WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So here's one of my big pet peeves with Android Wear...

My Huawei watch is running on 7.1.1 Nougat, the October 2017 security patch, and version 2.5 of the wear app with play services version 11.

The Huawei watch 2 is running on 7.1.1 Nougat, the August 2017 patch, play services version 11 and the latest version 2.6 of the Wear app.

So how does Google on a platform where they control software updates manages to have all watches running on different versions of software?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's been a long and tiring week. I could use a very cold adult beverage.
I could go for one of these
e185593d7c232b970237c2df3b5bfab6.jpg

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So my first impressions of my LG v30:
Build quailly: this thing is very light. It feels lighter than the iPhone se. I compared it to my sister's iPhone se and man is this phone light. It feels solid in the hands. Everything on the phone screms premium. The screen is great and it's pretty great.
The os: I didn't think I'd have much trouble setting up and adjusting to Android. Boy was I wrong I had lots of trouble how things worked. I learned very quickly this is not like wp. I do like that I can put different keyboard. Though there are things that bug me. How notifications are handled and how confusing it. Let's just say wp had an easier way to silence all notifications. It's pretty cool having all the apps. Other than that I need more time to adjust.
The dac: my gosh this thing can drive home the fact all other OEMS besides HTC have been slacking on the audio department. I actually listen to more music because it's that good.

Camera : I dig these cameras on this phone. I have to test out how great the lens / sensors compare to my lumina 950. Also I want to test out the recording capabilities.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interior shot of my temporary accommodation.

Just for the record. We're not really into country farm look.. we like some aspects of it and we're getting some ideas but we're going all modern in our house.

Also the person we're renting this place off didn't clean it too well (we'll have to do that now) and has trouble communicating with technology. No email.. ffs or texts.. So it's been a bit of a pain.

Apparently they just started renting the place this year. I can say honestly that I can't see high rated reviews. They left no instructions for anything. Not very useful...

0d3d8204c7e735aff6f138d63743c127.jpg

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Holy cow, it's a beautiful looking place, @N_LaRUE
Really cool that you and your wife are going on this adventure. I really look forward to seeing the progress you make on the place. Plus, my wife and I want to book a week over the summer. 😁

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Holy cow, it's a beautiful looking place, @N_LaRUE
Really cool that you and your wife are going on this adventure. I really look forward to seeing the progress you make on the place. Plus, my wife and I want to book a week over the summer.
It looks okay. Not my style at all. It's a classic British person doing a what they think it's a French farm house style.

No French person would ever buy this place. 🤣

It's got zero insulation.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

It looks okay. Not my style at all. It's a classic British person doing a what they think it's a French farm house style.

No French person would ever buy this place. 🤣

It's got zero insulation.
Yeah. I understand why you would not like the decor. It's not something I'd like either. I was mainly talking about the layout of the room and that charred fireplace. When will you start remodeling?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I understand why you would not like the decor. It's not something I'd like either. I was mainly talking about the layout of the room and that charred fireplace. When will you start remodeling?
This is our temporary accommodation. Our house looks a lot rougher...

We won't start on it place until mid December probably.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sorry about that. I just re-read your previous post. I didn't realize that this was the temporary place.
Rue bought a true fixer-upper for sure. I wish him well and am curious to see how it turns out.

Deep in the annals of the thread he's posted before and after photos of his UK house...so he's got a clue or two what to do. I'm kinda jealous of him but hopefully one day I can do something like that.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Rue bought a true fixer-upper for sure. I wish him well and am curious to see how it turns out.

Deep in the annals of the thread he's posted before and after photos of his UK house...so he's got a clue or two what to do. I'm kinda jealous of him but hopefully one day I can do something like that.
Me too. I've always wanted to do something like that. Not in my cards right now. Maybe some day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Me too. I've always wanted to do something like that. Not in my cards right now. Maybe some day.
I was raised in a culture where it wasn't about home ownership, it's about land ownership. If you don't own the land your home is on, anyone can kick you out. We were taught to buy the land first and then you can build the house to your satisfaction.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I was raised in a culture where it wasn't about home ownership, it's about land ownership. If you don't own the land your home is on, anyone can kick you out. We were taught to buy the land first and then you can build the house to your satisfaction.
Good way of doing things. We own the little 2 acres our house is on, but I grew up in a house with trees and lots of land. I miss that. Subdivisions just don't do it for me. I'd love to own some land in the near future.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In the UK houses can be either freehold or land lease. The lease usually is 100 years but it means you don't own the land. I'm not sure if you're leasing from council or someone else.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In the UK houses can be either freehold or land lease. The lease usually is 100 years but it means you don't own the land. I'm not sure if you're leasing from council or someone else.
That wouldn't do for me. I'd rather own the land outright. Doesn't matter the size - as long as it's mine and can be kept in the family. That's what was drilled into me as the real key for land ownership. I've seen the fallout when people steal other's land because of it too.

I don't care to own a home if the land it's on isn't mine.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss