WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The easiest part about kids is making them...there's other stuff I can say, but I'm stuck at work.

Ha. In my case, I don't want any and this friend (that the other people asked me why not him) that I mentioned has said that he wants them.

As you also are saying, you can't take back a kid. You try to and you're seen as scum. That's my kid thing. I don't like to waste my time or his time with someone who wants them. The clock that a lot of women experience about feeling like time is running out for them to have one, is not something I have experienced and I'm at the age where this starts for most of them.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So when are you selling the really really tall Pixel 2???
Haha. I'm still within the return period (the holiday return period is great) so I'll probably do that after my credit hits my CC.

Depends how long that takes. As of now, it's looking like I have 2 weeks to start a return.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually sometimes even that is not as easy. I am talking about this from my own personal perspective. Took us a long time before we had our kid.
It's easy making a kid - unprotected sex. There may be timing and other hurdles, but it's still easy to do (in terms of the mechanical piece).

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ha. In my case, I don't want any and this friend (that the other people asked me why not him) that I mentioned has said that he wants them.

As you also are saying, you can't take back a kid. You try to and you're seen as scum. That's my kid thing. I don't like to waste my time or his time with someone who wants them. The clock that a lot of women experience about feeling like time is running out for them to have one, is not something I have experienced and I'm at the age where this starts for most of them.
Once the kid is here, you cannot put it back from whence it came. While we never know how relationships turn out and how people may change, it's always good to be as firm and clear in the ramifications of you're trying to have kids in the right way.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Once the kid is here, you cannot put it back from whence it came. While we never know how relationships turn out and how people may change, it's always good to be as firm and clear in the ramifications of you're trying to have kids in the right way.

I totally agree.

I'm glad to be sure about not wanting one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks the Nova launcher now has that cleaner look to swipe up for the app drawer. I'm indifferent about it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Got my bill today and it's a beautiful thing to see that I don't owe anything for Spring semester. In this case, it's not nothing now and pay later. It's nothing altogether. I'm really thankful and I'll be able to play with phones still after all lol.

Debating if I should rent textbooks or buy ebooks but I don't need to do anything yet when it comes to that.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Got my bill today and it's a beautiful thing to see that I don't owe anything for Spring semester. Debating if I should rent textbooks or buy ebooks but I don't need to do anything yet when it comes to that.
Everyone's take is different. I bought some books in paperback and others in eBook format. I can always think back through mine as they're good for refreshers in my line of work.

Others rented their books and returned them at the end of the year. Grad school books are pricey, no matter the degree.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks but I really wouldn't need it when it comes to that. No one can convince me otherwise.

I need that luck for other stuff.
I wasn't talking about someone convincing you to change. Not everyone holds your current views permanently, and the trick becomes how to process those changes if it happens.

That's all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Everyone's take is different. I bought some books in paperback and others in eBook format. I can always think back through mine as they're good for refreshers in my line of work.

Others rented their books and returned them at the end of the year. Grad school books are pricey, no matter the degree.

Hmm that's interesting that you did that. I hate having all of these books after the semester ends and they don't even buy them back ever. I'm one of those people who never highlights in books or makes notes. I might consider doing a mix like how you have done it though.

For what you do, that makes a lot of sense actually. For me, maybe not always since some of these are core classes that I might not need to refer to later on.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I wasn't talking about someone convincing you to change. Not everyone holds your current views permanently, and the trick becomes how to process those changes if it happens.

That's all.

Ah okay, I get what you are saying. You saying that reminds me of my conversation with my sister yesterday.

Talking to my sister about this, she told me the story of one of the hosts on The Real talk show (you might have heard this story actually) divorcing her husband of like 10 years because they both started out not wanting kids but then he recently changed his mind on that and he was hoping that she would too but she didn't. She still loves him but it had to end because they couldn't meet one another in that.

Thank you for the luck.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah okay, I get what you are saying. You saying that reminds me of my conversation with my sister yesterday.

Talking to my sister about this, she told me the story of one of the hosts on The Real talk show (you might have heard this story actually) divorcing her husband of like 10 years because they both started out not wanting kids but then he recently changed his mind on that and he was hoping that she would too but she didn't. She still loves him but it had to end because they couldn't meet one another in that.

Thank you for the luck.
Yup. It happens. I'm sure Rue has his own take on this too.

I didn't want kids for a long time but I'm not unopposed to the idea (1-2 if that does happen). But I'm a dude so I can delay this for a much longer time and then go the younger female route to make it happen if I decide that. For women...it's much different.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yup. It happens. I'm sure Rue has his own take on this too.

I didn't want kids for a long time but I'm not unopposed to the idea (1-2 if that does happen). But I'm a dude so I can delay this for a much longer time and then go the younger female route to make it happen if I decide that. For women...it's much different.

That's true for you. I'm curious about Rue's experience with this as well.

You're so right that it can change for people and the idea of that happening is kind of scary to me. My new married friends (that were part of that conversation I posted about today) said that they were on the fence about it themselves when they got together. After the wife helped out at some camp and told the husband about it, they were like no way to kids! lol. Even them, they have been together for like 6 years and married for 2, and they are basically my age (27). That was interesting to hear them say that.

I can only hope that whoever is in the long haul with me doesn't change his mind. My mom will feel some kind of way about me not wanting them but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes I look through the Nokia 8 reviews and as much as I like the futuristic feel of Andy's phone, the practical side of me would use a Nokia 8...in the comparison between both.

I'm curious to see what the 2018 version looks like.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true for you. I'm curious about Rue's experience with this as well.

You're so right that it can change for people and the idea of that happening is kind of scary to me. My new married friends (that were part of that conversation I posted about today) said that they were on the fence about it themselves when they got together. After the wife helped out at some camp and told the husband about it, they were like no way to kids! lol. Even them, they have been together for like 6 years and married for 2, and they are basically my age (27). That was interesting to hear them say that.

I can only hope that whoever is in the long haul with me doesn't change his mind. My mom will feel some kind of way about me not wanting them but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
If it happens to you, you'll just have to find find your own way through it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes I look through the Nokia 8 reviews and as much as I like the futuristic feel of Andy's phone, the practical side of me would use a Nokia 8...in the comparison between both.

I'm curious to see what the 2018 version looks like.

Yep, I can picture that for you actually. They did a good job with it for the most part.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

if there is one thing I miss about taking the bus is that I could take a nap back home and not worry about driving. I don't miss three weed smell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb