WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Most likely the Jam Audio Transit ones for $99. I like my Sony's but the fit can be a bit annoying at times. Plus the Jam ones give 15 recharges per cycle in the case. It makes up for the shorter battery life.
That's good to know about the recharges per cycle, I'll look into it. Thank you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's good to know about the recharges per cycle, I'll look into it. Thank you.
Remember, battery life for these currently are three hours. They're intended for bursty use. I'm only getting it because of the number of charges in the case.

Sony has a wonderful noise canceling model I like, but I'm not spending $200 on these type of headphones.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think I'll go the snobbish route and get a pair of entry level truly wireless headphones. I'm sitting on $70 in gift cards, so that'll help.
I got LG Tone Pro Bluetooth earbuds last year from a gift card I had. I still prefer my wired Klipsch earbuds and my Sony MDR-7506 headphones .

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

You're right about the Pixel.
iPhone might not go because I heard the wife grumbling about a new phone.
I finally like an Apple device hardware wise. If I keep it, it will be for the wife. iOS still has some pretty severe limitations for my daily use.

Well, I was still partially right. You are technically not going to use it yourself.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Actually FaceID is fine.
They should have still kept TouchID though.
Gestures are fine as well.
What is non intuitive is what to do when an app freezes as swiping up to go home even doesn't happen and restarting a device is now a multi step process.

Essential is a dark horse. The more I use it, the more I like it.

That's a surprise. Thought you wouldn't like it as much. Andy's phone didn't launch quite as good as expected. So the camera isn't as terrible as the initial reviews claimed it to be?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Looking at my purchase history, I just noticed that it has been almost a month since I tried the iPhone 8. I don't regret the trial at all but I can admit that I still have a strong interest in the possibility of the refreshed SE.

The A3 on 7.0 has been pretty good. I haven't had any real frustrations aside from a very often used app of mine freezing weekly (I either exit the app and try to go back in or just clear cache). In those moments, I miss the Pixel but not the form factor.

The refreshed SE has the possibility to have SE performance and of course, slightly improved cameras. I'm still down for that since performance on the 8 was great with apps. As for today, I don't mind hanging out with the A3 but in a future sense, I don't know if the Pixel might be better for me after all unless the refreshed SE drops.

My only concern is weak signal areas at school. I noticed at the open house I went to, classes are at the basement level of the building for my program. Hmm decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Remember, battery life for these currently are three hours. They're intended for bursty use. I'm only getting it because of the number of charges in the case.

Sony has a wonderful noise canceling model I like, but I'm not spending $200 on these type of headphones.
Ooh okay, thanks for that clarification. I actually didn't know that. Now I get why you say that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Too bad I haven't seen this post before. You were my first pick.
Give me more credit than that. I haven't bought Apple in years and don't intend to. I've made that very clear here.

I wish I had kept my unopened OG iPhone though. That's the only iPhone I've really enjoyed using.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, I was still partially right. You are technically not going to use it yourself.
Probably not. I did get an iPad though and I will use that because it's mostly for entertainment. No other apps so I don't care about notifications. Keyboard on iPad is vastly better than on the phone. And since I plan to install maybe 10 apps at the most the page customization won't bother me as much. So all in all it will be a better compromise for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the Google pop up in NYC. The Max isn't a bad speaker at all. Sound is solid. Not something I'd buy, but it's interesting nonetheless.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's a surprise. Thought you wouldn't like it as much. Andy's phone didn't launch quite as good as expected. So the camera isn't as terrible as the initial reviews claimed it to be?
They've pushed out about 3-4 updates to the camera and it seems to be performing quite well now. I haven't test driven it too much yet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Time for some Essential pictures.
Not bad at all.
c0f8f34e880dc6b0b633d3b4ede1122d.jpg
e33e1c0621fc6dd51cdac8b3098774cb.jpg
28c52a348be99b11e33ab063b1293d5b.jpg
b6dc2e07948e7c36f10b326cbd4309f8.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6