WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Since the Mi 5, my favorite feature on all phones I've used is the reading mode/blue light filter.

Mi 5, Mi Note 2, LG V20, and even the 950XL. I say this to state Andy's phone doesn't have this feature currently. It is stated it'll get there for 8.0, and when it does, Andy's phone will be my daily driver. Until then, I'm sticking with the Mi Note 2.
Even the work phone has it and it makes using that device much easier on the eyes. My tablet doesn't and even with a darker background and the brightness on 0, it's a pain to use for extended periods.

That's why I value that feature a lot.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Since the Mi 5, my favorite feature on all phones I've used is the reading mode/blue light filter.

Mi 5, Mi Note 2, LG V20, and even the 950XL. I say this to state Andy's phone doesn't have this feature currently. It is stated it'll get there for 8.0, and when it does, Andy's phone will be my daily driver. Until then, I'm sticking with the Mi Note 2.

I think this is a great plan. It also sounds like this feature is a really important one to you so you're good at holding out. I mean, you're already pretty strong at doing so but this is just another way to add to it.

On the flip side, you have Scienceguy Labs available to test it when it drops. I would say 99 too but I don't know if he'll keep the Essential Phone that long.

Since you mentioned the Mi Note 2, I forgot to ask if you have had any progress with the wired headphones situation?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think this is a great plan. It also sounds like this feature is a really important one to you so you're good at holding out. I mean, you're already pretty strong at doing so but this is just another way to add to it.

On the flip side, you have Scienceguy Labs available to test it when it drops. I would say 99 too but I don't know if he'll keep the Essential Phone that long.

Since you mentioned the Mi Note 2, I forgot to ask if you have had any progress with the wired headphones situation?
Oh, I've got access to an Andy's phone already. I can sideload 8.0 beta but I don't want to. So it will sit and wait.

It feels exactly as I thought it would and itsnt much bigger than my work phone either. It's currently running on the December patch too. So I have no problem of keeping it in the drawer until I get 8.0 OTA.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, the update to MIUI 9 looks like it solved that problem...thought I mentioned this a while back. It's aging pretty well and I can use USB-C headphones, Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones without issues on it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Oh, the update to MIUI 9 looks like it solved that problem...thought I mentioned this a while back. It's aging pretty well and I can use USB-C headphones, Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones without issues on it.

Sweet! I remembered you saying that you'll test it soon and report back but I couldn't recall if you tested it or not.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Oh, I've got access to an Andy's phone already. I can sideload 8.0 beta but I don't want to. So it will sit and wait.

It feels exactly as I thought it would and itsnt much bigger than my work phone either. It's currently running on the December patch too. So I have no problem of keeping it in the drawer until I get 8.0 OTA.

Ooh I had no idea. In that case, you really need an award for willpower for being able to hold out. I wanna be like you when it comes to resistance...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh I had no idea. In that case, you really need an award for willpower for being able to hold out. I wanna be like you when it comes to resistance...
No awards needed. I have the choice of continuing to use a fine device so I don't have to rush.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sweet! I remembered you saying that you'll test it soon and report back but I couldn't recall if you tested it or not.
Yup, it works flawlessly now. I do like my Mi Note 2, although on a hardware level I'd replace it with a V30 easily.

LG software wise just isn't updating their unlocked models like they used to. It's sad, really as I do love that V30 in blue or violet.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I'm going to claim today as a month of using the A3 since flashing it to 7.0. I might not be bothered to mention it on the actual day (Tuesday). My verdict is that it's decent. Scrolling feels slower in the app list but not painfully so. 2 of my most used apps freeze way more often than I would like. I even get the occasional "x has stopped". Battery life is still very good.

As for what that means, I still don't know. Isn't that weird? When the apps freeze, I really miss the Pixel and I'll like to have it. Clearing cache for those 2 apps is a pain but the battery life is so good. The idea of switching back to the Pixel would be nice for me to get away from the freezing. I'm a little nervous about 8.1 but I'll be open to trying it on my Pixel. The idea of using the SE is also rolling in my head as a temporary solution but what stops me is the front facing camera lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm going to claim today as a month of using the A3 since flashing it to 7.0. I might not be bothered to mention it on the actual day (Tuesday). My verdict is that it's decent. Scrolling feels slower in the app list but not painfully so. 2 of my most used apps freeze way more often than I would like. I even get the occasional "x has stopped". Battery life is still very good.

As for what that means, I still don't know. Isn't that weird? When the apps freeze, I really miss the Pixel and I'll like to have it. Clearing cache for those 2 apps is a pain but the battery life is so good. The idea of switching back to the Pixel would be nice for me to get away from the freezing. I'm a little nervous about 8.1 but I'll be open to trying it on my Pixel. The idea of using the SE is also rolling in my head as a temporary solution but what stops me is the front facing camera lol.
Good luck figuring this out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So both the Huawei watch and Moto 360 42mm have hit EOL. They're set to remain on nougat but still be eligible for Android wear app updates. Kinda sucks, as I like them both - I've owned them for 1 year and 6 months respectively. I'm not surprised Moto abandoned the 360 sport, as it'll be 2 years old come next month.

Those are the breaks. I still have a ton of gripes with AW and I honestly don't think Google has a clue what to do with it. We will see what happens come next year.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck figuring this out.

Thanks. These are my only options, can't afford to try other phones for a bit because my school fees are calling my name haha. Not due yet but will be in a month's time essentially.

Hopefully I'll figure it out. Maybe another list is in order.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! These are my only options, can't afford to try other phones for a bit because my fees are calling my name haha...
Sometimes, I wouldn't mind having an OG Pixel. But I remember Google giving the software support length wise I want to the Pixel 2, so I skipped getting one.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So both the Huawei watch and Moto 360 42mm have hit EOL. They're set to remain on nougat but still be eligible for Android wear app updates. Kinda sucks, as I like them both - I've owned them for 1 year and 6 months respectively. I'm not surprised Moto abandoned the 360 sport, as it'll be 2 years old come next month.

Those are the breaks. I still have a ton of gripes with AW and I honestly don't think Google has a clue what to do with it. We will see what happens come next year.

That does suck :/ Is it sad to say that I'm not sure if 2 years is a long time for support? You did get some time with both. Sounds like you have some things to think about when it comes to those 2 watches next year.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

One of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen! Taken at 70mph on I-10 West using the Pixel 2.
ef24f1348eae555a2f8ac9675972a3a1.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes, I wouldn't mind having an OG Pixel. But I remember Google giving the software support length wise I want to the Pixel 2, so I skipped getting one.

That's understandable. That support is part of the reason why I pulled the trigger on doing the trade-in to get one after the announcement.

I would say that trying to do the trade-in route again has crossed my mind but I can see myself regretting the height and I'll have to wait if I wanted to cave (which might not be a good idea anyway considering recent rumors of the SE 2 coming to fruition).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's understandable. That support is part of the reason why I pulled the trigger on doing the trade-in to get one after the announcement.

I would say that trying to do the trade-in route again has crossed my mind but I can see myself regretting the height and I'll have to wait if I wanted to cave (which might not be a good idea anyway considering recent rumors of the SE 2 coming to fruition).
SE2 = 6.1" LCD iPhone with a Notch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077