WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Essential did some work with the camera. What I'll criticize them for is that this is where the camera should have been at launch. If they'd started here and still pumped out updates...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Give me more credit than that. I haven't bought Apple in years and don't intend to. I've made that very clear here.

I wish I had kept my unopened OG iPhone though. That's the only iPhone I've really enjoyed using.

I meant the Essential, not the iPhone, I'm well aware of your position there.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They've pushed out about 3-4 updates to the camera and it seems to be performing quite well now. I haven't test driven it too much yet.

That's interesting. If I recall correctly, most of the reviews said that the updates are most likely going to be insufficient in fixing these problems. As there were issues in the hardware department.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm loving the bokeh on the first picture. They done did good.
Yup. They say between 1 to 6 feet for a good portrait shot. Seems like 1 feet for small objects, probably further away for people. Will try it out on my kid later in the day.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Okay, what is this, it looks so delicious.
It's a place in Chico,ca called teriyaki house. What I ordered and always tell people to try is the chicken bowl. It has freshly grilled chicken on top of crisp cabbage with some carrots and broccoli with freshly cooked white rice for all for 5.50$

Sent from mTalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay, couple of more updates on the Essential phone. Audio output quality via dongle is pretty good. However the volume setting has to be a bit higher than on the Pixel 2. The built in speaker is pretty loud as well. Call clarity is good.

More as I play with the phone some more.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's a place in Chico,ca called teriyaki house. What I ordered and always tell people to try is the chicken bowl. It has freshly grilled chicken on top of crisp cabbage with some carrots and broccoli with freshly cooked white rice for all for 5.50$

Sent from mTalk
That's reasonably priced. Man stuff is quite expensive here in the LA area.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Got the backpack I have been waiting all week for and it's a tight fit for my laptop . Considering the price, I have to send it back and pay for return shipping. Welp.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sent from mTalk
The better question is: can you cook?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

How much more expensive? I knew life in LA is bit more pricy compared to those of us in northern Cali.

Sent from mTalk using my Lumia 950
Probably the same thing would be about $8.95 or so. And if it is a sit down place then tip on top of that.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's interesting. If I recall correctly, most of the reviews said that the updates are most likely going to be insufficient in fixing these problems. As there were issues in the hardware department.
Only hardware issues of note were the earpiece speaker grills on the early batches being dust magnets and easy to damage...

...the only funny design decision was putting the SIM tray near the mic at the bottom, some people were poking the mic incorrectly to open the SIM tray. This was more common on the black model.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had a friend who moved out to California for a year move back. They (he and his wife) liked it out there...except that he hated the job and it was very hard to rebuild their social network. It's a tough situation to be in...but they seem happier having come back to the Northeast. Not sure how you guys live out there in CA, but hey...not everywhere fits for everyone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786