WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, pursuing your interests can be one way of doing this.

As human beings we all potentially have a lot to offer to each other. It is ok to be wary and guarded for self preservation; the trick is how to screen people to better understand who to let in and what they get to see once they're in your circle.

True, we'll see. I hope it works for me.

It sounds like you have mastered the screening. I'm still trying to get there. I used to make the mistake of just sharing things and caring a lot for everyone that I thought was a friend until I got burned a lot of times. Now I just share what is low-risk and I try not to show that I care a lot, just enough.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, we'll see.

It sounds like you have mastered the screening. I'm still trying to get there. I used to make the mistake of just sharing things and caring a lot for everyone that I thought was a friend until I got burned a lot of times. Now I just share what is "low-risk" and I try not to show that I care a lot, just enough.
I haven't mastered the screening at all. I know what I want and focus on that. Because I'm human, I don't always get it right; if you're comfortable to stand behind your decisions then, it's OK what your choices are.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's funny how folks are getting sneaky trying to post links to their blogs/sites for self promotion these days on the forums instead of becoming an active member of the community.

I mean why can't you just post the answer to help out someone? SMH.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's funny how folks are getting sneaky trying to post links to their blogs/sites for self promotion these days on the forums instead of becoming an active member of the community.

I mean why can't you just post the answer to help out someone? SMH.
I am sure that must be annoying for the mods to see.

The dynamic around here has changed a ton, it's not surprising to see stuff like this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I suppose that with the current direction of Android, if I rock two devices I need one with a skin and another with the "stock" experience. Lol.

"What a revolting development." - Ben Grimm.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I suppose that with the current direction of Android, if I rock two devices I need one with a skin and another with the "stock" experience. Lol.

"What a revolting development." - Ben Grimm.
I thought I would have difficulty adjusting to a skinned device after using stock Android for 2 1/2 years, but surprisingly I had no issues. Granted, though, I've always used Nova Launcher, whether or not I had skinned device or stock Android.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I thought I would have difficulty adjusting to a skinned device after using stock Android for 2 1/2 years, but surprisingly I had no issues. Granted, though, I've always used Nova Launcher, whether or not I had skinned device or stock Android.
That's the thing - we are more savvy users. Like you, it's always Nova for me. The GF uses TouchWiz as is on her Note 5 and Google Now launcher on her Nexus 7. She is a bit better than the "average consumer" but prefers to not tinker with her device much.

I don't mind a skin if the OEM was up-front: "2-3 OS upgrades and every month security updates for 30 months". As long as the skin is light enough to offer value added features to be different but not a pain in the *** to code...I'm for it. The issues is nobody has hit this middle ground. HTC's been flirting with it, but either you're in the Google/Essential/HMD/Blackberry route or the everybody else. Xiaomi is kinda one of the better skinned OEMs in their beta program, but they support more devices longer than anyone else.

Until consumers start voting with their wallets, nothing will change.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That's the thing - we are more savvy users. Like you, it's always Nova for me. The GF uses TouchWiz as is on her Note 5 and Google Now launcher on her Nexus 7. She is a bit better than the "average consumer" but prefers to not tinker with her device much.

I don't mind a skin if the OEM was up-front: "2-3 OS upgrades and every month security updates for 30 months". As long as the skin is light enough to offer value added features to be different but not a pain in the *** to code...I'm for it. The issues is nobody has hit this middle ground. HTC's been flirting with it, but either you're in the Google/Essential/HMD/Blackberry route or the everybody else. Xiaomi is kinda one of the better skinned OEMs in their beta program, but they support more devices longer than anyone else.

Until consumers start voting with their wallets, nothing will change.

For my tastes, BlackBerry does it best at PIM and Sony has a very light skin with the best stock multimedia apps. I'm done fighting Android to make it look like Windows or anything else. My S8+ is gathering dust in my drawer until they get it right while my iPhone 6S+ does the daily duties.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For my tastes, BlackBerry does it best at PIM and Sony has a very light skin with the best stock multimedia apps. I'm done fighting Android to make it look like Windows or anything else. My S8+ is gathering dust in my drawer until they get it right while my iPhone 6S+ does the daily duties.
I agree.

I use the iPhone (6S) for work exclusively. I like a cleaner look to Android on myersonal phone so I put the bare minimum apps - my most commonly used. I use Nova and the Sony music app on all my devices. I now use Nine for email on all my devices for my personal email and calendar across all devices. I never did the make Android look like Windows bit as I was always a dual user (Android + Windows).

All I want is a good camera, good audio, fast security patches and stable performance. Hard to find that all in one phone these days on Android.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm not surprised Sony is going sans headphone jack. Remember, it's their Bluetooth codecs Google is now leveraging in 8.0...

That's true but why do the new XAs have them? I feel like that doesn't make sense to me considering that the releases are close to each other.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true but why do the new XAs have them? I feel like that doesn't make sense to me considering that the releases are close to each other.
They're going the Moto route. It doesn't make sense pulling 3.5mm jacks from mid ranger and cheaper phones right now. High end is supposedly easier as everyone's doing it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's an interesting article.
I'll admit that I used to be one of the types that would be on my phone when I'm with someone but I don't do that anymore. I'm enjoying not thinking about what time it is or really anything else when I'm with someone.
I have most notifications turned off already (only calls, texts, calendar, email, and Slack for name mentions), but even so, I am addicted to my email. I'm embarrassed to try counting how many times I open it expecting to see a change.

It feels hard when everything is in it. My ebooks for when I do get to read, are in it, which I love. I'm finding that sometimes I have to put my phone in airplane mode to focus on work (not at work but like studying, working on homework, that kind of thing). Feedly is in it too, never mind the social medias. I'm glad that I have notifications off though because I can only imagine how it's like to get a lot of them over and over throughout the day.

I can't even remember what I used to do when I would wait in a line.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's been a very hectic week. Car shopping has been fun but very time consuming. Although no decisions have been made yet. Some more test drives are in order.

I am going to be a bit scarce early part of next week. Off to Chicago for a few days.

In other news, I am going to give the Panda Pixel 2XL a go.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's been a very hectic week. Car shopping has been fun but very time consuming. Although no decisions have been made yet. Some more test drives are in order.

I am going to be a bit scarce early part of next week. Off to Chicago for a few days.

In other news, I am going to give the Panda Pixel 2XL a go.

Ooh what made you cave with the Panda one? I thought you wanted smaller?

Good luck with car shopping. Any particular models in mind?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99