WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So my other class went well. I was the only one that looked like me once again but I can believe this is the nature of the program more than likely. There were 3 others who weren't the majority though, too. It seems like this class will be just fine for me. I'm not going to say easy but it feels easier than my other technical class. Some of this is stuff that I'm already familiar with, which helps.

Interestingly enough, the professor is actually a recent graduate of the program and also catalogs for his main job (he's an adjunct) so this is doubly awesome for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not looking forward to getting up at 3:30 AM tomorrow morning to go to the airport and then to freezing temperatures. It is a balmy 82F here in SoCal today!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The beautiful thing about NYC is you never know what you'll see phone wise in the wild.

Such as sitting next to someone with a rose gold Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd say this is an improvement...
510ea749e8bcbffba2689f3fa32113e4.jpg
4eadeca452c42e7897289442236994c4.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow very cool!
Yeah. I was confused for a while because that wasn't a color type I recognized right away. Then I saw the back and figured out what it was and Googled the colors.

It does look good. It was an Asian woman who had it in hand. I'd check one out in person though...kinda want to see the Nokia 8 in person too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The one thing I dislike with Google funneling all its reasources into Assistant is how useless Google now has become. It's sad where some of the base functionality could have been left intact but when they made Assistant 6.0+ compatible, you know Google Now would be crippled.

Why care? I got a tablet that won't ever see 7.0. So using Google Now on it was helpful. Since I barely use Assistant, it's now a lose-lose for me.

Sucks being a minority, but what can I do?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The one thing I dislike with Google funneling all its reasources into Assistant is how useless Google now has become. It's sad where some of the base functionality could have been left intact but when they made Assistant 6.0+ compatible, you know Google Now would be crippled.

Why care? I got a tablet that won't ever see 7.0. So using Google Now on it was helpful. Since I barely use Assistant, it's now a lose-lose for me.

Sucks being a minority, but what can I do?

I agree with you on that, I don't use Assistant much either.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you on that, I don't use Assistant much either.
It's a nice feature but I don't use it at all. It was a huge battery drain on the watch, where I would be mostly likely to use it, so it got disabled. I barely talk to Alexa anyways, so it's not for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I suppose my coworkers are the people Samsung and Google are fighting for as consumers.

So a "work couple", no married to each other as they have their own real marriages and kids, and I were talking at the end of the work day. The dude has an S8+, she just got a Google Pixel 2 XL. She talked about stealing her husband's wireless headphones and didn't care much about my wired type C headphones. The dude was like: "no headphone jack, that's stupid." They both like the size and the battery life on each model. The girl used to be a Samsung user and talked about it running "a bit slower and didn't want to deal with it".

Of course, any commentary I had got lost as they were checking out each other's devices.

Again, a minority...as parents, great point and shoot cameras are essential for them. Good battery life, watching lots of multimedia on a big screen too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I suppose my coworkers are the people Samsung and Google are fighting for as consumers.

So a "work couple", no married to each other as they have their own real marriages and kids, and I were talking at the end of the work day. The dude has an S8+, she just got a Google Pixel 2 XL. She talked about stealing her husband's wireless headphones and didn't care much about my wired type C headphones. The dude was like: "no headphone jack, that's stupid." They both like the size and the battery life on each model. The girl used to be a Samsung user and talked about it running "a bit slower and didn't want to deal with it".

Of course, any commentary I had got lost as they were checking out each other's devices.

Again, a minority...as parents, great point and shoot cameras are essential for them. Good battery life, watching lots of multimedia on a big screen too.

That sounds like an interesting conversation to overhear. And some people say that non tech people don't know about the Pixel phones. That's clearly a lie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro