WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

To be perfectly honest, if it weren't for a few apps that are indispensable for work, I'd be 100% on Windows. Digits has been an absolute lifesaver because I get to keep my same number on two devices.
Same here TBH.
I'm having a lot of fun with the Idol 4S (sans the camera of course).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

To be perfectly honest, if it weren't for a few apps that are indispensable for work, I'd be 100% on Windows. Digits has been an absolute lifesaver because I get to keep my same number on two devices.

I bet. Sounds like it is still working out well for you.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Same here TBH.
I'm having a lot of fun with the Idol 4S (sans the camera of course).
That camera, oh that cluster!!! One of the things I miss the most about webOS was the homebrew community. I'm almost 100% positive that Windows phones have outsold webOS by a large margin but there were so many tweaks and patches available through WOSQI that I'm equally sure somebody would have come up with a patch to fix this God-awful camera by now. This phone makes me think about what Sofia Vergara would look like if she were cross-eyed or was buck-toothed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In an interesting twist of things, the phone I wanted to try for a while (even before the existence of the Galaxy A3 I currently have), finally has the right model (that will work properly in the US) available on Amazon.

It could be fun to try it but at the same time, it's old? Because it's old, it's also kind of cheap. The idea of it is interesting but it probably doesn't make sense to try it.

Edit: Looking at technical things, the camera is probably equal to the A3 but the A3 will be better so I'm good. It's just funny that this stock finally became available a year and some later.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I may need a new tablet as the rails of the Z3 Tablet Compact aren't aging well. I may end using a phone with a bigger screen instead. There aren't many water resistant tablets on the market, sadly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I may need a new tablet as the rails of the Z3 Tablet Compact aren't aging well. I may end using a phone with a bigger screen instead. There aren't many water resistant tablets on the market, sadly.
Or I may just use the Mi Note 2 as the tablet replacement. We'll see.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A very good condition Axon 7 may work too
Who knows.
I suppose what I'm looking for is the same Z3 Tablet Compact, but with more modern internals. I may just slap a case on it and kick this decision down the road for as long as I can.

To me, Sony had hit a home run here. The unfortunate part was this thing didn't get 7.0. I doubt this will ever be refreshed, but it'd be nice if it did.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So I'm watching the AFC Championship and this Apple commercial comes on using audio of Muhammad Ali. I'm utterly disgusted at Apple for commercializing a true national treasure. There are some places you just shouldn't go and this is one of them.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm watching the AFC Championship and this Apple commercial comes on using audio of Muhammad Ali. I'm utterly disgusted at Apple for commercializing a true national treasure. There are some places you just shouldn't go and this is one of them.
Unfortunately my team didn't win today. I'm sure much will be said for that hit on Gronk. We'll see if we can trade for Eli! Lol. Good season, but no reason to watch the big game again this year.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately my team didn't win today. I'm sure much will be said for that hit on Gronk. We'll see if we can trade for Eli! Lol. Good season, but no reason to watch the big game again this year.

I'm sorry about the loss. I hope the Patriots lose in the end.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The Jags aren't my team but I had to root for the state. That and Allen Hurns is from The U.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Jags aren't my team but I had to root for the state. That and Allen Hurns is from The U.
Yeah. That south Florida team had an up and down year. One of the MDs i'm cool with is a NY born and bred guy but a Fins fan through and through.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that's very interesting that he is. It sounds unexpected to me.
Not really. Many people are fans of things in places most people don't expect. I'm a Jags fan in NYC who has never been to nor has any connection to Jax, FL.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not really. Many people are fans of things in places most people don't expect. I'm a Jags fan in NYC who has never been to nor has any connection to Jax, FL.

Ah okay. I thought you had a general Florida connection for some reason, or maybe it's because you mentioned that you know someone offline who lives there.

It's surprising to me because I'm surrounded by people who live where I do and are fans of places that have a connection to them somehow. My dad is the oddball of being a Cowboys fan but I have met other fans of them too.

As a baseball fan, I get how people can be Braves, Dodgers, and Yankees fans because those are massive fan bases. Otherwise, I am surprised.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah okay. I thought you had a general Florida connection for some reason, or maybe it's because you mentioned that you know someone offline who lives there.

It's surprising to me because I'm surrounded by people who live where I do and are fans of places that have a connection to them somehow. My dad is the oddball of being a Cowboys fan but I have met other fans of them too.

As a baseball fan, I get how people can be Braves, Dodgers, and Yankees fans because those are massive fan bases. Otherwise, I am surprised.
My first NFL game I saw ever was the '95 Superbowl between SF 49ers and SD Chargers. I knew nothing of the game, but I listened to the announcers carefully.

For a long time I thought scoring TDs was the objective of the game, and when I found out the true objective, it all made sense.

I started watching regular season games in '96. We'd get a ton of Jags games on the TV back home, oddly enough, so that's why I picked up on them as my team. But I'll watch all teams play. That '99 team was their best team to date with the 2nd best offense in the league behind that circus Rams team. Brunnell + Taylor + Smiths + McCardell + Kyle Brady was no joke on offense... especially with Bosselli anchoring that line up front. Best defensive team before this year was in 2007 with the two massive DTs Stroud and Henderson in the middle with that old school 4-3 scheme.

Jags are 0-3 in AFC championship game - losses in '97 and '18 to NE and '99 to Tennessee. Oddly enough, NFC team won it all in '99 and '97.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo