WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There's a lot of Pablo that I like and lots I don't like. I went to a large exhibition in Australia a few years back.

The painting of his I want to see is Guernica. It's in Paris so I hope to get to it soon.
Cool. I have seen a few of his works here and there. I am in agreement with you, some of his stuff I like and some of his stuff is okay.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I like Dali as well. Saw a large exhibition if his stuff to but I can't remember what country!

We're hoping to go to the Dali museum in Spain. It's his house in Figueres.

There's a small Dali museum in Paris not far from Sacre Coure in Montmartre. It's free.
I didn't get a chance to see the museum in Mont Martre in Paris. Well next time...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Trainwreck Monday. I'm fighting fires and getting annoyed at operational things. At this point the company of J. Wray & Nephew may be better than Mr. Johnny Walker...SMH...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Trainwreck Monday. I'm fighting fires and getting annoyed at operational things.
I swear by all that is holy that civil engineers get their diplomas straight from a box of Cracker Jacks. Mr. Daniels and Mr. Ice Cube (not the rapper) will be my closest friends tonight.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I swear by all that is holy that civil engineers get their diplomas straight from a box of Cracker Jacks. Mr. Daniels and Mr. Ice Cube (not the rapper) will be my closest friends tonight.
I was gonna do that, but I decided to behave and make my own sorrel tonight and tomorrow evening finish the process by adding some J. Wray & Nephew in it for that extra...bite.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I was gonna do that, but I decided to behave and make my own sorrel tonight and tomorrow evening finish the process by adding some J. Wray & Nephew in it for that extra...bite.

Never had that. Is it like 151 Bacardi? I’m too familiar with the 151.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Never had that. Is it like 151 Bacardi? I’m too familiar with the 151.
It's not as blistering as the 151, but it ain't far off.

It's so strong I knew a dude from Puerto Rico who was the handyman in the old building that drank Bacardi like tap water cowering in fear and cursing in Spanish when I offered him a shot o' the "Wray & Nephew", as we call it.

https://distiller.com/spirits/j-wray-and-nephew-white-overproof-rum

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...campari-ceo-hails-j-wray-nephew-rum-top-class

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I tried running Andy's phone with the animations turned off and it felt awful. The animations are turned off on my Mi Note 2 and it feels smoother there.

Just the little things like this causes my feelings about the phone to be vacillating constantly...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I tried running Andy's phone with the animations turned off and it felt awful. The animations are turned off on my Mi Note 2 and it feels smoother there.

Just the little things like this causes my feelings about the phone to be vacillating constantly...

I can get why, it sounds like a roller coaster of feels.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Class was interesting, we had a guest speaker and she introduced possibilities, kind of. I appreciate that he invites people who currently work in a library setting or have a information professional role.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So the GF had me read this article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...americans-the-hardest/?utm_term=.42524e42578f

My response:

https://youtu.be/8gs-HgqbIcg

The chorus: "to be poor is a crime, man has to know that in these times."

Thanks Mr. Trump! At least you're (consistently) overt with what the privileged few have always thought about us.

That's really messed up! How dare he! I would say I can't believe that he would go there but I don't know anymore. Just terrible ideas all around.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's really messed up! How dare he! I would say I can't believe that he would go there but I don't know anymore. Just terrible ideas all around.
What do you mean "how dare he?"

Did you miss the part about how Sen. Graham was proposing similar vicious cuts long before Trump had a clue about politics?

Trump in many ways is doing what some of the older conservatives have wanted but couldn't do so out of fear of public rebuke. Teflon Trump is immunue to that level of rebuke so him being overt shouldn't be a surprise.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

What do you mean "how dare he?"

Did you miss the part about how Sen. Graham was proposing similar vicious cuts long before Trump had a clue about politics?

Trump in many ways is doing what some of the older conservatives have wanted but couldn't do so out of fear of public rebuke. Teflon Trump is immunue to that level of rebuke so him being overt shouldn't be a surprise.

I think I either missed that or I can't recall.

That's a great point though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I either missed that or I can't recall.

That's a great point though.
Not to pick on you:

"I think I missed that or I cannot recall."

Unfortunately, too many people are using this in the face of political tactics used to bully and subdue minorities and the less fortunate. And the standard disconnect where you can vote for a political construct separately from how that same construct plays out in reality is still alive and well.

Examples:

1)

Man: "these blacks are lazy!"
Woman: "what about James, you're best friend?"
Man: "he's different. You see he works hard, is his own man. He doesn't do like those others."

2)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/man-deported-jorge-garcia.html

Too much is happening to do this "I missed that" bit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not to pick on you:

"I think I missed that or I cannot recall."

Unfortunately, too many people are using this in the face of political tactics used to bully and subdue minorities and the less fortunate. And the standard disconnect where you can vote for a political construct separately from how that same construct plays out in reality is still alive and well.

Examples:

1)

Man: "these blacks are lazy!"
Woman: "what about James, you're best friend?"
Man: "he's different. You see he works hard, is his own man. He doesn't do like those others."

2)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/man-deported-jorge-garcia.html

Too much is happening to do this "I missed that" bit.

Your first point is what we encountered in the UK regularly.

People complaining about immigrants to your face and then you point out the you're an immigrant, because we are, but it's ok, because we're somehow 'different' than those other immigrants.

It's this mentality that made the UK leave the EU. I also know from other people who lived in the UK long before me that lots of people in the UK have had this disconnect for some time.

But then again, don't all societies?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's sad, since all countries improve from diversity, not to mention that most people in any countries are descendants of immigrants, not descendants of the native people who originally inhabited those countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb