WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Did you not like one of their phones or did you get burned by them?

Sent from mTalk
I've owned the OnePlus One...which I still is their best phone to me. I was never burned by them because I got a good unit.

I just think they're chicken**** with their customer service policies and they hype too much like they do a lot of original stuff. They're an Oppo company...Dash Charge = VOOC charging, for example. They shat all over OnePlus Two and X users with their software support. There's always availability issues. I can go on and on...

...they just don't do it for me. That's all.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'll be able to be a librarian and work in more areas, such as managing records, archives and more cool things happening right now like data management.

Also your traditional public and academic libraries of course.
You work as a librarian right now :)?

Sent from mTalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So...lol at One Plus...

More importantly, the sad part of the double standard that exists...Sony upgrades every 6 months, it is vilified. OnePlus picks up the every six months upgrade and people are more inclined to be understanding.

It's not because I'm a Sony fan as to why I say this...but OnePlus isn't a company that will every get a dime from me again.
Sony's upgrades are like Apple though.
Same old design that they have been recycling for ages. I am guessing that's why they get crap and OPO does make some meaningful changes to get some traction.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You work as a librarian right now :)?

Sent from mTalk

Nope, I don't. I have a new title that no one really gets (unless you're in the field lol) but I work with and under a librarian. The old title for my job used to be called library technician.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I've owned the OnePlus One...which I still is their best phone to me. I was never burned by them because I got a good unit.

I just think they're chicken**** with their customer service policies and they hype too much like they do a lot of original stuff. They're an Oppo company...Dash Charge = VOOC charging, for example. They shat all over OnePlus Two and X users with their software support. There's always availability issues. I can go on and on...

...they just don't do it for me. That's all.
For a small nimble company with stock Android it should be easy for them to provide software support for at least 2 years.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sony's upgrades are like Apple though.
Same old design that they have been recycling for ages. I am guessing that's why they get crap and OPO does make some meaningful changes to get some traction.
I disagree.

Using Oppo's designs as references and calling it your own isn't that much different than Sony recycling their own designs. At least Sony is upfront and invented their design for the beginning that they've milked too long.

Even the OPO has a reference phone from Oppo if you dig hard enough to find it.

My point thought isn't about their design practices, but they did too many dhady little things I don't like for a "start up".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For a small nimble company with stock Android it should be easy for them to provide software support for at least 2 years.
Let's see if the 3 and 3T gets P next fall first. That will leave them 5 devices for P...six, if you include the fall refresh. Even if it's technically "3 phones", let's see indeed.

The OnePlus Two is capable of running 7.0 but they scuttled that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I disagree.

Using Oppo's designs as references and calling it your own isn't that much different than Sony recycling their own designs. At least Sony is upfront and invented their design for the beginning that they've milked too long.

Even the OPO has a reference phone from Oppo if you dig hard enough to find it.

My point thought isn't about their design practices, but they did too many dhady little things I don't like for a "start up".
OP does a lot of marketing shenanigans that if Sony copied, perhaps it could get a little traction.

I agree with you that at this point OP is more like a sister company to Oppo than a start up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

OP does a lot of marketing shenanigans that if Sony copied, perhaps it could get a little traction.

I agree with you that at this point OP is more like a sister company to Oppo than a start up.
Actually...

Honor = Huawei sub brand
OnePlus = Oppo sub brand (aimed at a specific demographic)

OnePlus does media shenanigans because they lack a traditional marketing arm and budget. Apple and Samsung roll their marketing and R&D costs, among other things into the end price for their phones.

Sony's problems aren't marketing solely. Sony right now isn't giving those outside of their core fan base to buy their products...that's their problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

it wouldn't be fun without stress ;) its not moving if there is no stress involved
How many times have you moved countries?

This will be number five for me.

There's a reason why I like to sell everything and not have to bother with moving companies... They're a pain and expensive.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So far what I'm reading is I didn't miss much cept that mia would roast libra at times for her constant phone switching. Also rue laughing at 45 for not getting to pass his horrible health care.

Sent from mTalk
Yeah not much happened...

45 became president.
I decided to move to France. Traveled to Santorini.
MIA finished is degree and got a new job.
Lots of talk about phones.
Innuendo between MIA and libre.
A few jokes.

Yeah not much.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So....

a32d12a10697808800c61c7c077f34d7.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah not much happened...

45 became president.
I decided to move to France. Traveled to Santorini.
MIA finished is degree and got a new job.
Lots of talk about phones.
Innuendo between MIA and libre.
A few jokes.

Yeah not much.
For the record, since Sahib absconded (old school shoutout!) from his self created role of "walking into innuendo blindly", Libra was temporarily drafted as a replacement.

But since Sahib is back...all bets may be off after this honeymoon phase ends...lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Librarian for one book?

(Sorry couldn't help myself)...
Nice one.

The divinty piece (while we were dating) was a secondary focus. Once she decided that she didn't want to be ordained to manage the one book, she went to pursue her true academic passions and is using the library studies to do that (the last I heard, anyways).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Still working on getting the camera out for a serious test drive. But I took this last night on the drive home in rain. Pretty decent picture.
35b30f3dd601914d3413a371ed49efc9.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I would never make you for an optimist. I am simply saying that while I appreciate how you've worded your points...

...But here in 'Murica, we don't like to talk about racism when the "forgotten middle class worker" from a certain ethnic group elected this snake oil salesman as President. Yes, the same self interested snake oil salesman is being charged with capturing old glories gained in part by exploiting other ethnicities.

So how can anyone expect these 'Murican politrickians to intelligently address gun control when they facilitated the election of this snake oil salesman in the first place?

Well, that's up to them. I don't think such laws will ever see the bright of the day. That's thanks to strong loby in the first place. But I always wonder why "everyday ordinary people" would oppose such laws. And they do. That remains a mistery to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05