WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's the thing with them. Hardware is gorgeous but support support is questionable. This is why I prefer Xiaomi. Even though they aren't that fast with updates, at least in beta you get weekly updates that work on tweaking the software.
You are being too generous by using the term 'questionable'. I rate them as atrocious.

I like Xiaomi, they generally provide people with regular security patch updates and at least one OS update.

Huawei isn't helping it's cause with the Mate 10Pro with his Honor 8 debacle.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You are being too generous by using the term 'questionable'. I rate them as atrocious.

I like Xiaomi, they generally provide people with regular security patch updates and at least one OS update.

Huawei isn't helping it's cause with the Mate 10Pro with his Honor 8 debacle.
Moto is atrocious. Huawei is a little step up, questionable. LG has no clue and Samsung takes their own time.

Yup, software updates is a mess.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Moto is atrocious. Huawei is a little step up, questionable. LG has no clue and Samsung takes their own time.

Yup, software updates is a mess.
Moto is pure garbage about OS updates. I can see why they have fire sales all the time. LG is lost. They might as well become a Google OEM. Samsung just does enough with the flagship devices and then nada.

Yeah, Android land software updates are a fuster cluck.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Moto is pure garbage about OS updates. I can see why they have fire sales all the time. LG is lost. They might as well become a Google OEM. Samsung just does enough with the flagship devices and then nada.

Yeah, Android land software updates are a fuster cluck.
LG I just don't get. At least HTC has decided that if they're gonna sink, they'll do it their way. The V series is a nice idea. At this point I feel they need to get out of Samsung's lap and cater to a smaller, budget conscious audience. If LG did that, it would cut OnePlus sales in half, relegating them to the dev/enthusiast crowd.

Just launch the V series in the fall and a no frills budget flagship/upper mid ranger in the spring...and be on top of the updates!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The MediaPad M3 shares the hardware with Mate 9. It got one update in August to Nougat with a May 2017 security patch update and then it's crickets.
You know, even Sony is good with updates now. That's a hell of a thing.

But there is one group of people I blame, honestly.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You know, even Sony is good with updates now. That's a hell of a thing.

But there is one group of people I blame, honestly.
I was beyond surprised when a Sony X Performance I was playing around with a month ago got Oreo. That phone was released in February of '16.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You mean the same Apple that throttles CPU performance via updates to keep the gravy train going?

They're all crooked in my book.
Yup the same fruit stand
We'll update your device but then we will throttle it so you can give us some more moolah

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup the same fruit stand
We'll update your device but then we will throttle it so you can give us some more moolah
At least they bend over their customers with a smile...and when they complain they tell them they're not bending over correctly.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not much snow to delay but slick. My boss is making me go to a presentation I'll rather not be at. We will see if it's still on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon