WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well that was fast. Sold one iPhone X case and a tablet on eBay. Hopefully it will help offset the losses on some of the other devices.

I also traded in my iPad 2 to Apple. I am almost done setting up the iPad Pro and plan to use it with a keyboard within a day or two.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm thinking of selling my Pixel and just not installing the update at all. I'll rather leave it to the buyer to decide if they want to or not. Not 100% sure on this, but I don't like not having the possibility to roll back in case calls sound weird (which I have heard about).

Edit: Looking at Swappa prices, it looks like it would be better for me to do the trade-in route to get the Pixel 2. The value seems to have really tanked and I'll have to debate if I want the lesser cash (to not buy anything...yet). For my own good, I should probably just take the cash.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Typing this on the iPad Pro with a Logitech BT keyboard. I can get used to this. Also no snooping by work when I spend time on forums.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am going to listen to the same track on the Pixel 2, Essential and V30 using the same headphones. For Pixel 2 and Essential I will use the OEM dongles and V30 I don't need a dongle. Oddly enough I left my really nice headphones home.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Essential is/was a nice device. I listen to music a lot in the car with my kid, it's something that's important to me. There's no contest with the V30, everything else sounds drab.

And since I parked a lot of money in the devices last month, it's time to cash out the chips.
Understood. Good luck with that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm most curious about the DAC on the V30 Vs that on the V20. I love the DAC on the V20, since it drives my headphones better than using a standalone FiiO Q1 DAC and a USB adapter with other devices.

Okay so I did a bit of digging around. V20 DAC is slightly worse than the V30. Mostly it takes care of some distortion and offers a range of equalizers. I wouldn't say that you are missing out a lot though. The V20 DAC is still ahead of a lot of other devices. I do want to compare the sound output from the iPhone X as for some reason Apple audio output isn't shabby usually. I will do that later since I don't have the iPhone dongle handy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Work iPhone met NYC concrete just now - from the holster no less. Case and tempered glass took one for the team, especially the tempered glass.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Work iPhone met NYC concrete just now - from the holster no less. Case and tempered glass took one for the team, especially the tempered glass.

Damn, I hope the rest of the phone is fine. Hopefully, those two items are a relatively cheap fix compared to the device itself.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay, so here is a short audio output comparison from the Essential (with it's dongle), Pixel 2 (with the Google dongle) and LG V30 (headphone jack). I used my Sennheiser HD202 headphones for the comparison test.

I listened to Who can it be now from Men at Work since it has a great saxophone sound in it that can get distorted easily.

3. Essential - decent sound but a bit flat, output is low and volume needs to be cranked up a bit.
2. Pixel 2 - Sounds better than Essential even at lower volume setting.
1. LG V30 - Sounds so much clearer, you can feel the fidelity in the overall sound, clarity in the vocals and just the right amount of bass.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Okay, so here is a short audio output comparison from the Essential (with it's dongle), Pixel 2 (with the Google dongle) and LG V30 (headphone jack). I used my Sennheiser HD202 headphones for the comparison test.

I listened to Who can it be now from Men at Work since it has a great saxophone sound in it that can get distorted easily.

3. Essential - decent sound but a bit flat, output is low and volume needs to be cranked up a bit.
2. Pixel 2 - Sounds better than Essential even at lower volume setting.
1. LG V30 - Sounds so much clearer, you can feel the fidelity in the overall sound, clarity in the vocals and just the right amount of bass.
Wish you had a USB-C headphones to test here so you could talk about the audio difference that way vs the dongle....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I was scared for you. Phew.
d0b131b44d94db2e3794bf09a25285b2.jpg
484057a21dc0ff621da228060f5936a2.jpg

Visuals. Case is OK, phone is OK. Screen protector is screwed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Only reasonably cheap ones are Xiaomi via Gearbest and slow boat from China.

I think #donglelife it is.
I respectfully disagree. I've got a pair for under $10 I'm using for the past few months. The sound is OK - wired headphones via 3.5mm sound a little better - but I guess since your ears are better than mine, I wanted to hear your feedback. (I know they're not available but the black ones are more the same price as the Xiaomi - the frist gen Xiaomis, that is)

ZINSOKO Type-C Ceramic Corded Earphones with CLDA Hi-Fi Stereo Sound, Ergonomic In-Ear Design, Passive Noise-Isolation for Smartphones, Tablets, Notebooks (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1678P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3724050

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I respectfully disagree. I've got a pair for under $10 I'm using for the past few months. The sound is OK - wired headphones via 3.5mm sound a little better - but I guess since your ears are better than mine, I wanted to hear your feedback. (I know they're not available but the black ones are more the same price as the Xiaomi - the frist gen Xiaomis, that is)

ZINSOKO Type-C Ceramic Corded Earphones with CLDA Hi-Fi Stereo Sound, Ergonomic In-Ear Design, Passive Noise-Isolation for Smartphones, Tablets, Notebooks (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1678P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3724060

These one's are not available on Amazon anymore.
Also since I started using the Sennheiser and then the CX-5 and occasionally the Bose SoundLink headphones, I don't like the simple in ear ones. The in ear ones that I like are Audio Technica and even those are not USB-C. But I will try and get a pair to try out probably sooner than later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion