WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The SE I have now could certainly last another year or 2. I’m just hoping they keep making smaller devices for people, like myself, who don’t like carrying around the larger ones. I hope other smartphone makers do the same.
Happy new year.
Yeah the Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact is a rare but great example of this. That phone was so close for me but the camera still isn't there for me in point and shoot low light situations.

I hope they will make another.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I tried La Croix for the first time last night...and I didn't get the hype. It's not for me. Never again unless it's the only form of "water".

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Your SE has 6s hardware. It should still be fine. Just get a new battery, lol!

That's true. After trying the 8, I didn't think it was $350 better than the SE (so I get where the guy is coming from). According to an app called Battery Life, my SE has 99% which is impressive for how long I have had it. My battery is just fine.

Honestly, I really want a SE 2 just for the improved front camera essentially. That's been enough for me to change phones the way that I have haha.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true. After trying the 8, I didn't think it was $350 better than the SE (so I get where the guy is coming from). According to an app called Battery Life, my SE has 99% which is impressive for how long I have had it. My battery is just fine.

Honestly, I really want a SE 2 just for the improved front camera essentially. That's been enough for me to change phones the way that I have haha.
Good luck with that. I just want a decent pair of USB-C headphones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do think that I like the monochrome approach to the dual camera setup as much as the wide angle...it's nice to have two phones with both to dance back and forth...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I thought about the Nokia 8. And then passed, for some reason. Not sure why...

I think I have an idea why. The idea of it is interesting for sure but it doesn't have anything that makes it unique. The "Bothie" (spelling probably?) thing is something but aside from that, what does it really have?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck with that. I just want a decent pair of USB-C headphones.

Thanks. I get that, that will be your thing until you get something that nails it (if not almost perfectly, it does a very good job).

My thing is having a smaller phone with solid cameras on both sides and good performance. I don't mind waiting for it, it's only rumored to be 2 months away. The Pixel 2 is really nice in the meanwhile, even though it fails the height thing lol.

To be fair, the height thing is OK to deal with because I have only had it for 1 work week. After this week, we'll see how fast it gets to me xd

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I have an idea why. The idea of it is interesting for sure but it doesn't have anything that makes it unique. The "Bothie" (spelling probably?) thing is something but aside from that, what does it really have?
If it was a little more compact, or I was back in my older days...sure. It bests Andy's phone with a headphone jack and a brighter screen and a better camera and microSD support...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If it was a little more compact, or I was back in my older days...sure. It bests Andy's phone with a headphone jack and a brighter screen and a better camera and microSD support...

Considering that you listed various things, it sounds like it could have been worth a try for you if it was smaller. I could relate to that. I would have liked to try it too if it was much shorter.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

(This is probably going to be a bit of a word vomit. You're welcome to read and/or reply if you'll like.)

Had an interesting conversation the other day with my friend, his GF, and mutual friends that are a couple about why don't I want to consider dating our mutual friend. They were being persistent about a real reason why, and kind of refused to accept my reasons before I got to the point about having some things that are nonnegotiable.

I have mentioned it before but the kid thing is what got them to let it rest, since that is understandable. (My friend, the one with the mentioned gf "forgot" that I feel the way I do about the kid thing.) Talking to my sister about it (the conversation), she said that they probably want to see me even happier so that is why they were being that way.

I guess but sometimes you don't want certain things at certain times. I'm starting this journey as a part time grad student, along with a full time job. I'll like to adjust and see how this goes first for me, just by myself. When you have to consider another person, it becomes a challenge (which means even less time). I don't think I would be opposed if it was to happen (I mean me meeting someone I might be interested in) while I'm going through this process but not in the first semester or idealistically the first year.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Everyone keeps counting down days until classes start. I am counting down myself but also trying to enjoy the weeks I have.
When people do that, I push back with this in my mind (the enjoyment thing).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

OMG while I was typing up my long post, my Google trade-in was completed and I got more than I would have selling the OG Pixel! Seems like my crazy idea worked after all lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

OMG while I was typing up my long post, my Google trade-in was completed and I got more than I would have selling the OG Pixel! Seems like my crazy idea worked after all lol.

So when are you selling the really really tall Pixel 2??? :devil:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

(This is probably going to be a bit of a word vomit. You're welcome to read and/or reply if you'll like.)

Had an interesting conversation the other day with my friend, his GF, and mutual friends that are a couple about why don't I want to consider dating our mutual friend. They were being persistent about a real reason why, and kind of refused to accept my reasons before I got to the point about having some things that are nonnegotiable.

I have mentioned it before but the kid thing is what got them to let it rest, since that is understandable. (My friend, the one with the mentioned gf "forgot" that I feel the way I do about the kid thing.) Talking to my sister about it (the conversation), she said that they probably want to see me even happier so that is why they were being that way.

I guess but sometimes you don't want certain things at certain times. I'm starting this journey as a part time grad student, along with a full time job. I'll like to adjust and see how this goes first for me, just by myself. When you have to consider another person, it becomes a challenge (which means even less time). I don't think I would be opposed if it was to happen (I mean me meeting someone I might be interested in) while I'm going through this process but not in the first semester or idealistically the first year.
The easiest part about kids is making them...there's other stuff I can say, but I'm stuck at work.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The easiest part about kids is making them...there's other stuff I can say, but I'm stuck at work.

Actually sometimes even that is not as easy. I am talking about this from my own personal perspective. Took us a long time before we had our kid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb