WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Personally, I'm tired of people ******** about the "goddamn notch". They ***** about bezels in the same way.

It's as annoying as watching the current President reading cue cards on how to be empathetic.
I wish these sniveling little snots would explain how to have front mounted speakers, front cameras and sensor arrays without bezels or notches.

Regarding Dump #45 , he's not nearly as annoying as those who are enabling him. He does make me reach for the bottle of Imodium though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wish these sniveling little snots would explain how to have front mounted speakers, front cameras and sensor arrays without bezels or notches.

Regarding Dump #45 , he's not nearly as annoying as those who are enabling him. He does make me reach for the bottle of Imodium though.
It's just a hot mess with him in there. And we have another 2+ years left.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The radio situation is a bit better. I've left it on full LTE for now.

I'd like to get the proper update, but I honestly don't think it'll make a difference.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I'm tired of people ******** about the "goddamn notch". They ***** about bezels in the same way.

This. I'm tired of reviewers whinging about bezels and the iPhone X's notch. Complaints like, "Bezels are so 2016," are really, really stupid. Who do they think they are and who the #### determines this? These "arguments" are trite and some others are downright snarky. Just get over it!

It's as annoying as watching the current President reading cue cards on how to be empathetic.

When I think of Donald Trump *shudder* I am reminded of this prescient quote from Portal 2: "He's not just a regular moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility."

Thanks, America.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This. I'm tired of reviewers whinging about bezels and the iPhone X's notch. Complaints like, "Bezels are so 2016," are really, really stupid. Who do they think they are and who the #### determines this? These "arguments" are trite and some others are downright snarky. Just get over it!

When I think of Donald Trump *shudder* I am reminded of this prescient quote from Portal 2: "He's not just a regular moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility."

Thanks, America.
I don't think Mr. Trump considers himself to be a regular moron. I think he may think he's one of the best morons around.

The only thing I like with less bezels means bigger screens in a more compact frame. Other than that, if the bezels means things like front facing speakers, front fingerprint scanner placement, I'm OK with it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll continue to say this: if you strip away the theatrics, Mr. Trump is an old school authoritarianism style politrickian. Because of how things are set up here with the system of checks and balances, it is necessary to have someone strong enough to try to "challenge the system" in the eyes of certain elements of the public in order to push through old school agendas.

The dude might be a moron, but he isn't a dummy. Which makes him one of the more dangerous types.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Other than that, if the bezels means things like front facing speakers, front fingerprint scanner placement, I'm OK with it.
Form follows function. Personally, I don't get what the big deal with the notch is. I don't find it nearly as repugnant as the shift away from capacitive nav buttons. I'll take that 3/8" of added footprint over having to perform additional steps for simple tasks. Someone please explain to me as if I were a 5-year old, to borrow a Denzel line, why it's better to constantly have to swipe up to reveal or hide nav buttons. That's not a gesture-based UI in my book. BlackBerry 10 and webOS would be perfect for the bezel-less world.
From what I've read, Sailfish OS fits that bill as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Form follows function. Personally, I don't get what the big deal with the notch is. I don't find it nearly as repugnant as the shift away from capacitive nav buttons. I'll take that 3/8" of added footprint over having to perform additional steps for simple tasks. Someone please explain to me as if I were a 5-year old, to borrow a Denzel line, why it's better to constantly have to swipe up to reveal or hide nav buttons. That's not a gesture-based UI in my book. BlackBerry 10 and webOS would be perfect for the bezel-less world.
From what I've read, Sailfish OS fits that bill as well.
Now, let's not talk about Sailfish and WebOS. We both know that these two were on to something...more useful.

iOS has to be the mash up it is because Apple did too good a job of training people into doing things one way so they can keep their hands in people's pockets.

Kinda like the old school folks who only had sex to make kids and then found out you can actually have sex for fun too. Adjustments are rough and sometimes you don't want to give people too much as it can loosen your grip on them (and in Apple's case, your wallet).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Okay, PhoneArena reported on this with the summary so I can comment on this now.
It makes a lot of sense actually but I do find it interesting that Samsung (and Apple) have noticed this. I don't think I would be opposed to a refurbished flagship model over a midranger but it really depends. on the phone itself. I had no idea that the rate was SO high though. Thanks for sharing.

I linked the summary for anyone who might wanted to read the article.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Do any of you believe in visualizing what you want? I like the idea of it but I'm finding it hard to do for some things.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I miss the days where phones were practical. Now we are getting phones with notches :/ can we have a phone with bezels again

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Do any of you believe in visualizing what you want? I like the idea of it but I'm finding it hard to do for some things.
Part of visualizing what you want is not being rigid about the possible routes to achieve the goals.

Sometimes that is a challenging point for folks moreso than even picking the goals.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A slightly light day at work today which is good. I finally made it home around 12:30AM. Not too happy that I am back on the road again next week and the following week.

I am waiting to see if good BOGO deals get announced for the S9/S9+. I might get one especially the S9 now that the FPS is in the correct location and the camera seems to have improved (not talking about the aperture gimmick).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Part of visualizing what you want is not being rigid about the possible routes to achieve the goals.

Sometimes that is a challenging point for folks moreso than even picking the goals.

Ah, now that you said that, that explains why I'm finding it hard. I'm trying to get visuals of what I want but it seems like once I have the foundation set, everything else is harder to think of.

The easiest thing to visualize is the future home I hope to own, the hardest is this career path and as for what my life would look like, that's in the middle.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

A slightly light day at work today which is good. I finally made it home around 12:30AM. Not too happy that I am back on the road again next week and the following week.

I am waiting to see if good BOGO deals get announced for the S9/S9+. I might get one especially the S9 now that the FPS is in the correct location and the camera seems to have improved (not talking about the aperture gimmick).

That's good that you have a little bit of a lighter day today. Wow 12:30 o_o

I hope that you'll be able to try either the S9 or the S9+, because your impressions and thoughts on it will be interesting.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's good that you have a little bit of a lighter day today. Wow 12:30 o_o

I hope that you'll be able to try either the S9 or the S9+, because your impressions and thoughts on it will be interesting.
You don't have to hope...99'll find a way to test drive the new Samsung.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss