggest gripe. Google's dongle isn't great compared to Apple's and is expensive. Also for some bizarre reason the phone doesn't like my Motorola USB-C dongle. Go figure. I am currently charging my BT headphones and will provide an update about that later. This is probably the biggest disappointment so far.

OS - Fluid, fluid, fluid. This is is definitely snappier and faster on Oreo compared to the OG Pixel. I would say the experience on this device now closely rivals what folks get on iOS and ifruit devices.

Camera - no test driving yet.

Google Assistant using the squeeze function. I can see the benefit of it but so far have mistakenly activated it a couple of times. If it gets annoying then I will turn it off.

what you said " for some bizarre reason the phone doesn't like my Motorola USB-C dongle." I do hope there is a standard for dongles because, i don't want to worry about if a certain dongle will work with a certain device :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There's a guy in the floor beneath me that keeps blasting music all day long. Like literally without a pause. One moment it's cancerogenic turbo-folk the other moment it's ex yu rock. Don't know how one person could have such a vast musical taste (note, read turbo-folk as the most disgusting piece of music, the most atrocious of it's kind you can find on the internet).

Anyway, it really needs to stop, cause the bass is literally causing vibrations and it bothers alot.

at least your neighbors aren't smoking weed :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations and good luck!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Since its raining i bet its going to be a slow day at work. i like slow days because that means i don't have to deal with difficult people

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Congrats to you :) :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers