WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Tonight was the wedding reception of my newly married friends. I'm excited for them, they seem to enjoy being married.

My friend's cousin was there and it's the first time I have seen him since last summer. I have to say that he still seems interesting to me and still attractive even with the longish beard. That thought made me think of MIA's beard thread. Why did I admit that? I admitted that because I don't really feel that way often (I experience attraction differently than most people do, so I could go an entire year without feeling that way towards anyone).
He seems like one of those people I could like to be with...but it's never going to happen here. His life is just very different from mine.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Tonight was the wedding shower of my newly married friends. I'm excited for them, they seem to enjoy being married.

My friend's cousin was there and it's the first time I have seen him since last summer. I have to say that he still seems interesting to me and still attractive even with the longish beard. That thought made me think of MIA's beard thread. Why did I admit that? I admitted that because I don't really feel that way often.
That beard has you hooked! Lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That beard has you hooked! Lol.

LOL! Nah, the interest was there before it came into existence. It was a bit too long for me to like it generally but it didn't make him less attractive to me? I don't even know if I'm making sense but there's something about him that makes me think "whoa, it would be nice to be with someone like him."
I have to say your beard and his have shifted how I see beards BUT that is not the case for every beard out there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL! Nah, the interest was there before it came into existence. It was a bit too long for me to like it generally but it didn't make him less attractive to me? I don't even know if I'm making sense but there's something about him that makes me think "whoa, it would be nice to be with someone like him."
I have to say your beard and his have shifted how I see beards BUT that is not the case for every beard out there.
It's ok if you look into him. Just have fun - you can always back out if you're not comfortable.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's ok if you look into him. Just have fun - you can always back out if you're not comfortable.

True, you're right. I think I have to pass, he's too far away and our lives wouldn't work together. He came up for this because he's family (of the groom).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, you're right. I think I have to pass, he's too far away and our lives wouldn't work together. He came up for this because he's family (of the groom).
Casually keep in touch. You'd be surprised how life can change to clear away things that currently appear to be serious obstacles...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I really love this posting. It gives an old man the ability to vicariously live through you young people. It's really one of the very few streams I read anymore on WC. Keep it up, makes my day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really love this posting. It gives an old man the ability to vicariously live through you young people. It's really one of the very few streams I read anymore on WC. Keep it up, makes my day.
I agree. I think WC has changed so much that for me, I don't even read the articles that much anymore.

Part of me misses the old banter of the platform and part of me doesn't miss the yuppies like Micah either.

You're free to add to the mix here too, treo.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as the Nokia 8 appeals to me, I'm going to give Andy's team another month to push out 8.1 before I decide what to do with their phone long term. I think if the camera gets a bit better, I'm more inclined to keep it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A few additional thoughts:

1) Love the in hand feel and design of the Pixel 2. Just like last year, the smaller model has a better in hand feel to me. The white one reminds me slightly of my white intermezzo Lumia 720. If I got one, it'd be the grey one. The black this year doesn't do it for me. The grey felt nice but not as slippery as the white.

It's even more irksome why Google hasn't standardized the USB-C dongles. As much as I appreciate FF speakers, I prefer the better wired audio.

2) Not a fan of the Pixel 2 XL's design or screen. I just cannot put my finger on why, but it just feels like "meh". It doesn't feel compact at all, even with the 18:9 aspect ratio screen. The V30, S8+ and even my older Mi Note 2 feels more compact.

3) The V30 frustrates me like no phone I've seen in a while. It isn't that bigger than the Andy's phone (which is in the same neighborhood as the G6 and Pixel 2). Outside of the FFC, what truly irks me about it is LG's software support.

The V30 feels like last year's V20. As LG does, they nailed the hard part (design) and missed on the easy part (software). I'd put up with slower OS updates if they put out timely security patches...but nope.

If I compare the Mi Note 2 to the V30, the upgrades are smaller - Qi, better camera, newer chip, better audio. But Xiaomi has better software support so the device ages well (even though major OS updates are slower). Not much difference between the two to justify the cost...

I wish LG puts an extra 2GB of RAM + a better FFC in the V30s, but I doubt it.

4) It cannot be understated how good Andy's team did in designing their phone. It is slightly wider and shorter than the Pixel 2, yet is a bit heavier & all screen on the front. It's what makes their software and camera performance that much more irksome. I'm hopeful 8.1 does the trick, but I doubt it.

5) WTF is that? (Google's wireless headphones). It's just unappealing to me design wise.

6) The HTC 10 has such a timeless look. I'm almost tempted to get a used one and swap in a fresh battery.

7) I'm liking the matte blue Nokia 8. I'd about the polished copper and polished blues. The silver is still #1 for me, but that matte blue is really nice.

Overall, the Pixel 2 and V30 are still the closest thing to what I want, with the Nokia 8 and Andy's phone right behind. In terms of camera, I like the dual wide angle and monochrome lens approaches. I respect Pixel's point and shoot prowess though.

I'll decide after another month or two as to what I'm doing. My priorities for a daily driver are performance ( software updates), audio and camera. Next comes perks like water resistance and Qi.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A beautiful day in sunny SoCal. We are at our favorite spot in Ventura.
f590a59c5209b094ad20ba6b290e2515.jpg
68a37987677a7df73e7c8562ef5b0317.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I agree. I think WC has changed so much that for me, I don't even read the articles that much anymore.

Part of me misses the old banter of the platform and part of me doesn't miss the yuppies like Micah either.

You're free to add to the mix here too, treo.

Wow, I forgot about his existence until you mentioned his name.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Aww that's such a kind statement to say.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Keeping in touch doesn't mean you're committing to anything. It's your call.

You're right but I don't even have a number or email address for him. The only way to get that is to ask my friend for it, which I don't know how they would take that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, I forgot about his existence until you mentioned his name.
Everyone has forgotten his existence, after his *** got banned. Maybe he dropped the site altogether or lurkers really hard now.

Not a bad dude, but toxic in how he presented his points.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're right but I don't even have a number or email address for him. The only way to get that is to ask my friend for it, which I don't know how they would take that.
Just do want young people do...add him via social media. Lol.

If you're motivated to keep in contact with him, you'll figure something out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just do want young people do...add him via social media. Lol.

If you're motivated to keep in contact with him, you'll figure something out.

Haha, that can be a challenge. I'm not as motivated. Considering that I don't remember his last name and he appears not to be on Instagram, I'm straight out of luck anyway. I don't have Facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa