WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You saying that makes me think of something that I have been hearing a lot and also something that I try to remember myself. A lot of people do things that can be risky and life changing because they think it will make them happy. I'm guessing that probably isn't what you meant but that is what comes to mind for me for that statement.
If my memory is correct, you're under 30...which means for most people in your age group, it is sometimes hard to really appreciate what it means.

It's not just the trying things risky to see if they work, it's about maturing by applying the lessons learned from all your experiences (the good and the bad ones) in a positive manner.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If my memory is correct, you're under 30...which means for most people in your age group, it is sometimes hard to really appreciate what it means.

It's not just the trying things risky to see if they work, it's about maturing by applying the lessons learned from all your experiences (the good and the bad ones) in a positive manner.

You are correct. I'm newly 28. Closer to that than 29 lol

Yeah, you're right about that. Application is everything. Some are easier to remember than others to do this for.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I like the XA2 but if the camera is no bueno then...

The XZ1 Compact camera was close but missed the mark where it matters (to me anyway). Apparently Sony enabled something ISO related to improve low light performance, along with a 3 step flash thing but hopefully we will find out this month or early next month if this makes any difference.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You are correct. I'm newly 28. Closer to that than 29 lol

Yeah, you're right about that. Application is everything. Some are easier to remember than others to do this for.
It comes over time. As long as you are willing to learn, you've got a headstart over 60% of your cohort on that alone. Once you start seeking guidance from the right people, you're ahead of 80% of your cohort and once you start applying things the right way, you're ahead if 90% of your cohort.

The trick though isn't about being ahead if your cohort, but it's accomplishing what your goals are.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I like the XA2 but if the camera is no bueno then...
The XA1 series had pretty good cameras considering their price point. Much better than the Nokia 6 for sure. That was a disappointing phone from many angles. Many reviewers put the XA1 Ultra above the XZ Premium and my brief time with both bore that out.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The XA1 series had pretty good cameras considering their price point. Much better than the Nokia 6 for sure. That was a disappointing phone from many angles. Many reviewers put the XA1 Ultra above the XZ Premium and my brief time with both bore that out.
That will be interesting as the Nokia 6 has also been upgraded this year and so far the Honor 7X is doing quite well camera wise. Good choices this year for the budget smartphone crowd.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The $2 case for the Pixel 2 XL is awesome. Really liking it. The irony is that the seller paid $2.61 to ship this to CA from NY

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I got crushed all morning. Learned about two other deaths - someone in a colleague's network and the hubsand if the aide of a client (death comes in 3s is an adage I firmly believe in).

Then things have gotten choatic with a few clients. Been stuck at the desk making calls and fighting fires.

I did get a positive thank you from a client I spoke to as well. I need to get something to eat before I dive further into this afternoon...
I hope this isn't true with the three...

One of wife's relatives died over Christmas. We're hoping to go to the funeral. The lady we bought the house off died shortly after we finalised. She was already in a nursing home and probably didn't know we bought the house.

I know too many people near that age and would personally like to avoid one more death if that's ok?

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Man this thread is now a giant puddle...
I am bummed.
I am not going to share a sad story though, I just learnt to compartmentalize this stuff from a very early age. Too much trauma, let's just say that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

On a separate note, going to be off the forums for a little bit. I have to go to San Jose tomorrow for work. Will come back late Friday night and then have a long weekend with the family as Monday is a holiday due to MLK Day.

I am excited though. Meeting an old colleague of mine from my first job - we both started at this company on the same day many many years ago. Probably get a coffee with him. After that going to meet an undergrad friend (he graduated two years later) who runs an intellectual property services company for dinner on Thursday. Should be a fun trip seeing old friends. The driving back and forth is not going to be fun.

We had a lot of rain last night. The areas affected by the fires are now being evacuated due to mud slides. People have lost houses in Ventura/Santa Barbara area. No bueno.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm saddened about the puddle status so I have a question outside of said puddle.

Is anyone interested in reading Fire and Fury? The book that goes inside the Trump White House? I want to read it but I'm debating if it's worth it to swallow $14.99 for the Kindle version...

Otherwise, 3 to 4 weeks is a long time to ship a book.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a separate note, going to be off the forums for a little bit. I have to go to San Jose tomorrow for work. Will come back late Friday night and then have a long weekend with the family as Monday is a holiday due to MLK Day.

I am excited though. Meeting an old colleague of mine from my first job - we both started at this company on the same day many many years ago. Probably get a coffee with him. After that going to meet an undergrad friend (he graduated two years later) who runs an intellectual property services company for dinner on Thursday. Should be a fun trip seeing old friends. The driving back and forth is not going to be fun.

We had a lot of rain last night. The areas affected by the fires are now being evacuated due to mud slides. People have lost houses in Ventura/Santa Barbara area. No bueno.

Safe travels and I hope you have a good time with your family this weekend as well.

Wow sounds like you have a mix of fun and work ahead. Very cool to be able to meet up with your old colleague and a friend!

Uh oh about the mud slides :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)