WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've enrolled in the OTA beta program for Andy's phone. Once I get it, I'll put it through its paces to see if it improves the experience.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've enrolled in the OTA beta program for Andy's phone. Once I get it, I'll put it through its paces to see if it improves the experience.

Ooh can you share how that is going for you when you get it and use it? I'm curious to know.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Speaking of phones, is anyone interested in MWC starting this weekend? Is there anything you are curious to know about?

I want to confirm if the new Sony phones are really not going to have a headphone jack and also pricing. Apparently Sony also has a surprise so I wonder what that will be.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of phones, is anyone interested in MWC starting this weekend? Is there anything you are curious to know about?

I want to confirm if the new Sony phones are really not going to have a headphone jack and also pricing. Apparently Sony also has a surprise so I wonder what that will be.
I'm more curious to see the Mi 7 and P20, which won't be at MWC. I hope for Sony's sake they've got new camera tricks on their new phones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow that's enough to cover the roofs. It looks pretty though.
Just FYI, 50cm is roughly 19-20 inches. So that's a lot of snow!

Weight on the roofs could be dangerous. In Finland they have special teams to clear the roofs in Helsinki. Both to prevent the roof from collapse and to protect people from being hurt or killed.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh I see @99 is buying a new car. What about RAV-4 Hybrid? Uncle has it and seems quite satisfied. Or Nissan, not sure what it is over there, Rouge(and Rouge Sport) I think. We are still holding onto 10 year old Laguna, still nothing wrong with it but we were used to changing cars more frequently

Also, last Sunday I had chance to drive new X3 and 540i on BMW Xdrive event, great thing that X3 for an SUV, it genuinely drives well around corners. Still, I just can't help my self loving 540i, for me it is the only car I would ever need.

My X3 has Xdrive but it needs to be looked at. I think it had issues... Otherwise we're quite happy with it.

I do miss my 320...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just FYI, 50cm is roughly 19-20 inches. So that's a lot of snow!

Weight in the roofs could be dangerous. In Finland they gave special teams to clear the roofs in Helsinki. Both to prevent the roof from collapse and to protect people from being hurt or killed.

Thanks for that FYI. OMG that's too much snow. I believe that it can be dangerous for sure.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm more curious to see the Mi 7 and P20, which won't be at MWC. I hope for Sony's sake they've got new camera tricks on their new phones.

I hope so too for Sony.

The Mi 7 makes sense for you considering how you feel about the Mi Note 2 but I can also picture your interest in the P20.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So the colors leaked for the Sony XZ2 series and there's a green in the compact series...and it looks like no headphone jack either. The headphone jack thing is a bummer for sure but it really depends on what I read on Monday morning (or earlier?) for pricing.
I am a sucker for a nice colored phone but green is like the cherry on top for me. I don't have very high hopes though...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Speaking of hopes, I haven't heard an update from my friend. She did say that she needed to text him to ask if it was okay first to give his number to me, which I understand. Radio silence since that text earlier in the week. She had stuff going on this week at work so I'm not going to press her about it but I'm wondering if the silence is the answer. If so, it's fine with me.
At the least, he represents what can exist and that alone is encouraging to me.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of hopes, I haven't heard an update from my friend. She did say that she needed to text him to ask if it was okay first to give his number to me, which I understand. Radio silence since that text earlier in the week. She had stuff going on this week at work so I'm not going to press her about it but I'm wondering if the silence is the answer. If so, it's fine with me.
At the least, he represents what can exist and that alone is encouraging to me.
We all aren't that bad, just as how not all of you are utter trainwrecks either.

As long as you stay in tune with what you want, it'll guide you forward...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the colors leaked for the Sony XZ2 series and there's a green in the compact series...and it looks like no headphone jack either. The headphone jack thing is a bummer for sure but it really depends on what I read on Monday morning (or earlier?) for pricing.
I am a sucker for a nice colored phone but green is like the cherry on top for me. I don't have very high hopes though...
The terms "Sony" and "proper pricing for its products" are never found in the same sentence at a Sony launch event.

I don't share your optimism there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope so too for Sony.

The Mi 7 makes sense for you considering how you feel about the Mi Note 2 but I can also picture your interest in the P20.
Xiaomi won't put the global bands in the Mi 7; they're likely to save those for the Mix Mix 2S/3. Besides, rumor has it the Mi 7 will have a 5.7" display, so it may never be as compact as the Mi 5 days.

Huawei doesn't update their devices software wise in a timely manner, so after the Honor 8, I'll stay away. As much as I liked the Mate 9 and Mate 10 Pro, that's a no-no for me. I'll only tolerate one device like that in my stable at a time *cough*LG*cough*.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We all aren't that bad, just as how not all of you are utter trainwrecks either.

As long as you stay in tune with what you want, it'll guide you forward...

Yeah that's true. I guess it's in the people I am surrounded by. I know that everyone has what is ok to them and what is not, but of course there's a spectrum. I'm tired of having most of the people around me think that my acceptance of some things is shocking or wrong.

I don't know if it's a vibe I give or how I am or whatever but people think that it's okay to tell me judgy things and expect me to agree. I don't think I'm above being that way but my parents were/still are pretty judgemental and for a while until I learned a hard life lesson (in my early 20s), that seemed to be normal to me.

I really hope you're right.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The terms "Sony" and "proper pricing for its products" are never found in the same sentence at a Sony launch event.

I don't share your optimism there.

Haha that's true! Well, the pricing of the XZ1 Compact wasn't so bad late last year, so it seems like it could be better. Even the recent XA2 has ok pricing to me as well, it isn't overpriced in my eyes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss