WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And yet I'll guarantee that within the next two years Samsung/Huawei will have a phone with a similar style notch in it.

Google shat all over the iPhone 7 with the OG Pixel - "oh, well we have a headphone jack" - only to kill that feature off a year later...
Totally agree.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I almost forgot how amazing it feels to celebrate people in your life and also celebrate with them. I had a lot going on this weekend (for me anyway) but it was all worth it and good times were had throughout.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of the notch, the position of the front camera on Andy's phone doesn't bother me. Now, I've run into apps like the Huawei health where I'm trying to reach a menu in the top left of the screen and it keeps triggering the status bar, but otherwise it's been ok to use.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure maybe you're back.
Been on and off. Nothing much to share re: gadgets as I got a Galaxy S8 instead of the iPhone X.

I'm using it in DeX mode since last week...
24cb4911e12a79fcf202a8e12026abb3.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I have been reading CES news (at least with what has come out so far) and I see that Sony finally has working fingerprint sensors in the US! I'm possibly interested in trying the XA2.

Not only is it shorter than the previous generations (XA1, XA), it has a bigger battery (a little heavier though) with a bigger display but is still very close in size to the Lumia 650 (which means shorter than both Pixels and probably most of the "smaller" phones I have tried), which sounds great to me. Of course we will see how this goes, but it sounds good.

I'm going to search for some hands-on videos since it looks like this is the only smaller phone that Sony is making for the year.

Edit: No videos to be found aside from Phone Arena, but I'll take the GSMArena hands-on article.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I returned the two Encased brand cases for the Pixels back to Amazon. Probably the worst cases I have bought for a device. Also I had to return the sleeve I got for my Eve V. Too big even though it is made for a 12" iPad Pro. Luckily I got the Eve branded version with the computer so I am just going to use that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I returned the two Encased brand cases for the Pixels back to Amazon. Probably the worst cases I have bought for a device. Also I had to return the sleeve I got for my Eve V. Too big even though it is made for a 12" iPad Pro. Luckily I got the Eve branded version with the computer so I am just going to use that.

That sucks about the cases and sleeve. I'm glad that you have one to use with the Eve V though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I got crushed all morning. Learned about two other deaths - someone in a colleague's network and the hubsand if the aide of a client (death comes in 3s is an adage I firmly believe in).

Then things have gotten choatic with a few clients. Been stuck at the desk making calls and fighting fires.

I did get a positive thank you from a client I spoke to as well. I need to get something to eat before I dive further into this afternoon...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I got crushed all morning. Learned about two other deaths - someone in a colleague's network and the hubsand if the aide of a client (death comes in 3s is an adage I firmly believe in).

Then things have gotten choatic with a few clients. Been stuck at the desk making calls and fighting fires.

I did get a positive thank you from a client I spoke to as well. I need to get something to eat before I dive further into this afternoon...

Dang, you have had a day already. That thank you sounds like it was a necessary light today. It's good that you got to hear that.

Enjoy your food.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Can you fathom the life experiences of someone that old? The things that person has witnessed.
If we lived to that age, those left with their heads screwed on right may ask the same questions of us...

...that's why it's important to cherish your own life course journey...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

...that's why it's important to cherish your own life course journey...

You saying that makes me think of something that I have been hearing a lot and also something that I try to remember myself. A lot of people do things that can be risky and life changing because they think it will make them happy. I'm guessing that probably isn't what you meant but that is what comes to mind for me for that statement.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear all this happened in one day. I hope things will be better for you the rest of the week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers