WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Microsoft shipping in LA area is fast. Should be receiving the Idol 4S tomorrow. Unfortunately I am going to be in the Bay Area. Saturday will be a fun day. New Pixels, iPad Air 2 LTE and Idol 4S.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Finally picked up my new pairs of glasses and I love them. I added the blue light protect to the ones that will be my main pair and wow, I do notice a slight difference when looking at my phone and my laptop screen and even paper. lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Right? I know that they aren't Microsoft with the whole Lumia brand but reading this took me there to that time when they decided to "retrench". I just hope they aren't going to be like them.
Personally, I think LG should downsize and release only 4 phones a year.

V-series flagship in the fall
Mid ranger to replace the G series with either last year's chip or the current year's mid-range chip in the spring (SD 66x chips)
The knock off Stylo series with better specs (like the SD 63x)
One small screen budget phone (SD 43x chips)

Overhaul the UI. Put good audio in all offerings. Better software support. Better battery life optimizations. Position themselves for media consumption junkies for most of their phone and content creators for the V-series.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm terrible with glasses.. The pairs I have usually won't last a year. The lens get damaged by bad scratches or the hinges of the frames breaks..
But surprisingly current pair has lasted almost three years now..
I'm wearing web lens, or what we here call mahjong glasses.. It's great for reading my phone and good enough to see the other player's mahjong tiles across the table

... !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Personally, I think LG should downsize and release only 4 phones a year.

V-series flagship in the fall
Mid ranger to replace the G series with either last year's chip or the current year's mid-range chip in the spring (SD 66x chips)
The knock off Stylo series with better specs (like the SD 63x)
One small screen budget phone (SD 43x chips)

Overhaul the UI. Put good audio in all offerings. Better software support. Better battery life optimizations. Position themselves for media consumption junkies for most of their phone and content creators for the V-series.

That's a solid idea! This sounds like it would already be much better for them.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm terrible with glasses.. The pairs I have usually won't last a year. The lens get damaged by bad scratches or the hinges of the frames breaks..
But surprisingly current pair has lasted almost three years now..
I'm wearing web lens, or what we here call mahjong glasses.. It's great for reading my phone and good enough to see the other player's mahjong tiles across the table

... !

Aw. Wow, 3 years is a while! I have had glasses in the past break too. My prescription is generally always changing, which is annoying but is a fact of life for me.

I'm guessing you don't have to wear yours all the time?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Aw. Wow, 3 years is a while! I have had glasses in the past break too. My prescription is generally always changing, which is annoying but is a fact of life for me.

I'm guessing you don't have to wear yours all the time?

My last pair was good for 4 years. I haven't used plastic lenses since I was a teen. They scratch too easy and the optics are not as precise as glass. Yes I've heard the horror stories but I've been in the construction industry for over 30 years and never had any issues. What I do know is that my present set is over a year old and there are zero scratches. You get used to the weight in case you were wondering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb