WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've had this one before, just missed it and the price was too good to pass up.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Nicee! I totally forgot. Wait, hasn't there been some firmware updates since the last time you tried it? It will probably be nice to go back to that nice battery life.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Andy's team updated the camera app today. It seems interesting and a bit more useful.

Oh yeah, I read about that. Will you gain anything out of the update? (More like something you would actually use or will be to your benefit) For some reason, I forgot that you had the Essential Phone until I read this post.

Is grad school already eating my brain? That's a joke but this is the third thing today that I mixed up or forgotten LOL.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about what I need to do for this class (homework wise for this weekend) to the point where my brain doesn't want to let it go...until I do it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Nicee! I totally forgot. Wait, hasn't there been some firmware updates since the last time you tried it? It will probably be nice to go back to that nice battery life.
Among other things. I forgot how much I missed texts being read out loud by my truck's hands-free. It's little things like this that makes it so hard to ditch W10 completely. Although.......I will be looking at the Sony XA2 Ultra next month when it comes out. Their Android skin is so much better than TouchWiz.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Among other things. I forgot how much I missed texts being read out loud by my truck's hands-free. It's little things like this that makes it so hard to ditch W10 completely. Although.......I will be looking at the Sony XA2 Ultra next month when it comes out. Their Android skin is so much better than TouchWiz.

Cool! I can understand that.

I totally agree about Sony's skin versus TouchWiz. Recently (or at least as recent as the XZ1 Compact I had), you can change most icons with icon packs with the default launcher which I loved.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, I read about that. Will you gain anything out of the update? (More like something you would actually use or will be to your benefit) For some reason, I forgot that you had the Essential Phone until I read this post.

Is grad school already eating my brain? That's a joke but this is the third thing today that I mixed up or forgotten LOL.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about what I need to do for this class (homework wise for this weekend) to the point where my brain doesn't want to let it go...until I do it.
I think it makes the camera better. I'll test it out but I like the improvements.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ouch, GSMArena released a review for the Sony Xperia XA2 and from what it seems to be, it's close but no cigar. Again for me. Welp.

That sucks because the battery life is great and everything else sounds good but I'm done buying phones with weak front cameras, which is the XA2's downfall for me.

I'll love to see how Android Central, and PhoneArena rate it but for now, it sounds like it will not work out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That is true. I can get that...as you probably already know.
I think that if Andy's team continues to tweak the camera app, it can ease my interest in wanting to try the Nokia 8.

But honestly, if I were doing this over, I'd try the Nokia 8 before Andy's phone from a long term perspective...I think HMD will do a better job of supporting their device over Andy's team. Bigger company, more resources.

We'll see if my opinion changes with 8.0 on Andy's phone, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think that if Andy's team continues to tweak the camera app, it can ease my interest in waiting to try the Nokia 8.

But honestly, if I were doing this over, I'd try the Nokia 8 before Andy's phone from a long term perspective...I think HMD will do a better job of supporting their device over Andy's team. Bigger company, more resources.

We'll see if my opinion changes with 8.0 on Andy's phone, but I doubt it.

Ah okay, that makes sense. It sounds like you'll see but that's smart not to put your hopes in it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo