WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That '99 team was their best team to date with the 2nd best offense in the league behind that circus Rams team.
That '99 team sent Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson into retirement after the 62-7 beatdown. Jay Fiedler was Brunell's backup and the Fins signed him in the offseason to replace Marino.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That '99 team sent Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson into retirement after the 62-7 beatdown. Jay Fiedler was Brunell's backup and the Fins signed him in the offseason to replace Marino.
Dan the Man had a rousing come from behind victory against Seattle that wild card weekend that you should remember instead of that mugging at Jax the next week. We went 15-0 vs the league that year and went 0-3 vs Jeff Fisher's bunch. That was unfortunate.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Dan the Man had a rousing come from behind victory against Seattle that wild card weekend that you should remember instead of that mugging at Jax the next week. We went 15-0 vs the league that year and went 0-3 vs Jeff Fisher's bunch. That was unfortunate.
You're only as good as your next game. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a looooong year for us Marlins fans. In the meantime, Go Heat!! Half game back of The Land for 3rd in the East. Speaking of, how does a LeBron team give up a buck forty-eight? I didn't know the all-star game was this weekend.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're only as good as your next game. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a looooong year for us Marlins fans. In the meantime, Go Heat!! Half game back of The Land for 3rd in the East. Speaking of, how does a LeBron team give up a buck forty-eight? I didn't know the all-star game was this weekend.
The Cavs are tuning LeBron out, it seems.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're only as good as your next game. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a looooong year for us Marlins fans..

I'm looking forward to it. Not enough baseball on my Twitter timeline right now...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to it. Not enough baseball on my Twitter timeline right now...
We got too many NL East people in here between you (Nats), me (Mets) and Mr. Clue (Fish). I personally don't expect none of our teams to do much this year. Lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We got too many NL East people in here between you (Nats), me (Mets) and Mr. Clue (Fish). I personally don't expect none of our teams to do much this year. Lol.

Haha true. As long as the Braves don't make it either, I'm good. The Mets or the Marlins going the distance would make for an interesting story, especially the Mets because it's been a good while.

If the Nats wind me up again to get the same Game 5 result this upcoming season, I would be annoyed. I'll happily wear my NL East Champs shirt of course but eh.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have something written on this too I'll post here...or you can if you want to when you read it.

I'm good with either option. If it's already up, I wouldn't mind a link. If not, I can wait, just remind me when it drops or will come out soon. I know a bit based on what you have said here but if you have any more thoughts, I'm curious to know.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Much? You're way too optimistic. If the Nats move Harper they might go into a freefall. Nothing says "we give up" like dealing your best player, a situation Fish Fans are all too familiar with. Besides, the team is getting old. Strasberg's arm is more worn than mine.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Much? You're way too optimistic. If the Nats move Harper they might go into a freefall. Nothing says "we give up" like dealing your best player, a situation Fish Fans are all too familiar with. Besides, the team is getting old. Strasberg's arm is more worn than mine.

I don't want to hear that about Stras (that statement hurts lol), people around my area still occasionally talk about the shutdown, which is old. Your Fish have a pretty park with a roof though, which doesn't solve issues of course but that is nice to have.

I want the Nats to keep Harper obviously, but they still scored decently enough to win when he was on the DL for a bit. Don't get me started on run production. I'm glad that they kept some of my favs though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm too optimistic for my own good sometimes...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Now that it is the week of, my mind is having the idea of going through this process roll around in my head. Just a few days left.

In regards to the book goal, I cheated. I read 7 books and ditched the other 2 that weren't novels or stories. To be fair, I have read 3 other books like the 2 that I ditched earlier in my Kindle Unlimited trial. The final book was a struggle and not because of the goal, but because of the pace of the story. I debated if I wanted to give up or not but I figured that I should see how it ends, rather than have it automatically return and not getting to know.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't want to hear that about Stras (that statement hurts lol), people around my area still occasionally talk about the shutdown, which is old. Your Fish have a pretty park with a roof though, which doesn't solve issues of course but that is nice to have.

I want the Nats to keep Harper obviously, but they still scored decently enough to win when he was on the DL for a bit. Don't get me started on run production. I'm glad that they kept some of my favs though.
The Florida Marlins (that Miami Marlins rename is garbage, to me) has that club by the outfield that looks really nice.

As long as Philly and Atlanta continue to sleepwalk this year, I'm good.

All three teams need luck. If the Fish trad Yelich and Realmuto, there's no difference between them and Philly/Atlanta. The Mets need health and a hot start; the Nats need a good first three months to keep the Harper trade talks away. Doubt the Nats and Mets are better than the Cards, Cubs and Dodgers.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Florida Marlins (that Miami Marlins rename is garbage, to me) has that club by the outfield that looks really nice.

All three teams need luck. If the Fish trad Yelich and Realmuto, there's no difference between them and Philly/Atlanta. The Mets need health and a hot start; the Nats need a good first three months to keep the Harper trade talks away. Doubt the Nats and Mets are better than the Cards, Cubs and Dodgers.

I haven't noticed the club but I'll take your word for it.

Haha! Doubly agree about Atlanta. We will see about Philly. True about the luck. I don't know what it is but the Cubs seem to be fire lately. True about the Cards and the Dodgers, those are some tough teams.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't noticed the club but I'll take your word for it.

Haha! Doubly agree about Atlanta. We will see about Philly. True about the luck. I don't know what it is but the Cubs seem to be fire lately. True about the Cards and the Dodgers, those are some tough teams.
Good mid level teams include AZ, COL and MIL. Question marks are the Pirates and Giants. Lots of teams are in the mix this year...the AL is even worse.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Aha! Someone outside of SoFla that has heard of J.T. Realmuto. Getting better defensively every year and already the best hitting catcher plus above average speed. It's going to really suck to see him go - and he will. Yelich is as good as gone and Justin Bour should consider traveling light and laying off the doughnuts.

Yes, I still call them the Florida Marlins but then again, I still call the Dolphins stadium Joe Robbie Stadium. Partly because I can't remember what name they're going by any given year.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Good mid level teams include AZ, COL and MIL. Question marks are the Pirates and Giants. Lots of teams are in the mix this year...the AL is even worse.
Pirates without 'Cutch and Gerritt Cole will be a tough watch. Arizona's looking pretty good, may need to hear from @aximtreo for the skinny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb