WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't have a good response to your point. If they do, that's really disappointing because Shazam is so good and is a small part of the reason why I can deal with Android. Song ID is important to me, and it's the only app I know of that doesn't have to live on the home screen to identify songs.
I use Google to identify songs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Beautiful weather here today. A break from the wind and rain. Which apparently return tomorrow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm most curious about the DAC on the V30 Vs that on the V20. I love the DAC on the V20, since it drives my headphones better than using a standalone FiiO Q1 DAC and a USB adapter with other devices.
My suspicion is the DAC on the V30 is better, but more of a sort step up rather than something that blows the V20 (and Axon 7) out of the water.

People are likely to pick a V30 because of the water resistance, design and camera improvements. People who like the IR blaster, removable battery and current price are likely to stick with the V20.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The DAC on the V30 is awesome! Worth the price of admission. I think the Essential phone might have to go. Software updates are best on the Pixel. Camera is awesome on the Pixel. I can use the V30 for media consumption especially with this awesome DAC.
Well, that escalated quickly. Never thought Andy's phone would stick around long, but man...that was fast...

I do agree though. In my case, I'd get a V30 for the same reason as I got a V20 - multimedia experience is superb.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck. I hope you'll be able to get better spectacles elsewhere.

Thank you Laura. I hope so too.
The level of anxiety (I think this is the right word, but it feels like it's underlying; I was half awake, half asleep over this :( ) I feel about this sucks.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My coworker made me laugh, hoping to find more things that would ease it a bit. Idealistically for the rest of the day haha.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, that escalated quickly. Never thought Andy's phone would stick around long, but man...that was fast...

I do agree though. In my case, I'd get a V30 for the same reason as I got a V20 - multimedia experience is superb.

I agree that it was really fast. I'm surprised. It feels like it's been about a week?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm most curious about the DAC on the V30 Vs that on the V20. I love the DAC on the V20, since it drives my headphones better than using a standalone FiiO Q1 DAC and a USB adapter with other devices.
I will try to go by memory and see how equal or different they are Laura.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

How good is Google at ID?

Shazam has issues with more obscure stuff but sometimes surprised that it know a certain song when I'm not expecting it to.
Google is slower than Shazam at obscure stuff. There is some stuff that both of them fail at though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thank you Laura. I hope so too.
The level of anxiety (I think this is the right word, but it feels like it's underlying; I was half awake, half asleep over this :( ) I feel about this sucks.
I had a frame break in the mid 2000s decade. Went to a Titanium frame since. I still have one that's 9+ years old and works well, of course with an updated prescription.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Essential is/was a nice device. I listen to music a lot in the car with my kid, it's something that's important to me. There's no contest with the V30, everything else sounds drab.

And since I parked a lot of money in the devices last month, it's time to cash out the chips.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I had a frame break in the mid 2000s decade. Went to a Titanium frame since. I still have one that's 9+ years old and works well, of course with an updated prescription.

Ooh that's smart. I like the look of some of them, but my prescription isn't light enough to pull those off lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ooh that's smart. I like the look of some of them, but my prescription isn't light enough to pull those off lol.
My prescription is pretty gnarly too and these handle it well. But I pay smartphone prices just for the lenses. Last pair cost like Andy's phone on Black Friday for lenses alone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Essential is/was a nice device. I listen to music a lot in the car with my kid, it's something that's important to me. There's no contest with the V30, everything else sounds drab.

And since I parked a lot of money in the devices last month, it's time to cash out the chips.

Gotcha, as you have to do what makes sense for you. I bet your Essential will go fast though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss