WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The best proof is right here amongst Windows users. Too good to pass up.
Microsoft was onto something with the idea of having the OS run smoothly on hardware from cheap to high end. Android One is Google's attempt to do this. We'll see if this is successful. I'll always think that MSFT was a bit too arrogant in how they were marketing the OS to the premium market.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Another debate that has me thinking of MIA and Rue about if phones are getting too expensive.

https://www.gsmarena.com/sunday_debate_are_phones_getting_too_expensive-news-29436.php

I wanted to say yes but the guy on the other side has some points, but not enough for me to not say yes.
Funny I was just thinking about this the other day.

I've found it strange how my interest in tech has continued to slide. I do have other things on my mind of course but I've come to the conclusion that tech companies are blatantly playing us. The fact that phones are creeping up to the $1000 mark again for what is essentially little advancement tells me everything I need too know.

Maybe I'm too cynical but I've become bored with tech. There's nothing really that exciting out there at the moment.

I know everyone here kind of goes on about phones all the time. I sort of skip over that talk as I have no interest. I think tech has become stale personally.

Just my point of view though. M maybe I'm just getting too old (been down this road before) or maybe too distracted by other things. Not sure. I'm happy with the phone I have. It's good enough for now.

I'll keep abreast of what's going on but honestly I don't see much movement in tech in the next 3-4 years. We've hit peak and we're just riding along until something happens to shake things up again. No idea what that is but hopefully something different.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Funny I was just thinking about this the other day.

I've found it strange how my interest in tech has continued to slide. I do have other things on my mind of course but I've come to the conclusion that tech companies are blatantly playing us. The fact that phones are creeping up to the $1000 mark again for what is essentially little advancement tells me everything I need too know.

Maybe I'm too cynical but I've become bored with tech. There's nothing really that exciting out there at the moment.

I know everyone here kind of goes on about phones all the time. I sort of skip over that talk as I have no interest. I think tech has become stale personally.

Just my point of view though. M maybe I'm just getting too old (been down this road before) or maybe too distracted by other things. Not sure. I'm happy with the phone I have. It's good enough for now.

I'll keep abreast of what's going on but honestly I don't see much movement in tech in the next 3-4 years. We've hit peak and we're just riding along until something happens to shake things up again. No idea what that is but hopefully something different.
I think that for me we are taking the wrong sets of compromises from OEMs as they work hard to see at in our pockets in a mature and heavily saturated premium smartphone market.

I'm curious to see the next direction tech takes, but am in no rush for something truly bleeding edge.

Take my experience with Andy's phone. The cleanliness design wise of no 3.5mm is nice, but that leaves you with another device to charge. Not supporting the rapid charging our of the box for people like me who prefer maintaining max value on a handset with keep box accessories unused. Still having a so-so camera experience, from app layout (no manual mode) to so-so shots with decent hardware sensors on board. Overall jankiness on an AOSP style build which supposedly highlights performance being bare bones app wise. And to think, you were asking to pay $699 for this experience - which felt just as beta as WM10 on the early 950s - is how out of touch consumers have allowed OEMs to get.

Truly wireless headphones are gen 1 - 3.5hrs per charge is the drawback due to their size. Smart watches trying to replicate the smartphone experience on the wrist with smaller batteries and inefficient processors.

I understand tech companies need to make money, as it's a business after all, but there are certain fundamental social issues that needs to be addressed (to me) in order to push innovation forward.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What I'd like to get into in is the new norms and mores social media and tech have created impact mental health. Need to start looking into build in out my resume to get into those spaces.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

What I'd like to get into in is the new norms and mores social media and tech have created impact mental health. Need to start looking into build in out my resume to get into those spaces.

How has social media impacted mental health? Start with the MAGA crowd and work your way up from there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, Philly beat the Pats last night. While I don't give a damn about either team, I'm OK with that.

Of course, Philly fans acted as they do - with riots. And you wonder why Veterans stadium had a precinct in it...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, Philly beat the Pats last night. While I don't give a damn about either team, I'm OK with that.

Of course, Philly fans acted as they do - with riots. And you wonder why Veterans stadium had a precinct in it...

They deserved to lose, it was about time. The fact that one human can win five Super Bowls is nuts to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They deserved to lose, it was about time. The fact that one human can win five Super Bowls is nuts to me.
He's 5-3 in the Superbowl. Not too shabby. His teams have been good enough to go, so I don't have hate for him with that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

How has social media impacted mental health? Start with the MAGA crowd and work your way up from there.
What I want to do is to get on a team providing tx and research for it. They're slowly springing up, but my inexperience relatively is a challenge. As much as I'm fine with what I'm doing currently, this is more entry level style work.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

He's 5-3 in the Superbowl. Not too shabby. His teams have been good enough to go, so I don't have hate for him with that.

I can get that. I don't hate him but I'm over it, and based on what others have said, they are also over the Patriots going to the Super Bowl (and winning) so frequently.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I can get that. I don't hate him but I'm over it, and based on what others have said, they are also over the Patriots going to the Super Bowl (and winning) so frequently.

What I don't like is the double standard with Brady. He has one more ring than Bradshaw and Montana but those two never lost a Super Bowl. It's ok to slam on LeBron because he's lost in the Finals and Jordan didn't, but Brady somehow gets a pass. Either MJ loses his deity status or Montana and Bradshaw get theirs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What I don't like is the double standard with Brady. He has one more ring than Bradshaw and Montana but those two never lost a Super Bowl. It's ok to slam on LeBron because he's lost in the Finals and Jordan didn't, but Brady somehow gets a pass. Either MJ loses his deity status or Montana and Bradshaw get theirs.
I agree with the annoyance of the double standard. Too many people are in his lap singing his praises when that should be left to Gisele.

He is an all time great having gone to 8(!) Superbowls. But, the best ever? I'd be willing to put him in the top 5 for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It sucks to see more newspapers go the subscription route. Looks like I'll have to spend money to keep up the news now...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Andy's phone has given me mixed feelings. Sometimes I really like it and sometimes the flaws annoy me. I'm glad I wasn't trying to get it at full price.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Andy's phone has given me mixed feelings. Sometimes I really like it and sometimes the flaws annoy me. I'm glad I wasn't trying to get it at full price.

Besides your ambivolence regarding the camera, what else irks you about the phone? With the rage being 2:1 displays it's only a matter of time before we have no other options not named Sony. I don't see any of the newer crop that would make me ditch my S8+ as an Android representative in my stable. What's Andy's phone like as far as performance and battery life?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss