WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll chime in with the others and say that health should come first and foremost.

There's no such thing as being too old to go to university.

If there are two organs you don't want going on you, one is definitely your liver, the other is your kidneys.

Just a side note, my grandmother died of liver failure. Not due to drinking (though she did a lot of that when younger) but because of long years of meds. It's not a pleasant way to go.

That is a spot-on assessment. My wife is 49 and she's getting her bachelor's from University of Florida due to a 20 year layoff to raise an autistic child, my princess. She also suffers from Chrohn's Disease and the meds are liver killers.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'll chime in with the others and say that health should come first and foremost.

There's no such thing as being too old to go to university.

If there are two organs you don't want going on you, one is definitely your liver, the other is your kidneys.

Just a side note, my grandmother died of liver failure. Not due to drinking (though she did a lot of that when younger) but because of long years of meds. It's not a pleasant way to go.

And here I am having issues with both of them, though kidneys are almost back to normal. I'll make my call within the next two weeks. Going to try some things and see how it goes.

Don't want to rush with such an important decision.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

On a more cheery note my house looks like a storage wearhouse currently...

Only one more sleep until I leave. Truck comes at 9am tomorrow and I leave at 11:30pm the same day. So we're now counting down in hours.

Good luck! Hope everthing works out for you in France.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Standing in the line at "Whole Paycheck" (Whole Foods) and Blueberry Hill comes on...man, long love the legacy of "The Fat Man" indeed...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have made 0 efforts to check my work phone. Ah, it feels good keeping that thing turned off.
Since my phone currently doesn't have the apps for work i get a pass for now that means i don't get any work notifications 😀

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Watched an interesting video about a guy having a conversation with his wife about why he doesn't cheat. He said that he loves her but even just saying that as a reason not to is a copout (and not taking responsibility for your actions). Not trying to bring up anything here, but he had a great question that can apply to most actions.

His question was "And then what?" An example he used was him being sober. He could have the thought to have a drink because it seems like it would be a good idea and then what? Would it be worth it, for him to feel worse? I found this to be powerful, especially when it comes to certain things.

Of course the comments were mixed but I think I'll borrow that because sometimes the idea of certain things is nicer than the actual thing after the fact.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Watched an interesting video about a guy having a conversation with his wife about why he doesn't cheat. He said that he loves her but even just saying that as a reason not to is a copout (and not taking responsibility for your actions). Not trying to bring up anything here, but he had a great question that can apply to most actions.

His question was "And then what?" An example he used was him being sober. He could have the thought to have a drink because it seems like it would be a good idea and then what? Would it be worth it, for him to feel worse? I found this to be powerful, especially when it comes to certain things.

Of course the comments were mixed but I think I'll borrow that because sometimes the idea of certain things is nicer than the actual thing after the fact.
One of my favorite speakers, Delbert Boone once said loosely: "the getting high part I didn't mind, what I didn't like was dealing with the coming down part".

It's essentially the same sort of thing. There's lots of sex, drugs, material things to he had in this world...and sometimes the biggest part of the rush people get comes from the pursuit of these things and not necessarily the actual moment attainment. The issue is the feelings of achievement don't last with these things, but the fallout usually does.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

One of my favorite speakers, Delbert Boone once said loosely: "the getting high part I didn't mind, what I didn't like was dealing with the coming down part".

It's essentially the same sort of thing. There's lots of sex, drugs, material things to he had in this world...and sometimes the biggest part of the rush people get comes from the pursuit of these things and not necessarily the actual moment attainment. The issue is the feelings of achievement don't last with these things, but the fallout usually does.

Hmm, never realized that but you're so right. The fallout really does.

I think back to some dumb things I have done (just in retrospect) and some of it was so not worth it haha. Like over-drafting my account to have fun one time. I don't even remember what I bought with it, but once was enough. My bank had the thing that if you overdraft, you don't pay fees, it just takes from savings to make up for the difference.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I think back to some dumb things I have done (just in retrospect) and some of it was so not worth it haha. Like over-drafting my account to have fun one time. I don't even remember what I bought with it, but once was enough. My bank had the thing that if you overdraft, you don't pay fees, it just takes from savings to make up for the difference.
You might be interested in this documentary about Jim Carrey losing himself in the character of Andy Kaufman. Then, once filming was over, he had no idea who he was or what he was supposed to be. Very good show.
https://youtu.be/kB15UFO5ebA

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Everything you do is worth it if you learn from it. Regrets are reserved only for those times when others get hurt.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just got to Desert Hot Springs after 4+ hours to drive 142 miles in horrible Thanksgiving LA traffic!

Going to soak in the mineral pools.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss