WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Pixel 2 shots.
Not shabby at all.
Portrait photos are awesome but not posting those here.

Sunset at Malibu Beach
Pepperdine University campus in Malibu
Hindu temple in Calabasas
38ac0d26bc8a146a06b5bc1842293172.jpg
66cb7c685b2082626340662672449ff8.jpg
c963d6f26be5c309e46578af0056daad.jpg

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Pixel 2 shots.
Not shabby at all.
Portrait photos are awesome but not posting those here.

Sunset at Malibu Beach
Pepperdine University campus in Malibu
Hindu temple in Calabasas//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171120/38ac0d26bc8a146a06b5bc1842293172.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171120/66cb7c685b2082626340662672449ff8.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171120/c963d6f26be5c309e46578af0056daad.jpg
I do wonder whats that chair story as to why its there on the last picture

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't envy you, yet I do. Ha ha
Packing for a cross town move is a pain. I can imagine that packing for a move to a different country would be a pain to the 10th degree. But, it's got to feel pretty cool to be moving to France.
I've moved around a lot in my adult life. I've lost track of how many times I've moved. Never enjoyed it.

The least stressful I've had is when I didn't have to do anything, unfortunately that was only twice in my life.

I prefer to move with only clothes when moving overseas as it's expensive to move stuff. However this time since we're sort of close we decided to move stuff this time. So it's increased the stress a touch. We've reduced the stuff but there's always more than you think.

It's also dealing with a storage place in another country that doesn't speak your language. It's been interesting...

As for moving to France we're looking forward to it. We're hoping things go smoothly but we both know that when it comes to renovation, nothing is straightforward.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I've moved around a lot in my adult life. I've lost track of how many times I've moved. Never enjoyed it.

The least stressful I've had is when I didn't have to do anything, unfortunately that was only twice in my life.

I prefer to move with only clothes when moving overseas as it's expensive to move stuff. However this time since we're sort of close we decided to move stuff this time. So it's increased the stress a touch. We've reduced the stuff but there's always more than you think.

It's also dealing with a storage place in another country that doesn't speak your language. It's been interesting...

As for moving to France we're looking forward to it. We're hoping things go smoothly but we both know that when it comes to renovation, nothing is straightforward.

My wife and I moved to our home here in Northwest Arkansas almost a decade ago. The rest of my family is back in Louisiana. When we left, we got this feeling that our families were kind of upset with us for breaking away from the norm and moving so far away. Almost as if we were traitors. Ha ha I could only imagine the reaction we would have gotten if we had decided to move to another country. Did you get any reaction like that from your family members?

Just taking your clothes with you sounds like my kind of moving. 👍😂 The few times I've moved, I've always shed more than I've moved with me. My wife holds onto everything though. We still have a few of her unpacked boxes in the garage that have been packed for going on 8 years now. Lol From where you live now, how long does it take you to get to your new place? Are you just loading everything up and driving there?

I've always wanted to buy a fixer upper and work on it as a hobby. Having it as our full time home would be pretty stressful. I hope you get off and running with it quickly, and that you don't hit any serious snags along the way. I'll be curious to see how things progress. Best of luck to you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was in a position where I had to downsize. I let a lot of good stuff go because the financial math at the time didn't make sense for me to put all those things in storage. I was more sad than anything else in having to do that, but when you remember you can replace these things, it makes it easier.

Moving is never fun. I don't care what anyone says.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

If there was one thing i hated was working on the weekends. I never worked Sundays at cricket because that was my only condition i set. The other jobs i had to work Saturday and Sunday:/

That must've been a PITA for sure.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My commute now seems alot more longer but the time difference in locations is only 5 minutes. I will get used to it ....i hope

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I do wonder whats that chair story as to why its there on the last picture

I really couldn't tell why the chair was there!
There were a few other chairs around the entrances but that is for people to sit down to remove and wear their shoes. It is customary to not wear shoes inside temples.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's not really faster but it feels way better, I finally got my MX Master 2S home. Size comparison with my old one, which is also Logitech and still working fine but I decided to upgrade :)
b3cb985658e2fbdda5f6ac1cee463ed4.jpg
70a97ce184ab202ee309cec6ad35894b.jpg
358db70df9249937e0ee5aa38771bb9d.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My wife and I moved to our home here in Northwest Arkansas almost a decade ago. The rest of my family is back in Louisiana. When we left, we got this feeling that our families were kind of upset with us for breaking away from the norm and moving so far away. Almost as if we were traitors. Ha ha I could only imagine the reaction we would have gotten if we had decided to move to another country. Did you get any reaction like that from your family members?

Just taking your clothes with you sounds like my kind of moving. The few times I've moved, I've always shed more than I've moved with me. My wife holds onto everything though. We still have a few of her unpacked boxes in the garage that have been packed for going on 8 years now. Lol From where you live now, how long does it take you to get to your new place? Are you just loading everything up and driving there?

I've always wanted to buy a fixer upper and work on it as a hobby. Having it as our full time home would be pretty stressful. I hope you get off and running with it quickly, and that you don't hit any serious snags along the way. I'll be curious to see how things progress. Best of luck to you.
What my family thought... We'll I cold probably say a few things, none of them good...

My brother and I don't really get along (because we're completely different) and I'm not fond of his wife either so I don't really care what they think.

My sister and I are ok but not that close either. To say we're not a close knit family is a truth.

My sister tries to keep peace with brother which isn't always easy.

The only person I really care about is my mother and I know it was/had been hard but in a way I got her out of her comfort zone a bit and made her travel overseas. Which is a good thing. She's promising to come to France.

But in truth, if you want to move overseas, do it for your own reasons, preferably before you have kids and enjoy the experience with no expectation that your family will understand or visit.

That's the truth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6