WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I finally caved in and slapped Nova Launcher on my V30.
Final product resembles my old Pixel. Like it a lot.
Now only if I can figure out the app scaling. Google scales the apps really well on the 5" Pixel. Right now I cannot see any difference on the V30 and the Pixel 2 in terms of content available for viewing even though the former has a screen that is 6" in size!

Update: I did figure out the scaling, what a weird setting LG created for that. Anyway now I am set.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I just checked the date and I realized that I did both things successfully. I was also able to avoid all tech sites (only visited the forums of AC and WC) and most tech YouTubers for an entire month. My only exceptions were Krystal Lora (formerly Krystal Key) and MrMobile. I was also able to use 1 phone for a month too (noticed this the time this ended a week ago but I figured that I would throw it in there).

MIA was right, I was able to do this after all. I slipped one day earlier this week to leave a comment on a non-phone article (it was more so for an app) but eh.

I missed my tech YouTubers (and the sites) but in this period, I have realized that I watch too many. It is possible to do that for someone like me haha.

If only I can figure out how to do a similar thing in other areas of my life...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I guess I'm doing posts in a row again.

Anyway, talking to my friend who also has the SE the other day (we both got ours in the same month in 2016) about how the phone has been for her and how she still loves it after all of this time was interesting to me for reasons some of you may guess already. Of course, I was glad to hear that it's been good for her but aside from that, it had me thinking about contentment.

The same day, we went over to our friend's place who had her 6s stolen and just went back to her 5 (not sure if it's the 5 or 5s actually) years ago and she seems to be still be good with it. I'm sure she has had many chances to upgrade but chose not to.

How's it like to be content with a device for so long? I think I actually forgot.

(In the time of my SE ownership, it's always been reliable as a fallback but at the same time, half of the time, I was waiting for the next thing to try xd)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just checked the date and I realized that I did both things successfully. I was also able to avoid all tech sites (only visited the forums of AC and WC) and most tech YouTubers for an entire month. My only exceptions were Krystal Lora (formerly Krystal Key) and MrMobile. I was also able to use 1 phone for a month too (noticed this the time this ended a week ago but I figured that I would throw it in there).

MIA was right, I was able to do this after all. I slipped one day earlier this week to leave a comment on a non-phone article (it was more so for an app) but eh.

I missed my tech YouTubers (and the sites) but in this period, I have realized that I watch too many. It is possible to do that for someone like me haha.

If only I can figure out how to do a similar thing in other areas of my life...
Just follow the same blueprint you did for tech in the other life areas you want to use it in...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Some interesting looking clouds rolling in today evening. No rain though and the Santa Ana winds are still going bonkers.
c49fe03327f64b90f5d2055e27657f6a.jpg
f4c73a0b1648c795ef169ebe80afddd3.jpg
d359144984acf89f1123101d1f7301c2.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I got a new toy! Check out this thread: https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=450070&p=3725396&viewfull=1#post3725396

I had a hornet in my apartment last Friday, despite the cold weather. Hornet is dead, since I hit it with a towel I snapped, like done in high school gym class. However, said hornet was on the screen of my old Asus laptop. Screen was collateral damage and shattered. It wasn't worthwhile for me to buy a screen for a 4 year-old machine, so this new computer is what I ordered.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I got a new toy! Check out this thread: https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=450070&p=3725396&viewfull=1#post3725396

I had a hornet in my apartment last Friday, despite the cold weather. Hornet is dead, since I hit it with a towel I snapped, like done in high school gym class. However, said hornet was on the screen of my old Asus laptop. Screen was collateral damage and shattered. It wasn't worthwhile for me to buy a screen for a 4 year-old machine, so this new computer is what I ordered.
Ooh please let us know how you like it!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You'll find your way through. We all in these parts have confidence in you.

Thank you.

Of course it will be an adjustment but I think the part that is probably scary to my subconscious is that SO many are hoping for me to do this successfully. My mom literally told me that she doesn't want a Christmas present because she got one from me by going to grad school. The lady that essentially started my career is super excited and pulling for me, and my boss too.

I have also had previous school struggles too and that is rolling in as well. My subconscious is having a time. I remember being in my last semester near the end and I was having recurring nightmares that I failed...even though that wasn't possible technically since I had great grades at midterm but you're right, I can do it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Last day of work before January 2, 2018.
Excited. Instead of stressing out, I'll just bring my work laptop home.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank you.

Of course it will be an adjustment but I think the part that is probably scary to my subconscious is that SO many are hoping for me to do this successfully. My mom literally told me that she doesn't want a Christmas present because she got one from me by going to grad school. The lady that essentially started my career is super excited and pulling for me, and my boss too.

I have also had previous school struggles too and that is rolling in as well. My subconscious is having a time. I remember being in my last semester near the end and I was having recurring nightmares that I failed...even though that wasn't possible technically since I had great grades at midterm but you're right, I can do it.
I may encourage you find your own space to process previous school struggles. I'm not suggesting therapy, but some sort of therapeutic space (therapy/mentor/religious elder, etc) may be helpful.

Graduate school is stressful on its own, so managing other stressors makes a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99