WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Xiaomi won't put the global bands in the Mi 7; they're likely to save those for the Mix Mix 2S/3. Besides, rumor has it the Mi 7 will have a 5.7" display, so it may never be as compact as the Mi 5 days.

Huawei doesn't update their devices software wise in a timely manner, so after the Honor 8, I'll stay away. As much as I liked the Mate 9 and Mate 10 Pro, that's a no-no for me. I'll only tolerate one device like that in my stable at a time *cough*LG*cough*.

I'll take your word for it on that. Whoa, that sounds like a tall phone. That sounds like a disappointment but you'll find out soon enough.

I don't blame you there at all, considering what you have currently.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I am done the last thing that I needed to do this week, which was a quiz. I didn't do well, so I'm annoyed and bummed together. I didn't fail but it's a bummer to have a C for your first graded assignment. I also changed 2 of my right answers to the wrong ones at the last minute. Sigh.
At least I know how his quizzes are like now. There's 3 more to go, with less weeks of material, in comparison to this one thankfully.

This was for my other class. I'm done with anything for that class tonight.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll take your word for it on that. Whoa, that sounds like a tall phone. That sounds like a disappointment but you'll find out soon enough.

I don't blame you there at all, considering what you have currently.
The Mi 7 will likely go with this new aspect ratio crap. The Mi Mix 2 was relatively compact (99 can chime in here) with the new screen so Xiaomi has a clue here.

A lot of "compactness" is design oriented. For example, using the Pixel 2 and its 16:9 as a baseline, Andy's phone is slightly wider and taller but packs a bigger screen. The V30 is slightly wider and taller than Andy's phone and packs a slightly bigger screen. The last two phones are in that newer screen ratio.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am done the last thing that I needed to do this week, which was a quiz. I didn't do well, so I'm annoyed and bummed together. I didn't fail but it's a bummer to have a C for your first graded assignment. I also changed 2 of my right answers to the wrong ones at the last minute. Sigh.
At least I know how his quizzes are like now. There's 3 more to go, with less weeks of material, in comparison to this one thankfully.

This was for my other class. I'm done with anything for that class tonight.
Sometimes we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when we don't show confidence in our choices.

You'll bounce back. It's all a learning experience anyways...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's true. I guess it's in the people I am surrounded by. I know that everyone has what is ok to them and what is not, but of course there's a spectrum. I'm tired of having most of the people around me think that my acceptance of some things is shocking or wrong.

I don't know if it's a vibe I give or how I am or whatever but people think that it's okay to tell me judgy things and expect me to agree. I don't think I'm above being that way but my parents were/still are pretty judgemental and for a while until I learned a hard life lesson (in my early 20s), that seemed to be normal to me.

I really hope you're right.
It's more of a minefield now than every before, but there are still diamonds out there in the rough. It's just chasing after the same old **** in a different way, really.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when we don't show confidence in our choices.

You'll bounce back. It's all a learning experience anyways...

You're right, I'll try to keep that in mind. For me, it's additionally scary because there's the chance of being kicked out of school for making under a grade and he is that guy who does -/+ grades as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Mi 7 will likely go with this new aspect ratio crap. The Mi Mix 2 was relatively compact (99 can chime in here) with the new screen so Xiaomi has a clue here.

A lot of "compactness" is design oriented. For example, using the Pixel 2 and its 16:9 as a baseline, Andy's phone is slightly wider and taller but packs a bigger screen. The V30 is slightly wider and taller than Andy's phone and packs a slightly bigger screen. The last two phones are in that newer screen ratio.

Hmm, true. I like the way it's done on Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 felt taller but Andy's phone seems shorter to me? This trend kind of confuses me about using height as a baseline as I normally do.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's more of a minefield now than every before, but there are still diamonds out there in the rough. It's just chasing after the same old **** in a different way, really.
That's true and I do believe that is the case. I kind of wish it was less of a challenge sometimes for me, at least in the realm of friendship. I'll rather not think about relationships, because that is connected but a whole different thing for me.

That reminds me, one of my friends said something that I thought was funny, but I guess accurate too, about me. I asked him about his gf and if he has seen her recently and his reply (after answering the question) was "I don't get you. You're excited about other people's relationships but you wouldn't let anyone put you into one" LOL.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, true. I like the way it's done on Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 felt taller but Andy's phone seems shorter to me? This trend kind of confuses me about using height as a baseline as I normally do.
You're correct. Andy's phone has the short and stubby feel to it, while the Pixel 2 went with the taller and narrower look.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

HMD made some interesting announcements today. The banana phone looks like fun. The 8 Sirocco would be what I'd upgrade to if I was still using the Mi Note 2 as my daily driver.

Solid, if not unremarkable. Waiting to see that Nokia 9 later in the year though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

HMD made some interesting announcements today. The banana phone looks like fun. The 8 Sirocco would be what I'd upgrade to if I was still using the Mi Note 2 as my daily driver.

Solid, if not unremarkable. Waiting to see that Nokia 9 later in the year though.

I had to go find out what you were talking about here, and after reading it, the 8 Sirocco sounds like a beast of a phone. I can get why you would say that about the upgrade. It's nice that it is smaller than the S8 too at that. Yeah, one can only imagine how the 9 will be like.

I'm looking for info about the banana phone because HMD keeps surprising me with phones like this. I found info on phone arena.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Putting the Nokia 8 Sirocco in Phone Arena's size compare, I am very impressed that it has a lot of screen and is smaller than the s8 and Pixel 1 and 2 in height. It and the Essential Phone are very close in dimensions, just a little wider. It could be fun to try that but it's $$$.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had to go find out what you were talking about here, and after reading it, the 8 Sirocco sounds like a beast of a phone. I can get why you would say that about the upgrade. It's nice that it is smaller than the S8 too at that. Yeah, one can only imagine how the 9 will be like.

I'm looking for info about the banana phone because HMD keeps surprising me with phones like this. I found info on phone arena.
HMD is just remaking a few of the classic feature phones, that's all. I don't think the 8 Sirocco is worth it at that price, honestly. In theory, it has all the stuff I'd like, but not at that opening price.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

HMD is just remaking a few of the classic feature phones, that's all. I don't think the 8 Sirocco is worth it at that price, honestly. In theory, it has all the stuff I'd like, but not at that opening price.

I agree with you on both points.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you on both points.
The most noteworthy point from HMD's announcement: All their 2018 models are Android One phones. Which makes me wonder out aloud about how their 2017 models will get updates.

Makes me slightly pause on the Nokia 8 now...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, the two cons for me with the Nokia 8 Sirocco: price and no headphone jack.

Otherwise, for a 16:9 phone, as long as the cameras don't suck, it looks to be very solid. People will question the S835 chip, but this isn't the full 2018 flagship, so I'm OK with it.

I still would try the Nokia 8 though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99