WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hi Larue, thanks for your detailed reply as per usual! Funnily enough that was the specific skate I'd looked into. I've found out that there is an ice rink about 20 mins away and I can get into it for £5, as well as having a shop there (the biggest in the UK) specifically tailored to Bauer. I was thinking I'd go over there and try a few on in the shop and go from there.

I don't mind spending a bit in order to be able to use my own skates for years to come that fit well and don't hurt my feet like the rental ones do.
The mistake a lot of people make with skates is that they want to wear them like shoes. It's not the same at all. You want a snug fit and tight. Of course you don't want them really tight that you can't wiggle your toes.

Tight skates means better skating. You'll never see a hockey player with lose skates and dangling laces.

Also sharp. Never skate with dull skates!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It should be fine. I'm not too stressed about it, really. Just want to see how the audio hold up mostly.

I can get that. I mean like if the lack of the jack becomes really annoying, and how battery life is for you and of course anything else.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can get that. I mean like if the lack of the jack becomes really annoying, and how battery life is for you and of course anything else.
If the headphones I've ordered are decent enough and can migate the lack of a jack, then I should be ok. With the current USB-C headphones I have, the audio was ok. Nothing's going to beat the V series audio output wise, really. I just need something tolerable from Andy's phone for now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a related note, it's been a week with the Pixel 2. My first impressions of it being fast and with great cameras still stand.

Otherwise:
-Even though the speakers are front facing, they still seem to be quiet. I guess I have adjusted to the size, or maybe not since it has been dropped 2 times (fortunately, I have a case and screen protector so no stupid scuffs).
-The phone is still big to me, even though the bezels help me to use it one handed.
-Missing that silent mode. Disappointed that DND doesn't allow calendar events to break through by default. It took it turning off the mode to be reminded of the event, which I don't like.
-Did I say that I really like the blue color? Because I really do lol.
-Battery life has really only been better by one hour (both in screen on time and time since last full charge) over the OG Pixel.

It's a really good phone, but I can really see the size getting to me after a while since it only fits one of my jean pockets (that pair has really generous ones) and barely squeezes into the work ones, unless it's pretty deep. Purse phones are hard for me to like long term, i.e. the Honor 8. I have noted the missing headphone jack but I haven't had a situation where I wish I had one yet. I don't mind hanging out with it.

I would still take SE 2 over the Pixel 2, but come on, you saw this coming from me...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If the headphones I've ordered are decent enough and can migate the lack of a jack, then I should be ok. With the current USB-C headphones I have, the audio was ok. Nothing's going to beat the V series audio output wise, really. I just need something tolerable from Andy's phone for now.

Gotcha.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Happy holidays to all! May it be filled with those you hold dear and be a positive mix of new and old memories worth cherishing.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Merry Christmas everyone from America's National Christmas tree!

This is the Grant Sequoia tree in Kings Canyon National Park.

P.S. More pictures later.
76827b80dd4f8c9b689e2ca8e2eb9a24.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Long day. Left home just before 5AM and just got back, it's 9:30PM.

A couple of decent hikes in Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks.

An absolutely wonderful sunset to end a great day.
9b815379288fbfd12d4bef0415b37f8b.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The largest living organism on the planet is the General Sherman tree in Sequoia National Park. Here's a vertical panorama courtesy of Pixel 2.
f1c2d2d09f44c640d48fc6e62d427105.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm pumped up to go visit Death Valley National Park on Wednesday. Oh and the Pixel keeps up with the SLR.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

99, as much as you like the Pixel 2, I wonder what the V30's wide angle lens would do in a landscape such as these parks you're in...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers