WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll have to flip a couple even if I don't dislike them

I honestly think iPhone won't appeal to you. It wouldn't to me. I welcome radical design changes, but it's simply a beta version of something that needs time to mature. FaceID isn't that perfect as I've seen from reviewers. Ditching the fingerprint reader was a dumb move for me, cause FaceID isn't secure as the previous mentioned.

And I don't know about Essential, unless the camera issues are fixed, I see it getting flipped too.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Took the seldom trodden path towards the waterfall.

O1krHsc.jpg

Clear running stream right out of the jungle
(local recreational park)
zP6sfUm.jpg

... !

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Pixel won't go, I'm sure about that. I have a feeling you'll sell the iPhone before others.
You're right about the Pixel.
iPhone might not go because I heard the wife grumbling about a new phone.
I finally like an Apple device hardware wise. If I keep it, it will be for the wife. iOS still has some pretty severe limitations for my daily use.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I honestly think iPhone won't appeal to you. It wouldn't to me. I welcome radical design changes, but it's simply a beta version of something that needs time to mature. FaceID isn't that perfect as I've seen from reviewers. Ditching the fingerprint reader was a dumb move for me, cause FaceID isn't secure as the previous mentioned.

And I don't know about Essential, unless the camera issues are fixed, I see it getting flipped too.
Actually FaceID is fine.
They should have still kept TouchID though.
Gestures are fine as well.
What is non intuitive is what to do when an app freezes as swiping up to go home even doesn't happen and restarting a device is now a multi step process.

Essential is a dark horse. The more I use it, the more I like it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Finally cashed in on some serious shut eye.
Still a bit groggy but I'm glad I slept like 10 hours plus straight.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Mi Note 2's updated to the November security patch. The phone runs nicely. And it offers some nice versatility too.

I still would like something smaller. I still feel if I had a Mi 5 with the Mi Note 2's LTE bands as my daily driver, I'd have been good. I've enjoyed the phone though since I've gotten it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I'll go the snobbish route and get a pair of entry level truly wireless headphones. I'm sitting on $70 in gift cards, so that'll help.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think I'll go the snobbish route and get a pair of entry level truly wireless headphones. I'm sitting on $70 in gift cards, so that'll help.
I still use one pair with the dongle (CX-5) even though I have 2 pairs of BT headphones. One in ear (Mpow Seashell) and one over ear (Cowin E-7).

I like all three quite a bit.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Mi Note 2's updated to the November security patch. The phone runs nicely. And it offers some nice versatility too.

I still would like something smaller. I still feel if I had a Mi 5 with the Mi Note 2's LTE bands as my daily driver, I'd have been good. I've enjoyed the phone though since I've gotten it.

Very cool that it got that update! Your desire is understandable though, since most of your phones are on the bigger side.

You seem to really like it a lot, and it does sound like a solid phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Please share your thoughts on what you decide because I'll like to know. I don't have any but I know that I'll have to cave sometime.

Edit: Not an audiophile at all, I just like to listen to music and get decent battery life out of a pair so we might seek different things but I'm still interested.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Please share your thoughts on what you decide because I'll like to know. I don't have any but I know that I'll have to cave sometime.

Edit: Not an audiophile at all, I just like to listen to music and get decent battery life out of a pair so we might seek different things but I'm still interested.
Most likely the Jam Audio Transit ones for $99. I like my Sony's but the fit can be a bit annoying at times. Plus the Jam ones give 15 recharges per cycle in the case. It makes up for the shorter battery life.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Very cool that it got that update! Your desire is understandable though, since most of your phones are on the bigger side.

You seem to really like it a lot, and it does sound like a solid phone.
It's a good phone. I loved the Mi 5 more as it's a smaller version of this. We'll see what happens. The only two replacements would be Andy's phone and the V30 with the U11+ a very distant 3rd. I do like the look of the Mate 10 Pro, but I'll live vicariously through 99 with that stuff now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte