WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As much as these Fossil models attract me, I'm still angling for the Hu Watch 2. If I didn't have a Moto 360 or OG Hu Watch, I'd have bought a Q Explorist and a Hu Watch 2. The Fossil watches look very nice though, I must admit.

When I grow up to be like 99, I'll get a fancy analog watch...until then...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm in a weird spot. I want to buy the two Minis for the GF...but it feels so...cheap if I only get her those. I was planning on getting her another Google Before they launched the Minis, and as much as I like the price on sale - I got her that gift LAST year and want to get her something different. I don't want to do a Gear Fit 2 Pro because outside of the fiddly strap and fiddly battery life, she loves her Gear Fit 2.

So I'm wrestling with this one...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

As much as these Fossil models attract me, I'm still angling for the Hu Watch 2. If I didn't have a Moto 360 or OG Hu Watch, I'd have bought a Q Explorist and a Hu Watch 2. The Fossil watches look very nice though, I must admit.

When I grow up to be like 99, I'll get a fancy analog watch...until then...
I don't wear a watch.
Leave fancy aside, I don't have a $20 cheap Timex analog watch as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay one major revelation. The output on most smartphones through the audio jack is crap. I can see why people like the V30 with it's DAC. I've never used the headphone jack on my SP3. I am test driving it for the first time today and boy oh boy, the audio quality is just mind blowingly amazing compared to pretty much every smartphone that I have used recently.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Okay one major revelation. The output on most smartphones through the audio jack is crap. I can see why people like the V30 with it's DAC. I've never used the headphone jack on my SP3. I am test driving it for the first time today and boy oh boy, the audio quality is just mind blowingly amazing compared to pretty much every smartphone that I have used recently.

ooohhhh i cant wait to test out that dac on my v30! its not set to arrive until tomorrow :mad:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

i cant wait for the mini review :p

Lot of travel coming up so it might be a while.
I think it will be delivered next week while I am out in Minnesota.
Also there is a distinct possibility shaping up for travel to Michigan, Boston or Costa Rica in December. It's just a crazy time of the year.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

ooohhhh i cant wait to test out that dac on my v30! its not set to arrive until tomorrow :mad:
I have the V20, and most of my music files are FLAC. The DAC on the V20 sounds better with my Sony MDR-7506 headphones than using a FiiO Q1 standalone DAC and a USB OTG adapter on any other phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Seriously considering about dropping this year. I didn't tell you guys this, but I've been told that if the pain in the liver and spleen doesn't go away soon (and that soon has been overdue for some time now) I could end up with permanent damage to both organs.

Definitely not the kind of academic year I was hoping for.
I'll chime in with the others and say that health should come first and foremost.

There's no such thing as being too old to go to university.

If there are two organs you don't want going on you, one is definitely your liver, the other is your kidneys.

Just a side note, my grandmother died of liver failure. Not due to drinking (though she did a lot of that when younger) but because of long years of meds. It's not a pleasant way to go.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On a more cheery note my house looks like a storage wearhouse currently...

Only one more sleep until I leave. Truck comes at 9am tomorrow and I leave at 11:30pm the same day. So we're now counting down in hours.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a more cheery note my house looks like a storage wearhouse currently...

Only one more sleep until I leave. Truck comes at 9am tomorrow and I leave at 11:30pm the same day. So we're now counting down in hours.

Ooh I'm so excited for you! This came fast, good luck with the moving process.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a bummer. May your errands go as smoothly as they can.
Thanks. It should be fine. I'm going to pop into Best Buy to see if they will do a price match today so I can try to get the Hu watch 2. Otherwise, I can wait until Friday after work.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree with 99 - most phones today offer "passable" audio for music. But since Samsung and (now too) Apple don't care about audio, it will get harder for LG and HTC to continue their stance of audio emphasis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium