WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Why is Android such a fustercluck? If I designate a default app for opening PDFs, why does it insist on asking me every. single. time. which. app. I. want. to. use?

Samsung S8+ - INCOMING!!!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Currently in Andy's BETA. Will provide updates later.

So far, I like the changes and the phone feels smoother.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Now that it's Monday morning and all of the Sony press has been posted, I have thoughts about the XZ2 series, but mainly the Compact.

I love the greens for both the XZ2 and XZ2 Compact. The lack of wireless charging on the XZ2C doesn't bother me but I get why it would bother some. Wireless charging is just not my thing. Looking at PhoneArena's size compare, it is barely shorter than the Galaxy A3 I currently have, which means it should be nice to use. On paper, I should be mostly sold but I'm not (missing headphone jack aside).

There's still no OIS in the camera. Is it worth hundreds more (over what I paid for my Galaxy A3, that is) to have better performance but still deal with the same thing I dealt with on the XZ1 Compact? I don't think so. While I would enjoy the performance, I fear being let down again by the cameras. I'm glad that they made another small phone after all but it's probably going to be around $600 and it probably isn't worth it.

The amount of time (read: not as much as before) that I have nowadays has forced me to really think about if it's worth it to try a device and deal with returning it or trying to sell it.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

At work, I'm tidying up stuff I've been doing for years, and passing the reins to new blood. Glad of the change and moving on different challenges...

... !

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It was 58 yesterday.
That’s like 99 for you! 🤣

The actual temperature “in the shade” will be close to 90 by Thursday. The “feels like” already seems like 99. The climate change deniers need to book a flight to the 305 for a change of heart.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The radios are an issue on this device, even on 7.1. That would be the biggest reason it would get delegated or sold for me.

That's very understandable. I have heard various people including MrMobile mention issues with the radio, and that makes me wonder how you have been dealing with it all of this time and if it has been an actual annoyance for you at all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's very understandable. I have heard various people including MrMobile mention issues with the radio, and that makes me wonder how you have been dealing with it all of this time and if it has been an actual annoyance for you at all.
It flares up for data, especially. Calls are a bit delayed to connect, but once they do, they're fine.

It's just one of those things that hit on the experience.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Had a tough flight today. Never in my entire flying tenure have I met someone as rude as the jerk who occupied the middle seat today. He just would not let me rest my arm on any portion of the armrest. This despite me asking him a few times. Didn't know people like this existed.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Had a tough flight today. Never in my entire flying tenure have I met someone as rude as the jerk who occupied the middle seat today. He just would not let me rest my arm on any portion of the armrest. This despite me asking him a few times. Didn't know people like this existed.
Were you wearing your MAGA hat again? I done told you a thousand times not to wear that!!! :winktongue:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

If it weren't so damned expensive, my S8+ would be flying in this general direction. Right into the tracks of our useless MetroFail. Notice there isn't one solitary train in either direction for miles.

20180226_180803781_iOS.jpg

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

The actual temperature “in the shade” will be close to 90 by Thursday. The “feels like” already seems like 99. The climate change deniers need to book a flight to the 305 for a change of heart.

Yup. The northern U.S. will be growing as the years go by and people can’t take the heat any more.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Yup. The northern U.S. will be growing as the years go by and people can’t take the heat any more.

Double yup, myself included. My daughter will age out of the school system in 2 years (22) and there are zero adult programs for autistic people in the Sunshine State. New York state and Pennsylvania are the targets for now. The cold don’t bother me none and I’ve driven plenty in snow and ice. Not in Flori-Duh of course.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Double yup, myself included. My daughter will age out of the school system in 2 years (22) and there are zero adult programs for autistic people in the Sunshine State. New York state and Pennsylvania are the targets for now. The cold don’t bother me none and I’ve driven plenty in snow and ice. Not in Flori-Duh of course.
If Ol Donald has his way, the cuts will reach to those programs too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss