WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Low light shots on the Essential phone.
927ea2f5005310e5ed39151fc5daf837.jpg
e284e47a88dff2eac3ff46b513adeda7.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most cameras on phones are so-so in low light...there are different levels of low light and people sometimes have different expectations of great performance across the different low light scenarios...

...I'm fine with the shots 99 has posted of Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 shots in some cases are better, but depending on the level of low light - not by much.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Most cameras on phones are so-so in low light...there are different levels of low light and people sometimes have different expectations of great performance across the different low light scenarios...

...I'm fine with the shots 99 has posted of Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 shots in some cases are better, but depending on the level of low light - not by much.

I agree. To me, they look better than what I saw in low light on the XZ1C I used to own...and that was said to have EIS. I'm just shocked that they aren't worse. Even the colors appear to be fine too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for sharing these! It's interesting to me that between the 2, the Essential is not so bad at all. Of course the Pixel is better, as we figured but I'm amazed that the Essential isn't a total wash.
Yup, I had the exact same thought running in my mind as I was comparing the pictures.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Google has found a nice balance on brightness of the scene and maintaining details. My biggest issue here is there is no manual mode for those wanting to tweak the settings to their own liking.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Google has found a nice balance on brightness of the scene and maintaining details. My biggest issue here is there is no manual mode for those wanting to tweak the settings to their own liking.
Yeah manual would be nice. But I guess that's why there are other apps. I am planning to use Open Camera with the Essential phone to see if I can coax a slightly better performance out of its camera hardware.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah manual would be nice. But I guess that's why there are other apps. I am planning to use Open Camera with the Essential phone to see if I can coax a slightly better performance out of its camera hardware.

Speaking of cameras, did you get to try out the Google Camera HDR+ app? Open Camera should be really interesting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Jeez that's a bit expensive. With that those prices i can go to red lobster or Olive Garden.

Sent from mTalk using my Lumia 950
There's two establishments I don't miss right there.

Olive Garden is about as close to Italian cooking as MIA is to buying an iFruit. They still go heavy on the sauces?

They went bankrupt in Canada. Not sure if they tried to reopen.

As for Red Lobster... I guess it's ok in a pinch if I had no other choice.

Both average American chain restaurants with the quality to match or how I remember them anyway.

Not sure if they've moved on or not. Haven't been to either in years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb