WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Does anybody know anything about the quick charging bricks? I'm the person who usually charges their phone overnight. But I'm worried that doing that with the quick chargers might hurt long-term battery life. Should I just use an older charger or do the quick chargers know when to stop charging?
Thanks

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Does anybody know anything about the quick charging bricks? I'm the person who usually charges their phone overnight. But I'm worried that doing that with the quick chargers might hurt long-term battery life. Should I just use an older charger or do the quick chargers know when to stop charging?
Thanks

In my experience, they know when to stop charging so you should be just fine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far...battery life on Andy's phone seems middling. Perhaps I'll uninstall one or two apps I have on there to see if that improves things, as it is too early to really tell.

Screen is really nice though, although I think I need to change get screen protector and case combo as it's trapping too much lint. I'm very curious to see about the new USB-C headphones I ordered...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

So far...battery life on Andy's phone seems middling. Perhaps I'll uninstall one or two apps I have on there to see if that improves things, as it is too early to really tell.

Screen is really nice though, although I think I need to change get screen protector and case combo as it's trapping too much lint. I'm very curious to see about the new USB-C headphones I ordered...
Man, I hate to hear that you're getting bad battery life. From what I've been reading here, I'm getting the impression that you're not liking Andy's phone too much. Sorry to hear that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man, I hate to hear that you're getting bad battery life. From what I've been reading here, I'm getting the impression that you're not liking Andy's phone too much. Sorry to hear that.
Contrary to that, I do like Andy's phone so far. Screen is nice, weight in hand is good, performance is generally acceptable speed wise, very compact for my needs, and the bare bones aspect for me isn't a bad thing - it just means I've got less cruft on board.

I am one of the few people who may prefer their camera app over the Pixel's.

The things that bug me are the lack of headphone jack which shoves Bluetooth headphones or dongles down your throat. Not so sure about the battery life yet and there are times it doesn't feel as quick as it did in the store.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Contrary to that, I do like Andy's phone so far. Screen is nice, weight in hand is good, performance is generally acceptable speed wise, very compact for my needs, and the bare bones aspect for me isn't a bad thing - it just means I've got less cruft on board.

I am one of the few people who may prefer their camera app over the Pixel's.

The things that bug me are the lack of headphone jack which shoves Bluetooth headphones or dongles down your throat. Not so sure about the battery life yet and there are times it doesn't feel as quick as it did in the store.
Ok. I'm glad it was a misunderstanding then. I too think it's a really good phone. It's the first smaller sized phone that I've used that made me realize that I could get by using a phone with a screen that was less than 6 inches or more. I also really like the screen on/off sounds. 😁 Glad you are digging the phone though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ok. I'm glad it was a misunderstanding then. I too think it's a really good phone. It's the first smaller sized phone that I've used that made me realize that I could get by using a phone with a screen that was less than 6 inches or more. I also really like the screen on/off sounds. Glad you are digging the phone though.
It's ok. A DAC with a 3.5mm jack and better cameras would make the experience even better, but I knew that these weren't an option going in. I suppose if I had a V30 to compliment it right now I'd feel better, but realistically, the tablet gets the most use so I suppose juggling two phones isn't that helpful...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay, today was exactly a 17 hour day with over 500 miles of driving. So I will just leave these pictures here. More stuff in a day or two.
7fb30bf17dbfe76d6a434455880073ff.jpg
8a0ef512eb626f706bc3256bdfd2e8f9.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's a cold week here. I need to be in bed under the thickest of covers, getting the deepest of sleep...but I'm up and about...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the screen on Andy's phone. I'll enjoy it better when the blue light filter is activated...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Installed 8 on the Sony XZ.

Hopefully it's more stable than what my wife has had to put up with.

She's not happy...

I have seen some issues while searching before installing. Apparently there are some improvements though.

I'll see how it goes...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Installed 8 on the Sony XZ.

Hopefully it's more stable than what my wife has had to put up with.

She's not happy...

I have seen some issues while searching before installing. Apparently there are some improvements though.

I'll see how it goes...

Please keep us posted. I'm curious, what issues is she having? The XZ1 Compact launched with Oreo already so I'm surprised to hear that she is having issues with it. Unless you mean another phone, of course.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Please keep us posted. I'm curious, what issues is she having? The XZ1 Compact launched with Oreo already so I'm surprised to hear that she is having issues with it. Unless you mean another phone, of course.
No it's the XZ1 compact. She's got freezing and restarting. Seems mostly attached to audio things on her phone.

Like taking on the phone...

I've heard with my phone that some apps crash, Bluetooth...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb