WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

About the girl, she listens to rock, a big fan of Sting and likes art and culture (that means visits to theater and plays without having to beg someone to go with me).
She's studying Italian and I'm already picking up some words. It'd be so cool to learn a new language.
Congrats and all that.

I'll be learning a new language as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've never tried any French food. What do you recommend I try at a restaurant?
This is a difficult question.

There's traditional regional French cuisine (sort of dying out) and then there's nouveau French cuisine, which is sometimes a new take on traditional cuisine.

You probably know a lot of French influenced dishes already without realizing it. Like steak and fries or escargot. Different French sauces like bernaise and hollandaise. Desserts like creme brulee and eclairs. Even lemon meringue pie has it's origins in France.

The big thing about French cuisine is the sauces and herbs. The French are big into those things. The other being fresh seasonal ingredients. They do like their meat but they also do great salads. They also love their butter.

As France is fairly large there's variety in the food in different locations. It just depends what interests you. Meat, fish, veggies and sauces. The French do all very well.

All I can say is go to a good French restaurant and enjoy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If I were to say one dish that is typically French it would be duck confit.

Depends if you like duck.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well The Verge posted a review of the Eve V. I should be getting mine in the next batch of shipments either late December or early January.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/28/16703874/eve-tech-v-windows-tablet-laptop-review

I thought it was a pretty balance review overall. Some of the negatives don't bother me as much. I think it will be a good replacement for my aging SP3.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking of getting a Slickwraps skin for my Pixel 2 to make it look like the Panda Pixel. Can't change button colors but still it should make the phone look unique.

And maybe the marble skin on the Essential to make is safe from the 360 camera micro scratch issues.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

All of the stuff ordered (from Black Friday) fits and I really like most of it. That says a lot for clothes, since I don't really like clothes shopping. Returning 2 things, but already ordered their replacements...yesterday haha. To be fair, these are work clothes replacements.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All of the stuff ordered (from Black Friday) fits and I really like most of it. That says a lot for clothes, since I don't really like clothes shopping. Returning 2 things, but already ordered their replacements...yesterday haha. To be fair, these are work clothes replacements.
Good to hear. It's nice to hear that your shopping went well.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Congrats! Please share your impressions of it. Why the S8, if I can ask? It's a nice phone but I'm just curious.
The Samsung was never in the picture and my mind was set on the iPhone X. But when i was playing around with the unit it was iOS all over again which to me offered nothing new and since CarPlay is useless in my country i lost interest. That's when i checked out the Samsung. Initially i wanted the Note 8 as my first, but i find it too big so i went for the S8. I find the unit good with one major gripe. I wanted something with ANT+ and MirrorLink so functionality is a win for me.

So, to the bright mind who decided to put the fingerprint sensor adjacent to the camera, you rock!

#Sarcasm

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Samsung was never in the picture and my mind was set on the iPhone X. But when i was playing around with the unit it was iOS all over again which to me offered nothing new and since CarPlay is useless in my country i lost interest. That's when i checked out the Samsung. Initially i wanted the Note 8 as my first, but i find it too big so i went for the S8. I find the unit good with one major gripe. I wanted something with ANT+ and MirrorLink so functionality is a win for me.

So, to the bright mind who decided to put the fingerprint sensor adjacent to the camera, you rock!

#Sarcasm

Ooh okay, I can understand that. That's true about iOS in this case with X. I'm glad that what you needed to have worked out for you. I can agree with the placement of the sensor, hopefully that would be better in the next generation.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

#Sarcasm
I know the name of the engineers who did this...

...Tim Cook and Johnny Ive...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss