WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It happens to the best of us. At least you showed insight into what happened.

Sadly, I deal with this daily from patients and colleagues alike directed at either myself or my immediate colleagues. It doesn't sit well with me, but hey, lots of things don't.

You're so right about that.

Ugh that must be a pain. I can't imagine feeling that way towards someone who is meant to help me, especially when it comes to the health (mental, physical, etc.) side of things. One would think that since the person is there, they are there to help/assist you, or else they wouldn't be there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh that must be a pain. I can't imagine feeling that way towards someone who is meant to help me, especially when it comes to the health (mental, physical, etc.) side of things. One would think that since the person is there, they are there to help/assist you, or else they wouldn't be there.
It's still people, so because humans are involved, judgments, microaggressions, and screw ups happen. It just tends to be more magnified in fields like health care.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Something interesting happened this afternoon, and I plan to take it as a learning experience to try my best to be less of a judge to other people.

I was at the post office waiting in line and this guy in front of me had what seemed like a lot of money. He appeared to be an older guy, who probably wasn't born here. In my mind, I had thoughts about what I came there for, along with ones about why this guy would just have all of this money (not kind thoughts, I'm censoring myself because I feel bad about what I started to assume). I made eye contact with him for a second and then looked away, with a neutral expression.

So he was called up next to the counter and I could guess he was doing a money order. I noticed a phone just there on the counter and my heart sank. It's hard to describe how I felt but it seemed like I was anxious all of a sudden, if it's possible to feel that way and also aware? I instantly put myself into his shoes and started picturing how terrible it would be to forget a phone. I was waiting/hoping for an opportunity to give him his phone, even though I assumed something not so nice about him.

You must become a writer. You have such a nice way of expressing your opinion. Not sure what you major is but consider writing; you would be good at it.

He was almost done and thankfully the other worker called me to come up to the counter. I used the moment to say, "Sir, you forgot your phone" and his response was, "Oh wow", and then I went back to the postal worker. I guess the others there, including the postal workers watched this because I heard someone say "Wow, he almost forgot his phone" and I think someone else said something but I tuned it out. I think he was so focused in getting the money straight that he forgot about his phone altogether.

It might not seem like a big deal to you all, but the way I felt after that made it hard to focus on anything. The poor assumption I made had a hand in how I felt since I went from that to "wow, I can't just leave his phone here" rolling around in my mind.

Edit: This is longer than I thought it would be, whoops. The short version is: I saw a guy who might have not been born here, assumed something bad about this guy, and I had to give him his phone because I was the only one to notice that he forgot it and that had me feel things.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You must become a writer. You have such a nice way of expressing your opinion. Not sure what you major is but consider writing; you would be good at it.

Aw thank you for the compliment, I have a Bachelors in General History. I'm good on the writing thing, I just started a Masters in Library and Information Science.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

@fatclue_98 , I recall you being somewhat interested in the Xperia XA2 Ultra. A review for it dropped by GSMArena here.

It seems like it's a decent device, that gets nice battery life. I just can't remember if you are still interested or if you shelved that interest.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

@fatclue_98 , I recall you being somewhat interested in the Xperia XA2 Ultra. A review for it dropped by GSMArena here.

It seems like it's a decent device, that gets nice battery life. I just can't remember if you are still interested or if you shelved that interest.

Still am, thanks for the heads up. It’s been one of those days so I’ll probably check it out tomorrow.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just got to the airport. Total 4 hours of driving today for a tad over 100 miles, ugh. Catching a red eye flight to Boston in 1.5 hours.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Just got to the airport. Total 4 hours of driving today for a tad over 100 miles, ugh. Catching a red eye flight to Boston in 1.5 hours.

Try to get some sleep on the plane. I'm sure there plenty of butthurt Bostonians waiting for you at Logan.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I really need to put my foot down and stop accepting phones with sub par camera experiences...

It feels easier said than done at times. Sounds like it might be time to adjust the list of things, if you're like me with that.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It feels easier said than done at times. Sounds like it might be time to adjust the list of things, if you're like me with that.

When it comes to the art of compromise I can only draw stick figures. For what flagships command these days, a superior camera experience is non-negotiable. There are mid-grade phones at half the price with comparable cameras.

Stand your ground MIA!! Maybe the Apples and Samsungs of the world take notice.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

When it comes to the art of compromise I can only draw stick figures. For what flagships command these days, a superior camera experience is non-negotiable. There are mid-grade phones at half the price with comparable cameras.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm slowly being forced to learn that I don't have time to watch everything, at least not the same night or even for days anyway. The funny thing about this is that I actually chose to watch 2 shows mainly this semester, which is less than what I usually watch.

Last night, I thought that I would have the chance to watch one of the two (I was only able to watch one so far) and that didn't happen because my assignment took longer than I thought even though I did "half" of the work the night before. Even for YouTube videos, I have to think about length now. Videos longer than 11 minutes are more than likely not watched at all (likely pushed to the weekend for me but even that, also has its limits). I used to not understand people who felt that way, but I get it now, I really do.

It's just taken me by surprise since in undergrad, I was able to watch my 2 shows (the day of too, at that) and still do well. I'll love to watch This is Us, but considering that it's in its third season and episodes are 40 something minutes long, that's looking like a pipe dream unless I binge it for a short break. This also has me wondering how I'll watch baseball games. Not the whole game of course but even small parts of them.

I know that I chose this life to do 2 classes and still work full-time, it's just different from what I thought I could do and just grudgingly accepting this. The life change is already real, I'm already considering dropping something that I volunteered for.

Can I say that I'm also nervous about my first assignment submission because it's the first?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

See, I doubt that Andy's phone's camera experience will get better, no matter the number of updates. I feel it's a bit better since I've gotten it...but in terms of floors, the Nokia 8 has the better camera.

Truth be told, if Google had said they were going to do the three year updates for OS and patches for the OG Pixel, I would have both that. Otherwise, I'm watching how Andy's phone runs on 8.1 before I decide to put it on the bench or sell it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm slowly being forced to learn that I don't have time to watch everything, at least not the same night or even for days anyway. The funny thing about this is that I actually chose to watch 2 shows mainly this semester, which is less than what I usually watch.

Last night, I thought that I would have the chance to watch one of the two (I was only able to watch one so far) and that didn't happen because my assignment took longer than I thought even though I did "half" of the work the night before. Even for YouTube videos, I have to think about length now. Videos longer than 11 minutes are more than likely not watched at all (likely pushed to the weekend for me but even that, also has its limits). I used to not understand people who felt that way, but I get it now, I really do.

It's just taken me by surprise since in undergrad, I was able to watch my 2 shows (the day of too, at that) and still do well. I'll love to watch This is Us, but considering that it's in its third season and episodes are 40 something minutes long, that's looking like a pipe dream unless I binge it for a short break. This also has me wondering how I'll watch baseball games. Not the whole game of course but even small parts of them.

I know that I chose this life to do 2 classes and still work full-time, it's just different from what I thought I could do and just grudgingly accepting this. The life change is already real, I'm already considering dropping something that I volunteered for.

Can I say that I'm also nervous about my first assignment submission because it's the first?
Good luck on your first assignment. ☺️

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man, I was at a meeting just now. I'm all for female empowerment, so it was cool to see a room full of women. But man, it was so much wonder bread in the meeting too it wasn't as fun...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo