WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh you think so? I'm in the dormitory, think again. Wish I could somehow record the smell so I can show you. The weed is coming to my dorm under the door every other night. Sometimes, when they really smoke hard, it accumulates so much in the hallway that it activates the smoke sensors. You should see them trying to deactivate it while high.

Oh dear, they sound like very annoying people.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There isn't really much of one. I have been trying to apply for a Master's in Library Science this year (for a while really) but I have been held back by an exam. That exam requirement was dropped so I applied...and got in!

That's great news! I'm really happy for you. Good luck getting that Masters degree.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

My car you can feel the gear changes. It feels like a manual in a very real way. But it's not.
Not sure but if you still have Citroen the gearbox is automated manual, it's quite different then dual clutch, CVT or normal automatic. Apparently it's basically a robot that presses the clutch in for you, changes gear and then releases the clutch.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Pixel 2 - First day experience.

Backstory - I finally DID it. Sold every other phone I had. The only backup device I now have is a Lumia 925! I just reset the Pixel XL that I used for 15 days and packed it to ship it out.

Mini review will be posted first week in December. Next week is Thanksgiving and following week I am in Minnesota for work.

Okay, so on with the initial experience.

Size - Despite being a smidgen taller, this phone feels better ergonomically than the original Pixel. It could be due to the fact that it is slightly thinner and there is no slope from bottom to top on the back cover. Also the case I have is probably the best thin case I have found. I would have liked for them to have stereo speakers and a small chin top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL though.

Screen - No issues. For that matter, I didn't have any issues with the OG Pixel screen as well.

Speakers - they sound great. No issues. As I said before would have liked a smaller bezel (chin) top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL.

No headphone jack - biggest gripe. Google's dongle isn't great compared to Apple's and is expensive. Also for some bizarre reason the phone doesn't like my Motorola USB-C dongle. Go figure. I am currently charging my BT headphones and will provide an update about that later. This is probably the biggest disappointment so far.

OS - Fluid, fluid, fluid. This is is definitely snappier and faster on Oreo compared to the OG Pixel. I would say the experience on this device now closely rivals what folks get on iOS and ifruit devices.

Camera - no test driving yet.

Google Assistant using the squeeze function. I can see the benefit of it but so far have mistakenly activated it a couple of times. If it gets annoying then I will turn it off.

I still can't believe that you have sold all of your other phones. Congrats on that! That's interesting that it feels better but that's good. It's dumb that the dongle sounds propriety, I wouldn't have expected Google to do that. I'll be looking forward to your update on this.

Thanks for sharing these early impressions, I'll be looking forward to hearing more.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh dear, they sound like very annoying people.

Actually, they're one of the least annoying ones. The ones with an audio system are true pieces of scum. They play their music way too loud, you can hear it two floors away from them, they've got a big woofer so the vibrations are just plain crazy, and they're drinking and partying every once in a while.

I'd take those weed enthusiasts over these guys any time.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Any exams and "preexams" ?

Next week. I have a short test in Linear Algebra which is worth 5 ECTS, then I have another test in Electrical Engineering Basics worth 3 ECTS. Other 3 subjects don't have those test, just home works that also carry their own share of points.

Exams are also due in the next week, starting from 24.12.

Hoping to pass 3 of them, that'd be ideal.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My take was:
1. The people he liked as Managers have moved away.
2. Someone he would have liked to be Manager didn't happen and someone who as less qualified is now his boss.
3. Even though he is qualified, he is getting fewer work hours versus someone who is not.
4. On top he is getting pushed to sell something in a way that he is not comfortable

Ergo, he wants to quit.
But, I agree with you, he needs to have a game plan of what to do in 2017 or better yet, have it lined up before his last day at the current employer.
Wonder, if Samsung girl can help him land a job....hmmmm.....then if he is in a blind spot with her for 30 minutes, I will let you sort out the rest :)

well here i go :p after a year ill clear it up.
1) that is true but my regional manager was being a jerk to put it nicely
2) at the time the person that was my manager was forced to step down and they put that one co-worker i didn't like very much.
3) that is true i was doing all the work as a store lead but i wasn't getting paid as a lead.
4) i was forced to lie to people to sell phones and plans

so yeah i quit sprint because of all of that :p

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

well here i go :p after a year ill clear it up.
1) that is true but my regional manager was being a jerk to put it nicely
2) at the time the person that was my manager was forced to step down and they put that one co-worker i didn't like very much.
3) that is true i was doing all the work as a store lead but i wasn't getting paid as a lead.
4) i was forced to lie to people to sell phones and plans

so yeah i quit sprint because of all of that :p

How old was 99's post? Where did you find it. What on the earth :D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb