WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Pre-order for S9 was a dud this year. No freebies from Samsung - I can understand that since they held the line on the phone price unlike the fruit stand in Cupertino.

Also the $360 off with trade in wasn't very exciting as well.

Hopefully in a month or two we will have some BOGO deals. I will probably jump in at that time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A nor'easter and a busy work day. Hooray for me indeed.

At least some cold Guinness await at the end of the day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It'll still be with Andy's phone and the Mi Note 2 as well for a little while.

I actually find I get good volume on the truly wireless headphones over the current USB-C headphones. Go figure...

...thanks for the cluster****, Google.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It'll still be with Andy's phone and the Mi Note 2 as well for a little while.

I actually find I get good volume on the truly wireless headphones over the current USB-C headphones. Go figure...

...thanks for the cluster****, Google.

True. Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing about your impressions, thoughts, experience. Just share it all haha

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I might want to try an Android Go or an Android One phone. I know these are two different things but I'm sure the latter would probably run nicely. Android Go is an interesting concept and I just wonder how it would be to try that out.

As for Android One, the current available options are too tall for my liking.

Edit: I looked into the Android One phones and I mean the ones that can actually get LTE here. The Nokia 8 Sirocco is passable but $$$. I don't even want to think about how much that would be in dollars.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I might want to try an Android Go or an Android One phone. I know these are two different things but I'm sure the latter would probably run nicely. Android Go is an interesting concept and I just wonder how it would be to try that out.

As for Android One, the current available options are too tall for my liking.

Edit: I looked into the Android One phones and I mean the ones that can actually get LTE here. The Nokia 8 Sirocco is passable but $$$. I don't even want to think about how much that would be in dollars.
?

You know that there's virtually no difference between the Pixel experience you've had to the Android One or Android Go (Android One on super basic hardware) software...

...?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

?

You know that there's virtually no difference between the Pixel experience you've had to the Android One or Android Go (Android One on super basic hardware) software...

...?

I know this thought is random but how it would be on non-Google hardware is interesting to me. The only problem I had with the Pixel 2 aside from the just ok battery life was the height. It was just too tall for me. Otherwise, solid phone.

For Android Go, I'm curious to see if it would run better than other low-end phones with regular Android, usually pretty skinned at that too. I just want to try one out. I might not last with an Android Go phone, but the Android One ones though, should be fine.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know this thought is random but how it would be on non-Google hardware is interesting to me. The only problem I had with the Pixel 2 aside from the just ok battery life was the height. It was just too tall for me. Otherwise, solid phone.

For Android Go, I'm curious to see if it would run better than other low-end phones with regular Android, usually pretty skinned at that too. I just want to try one out. I might not last with an Android Go phone, but the Android One ones though, should be fine.
I guess.

My perspective is different because I've owned Nexus devices and flashed pure AOSP/Samsung/HTC/Sony/MIUI ROMs on them. Some of the old stuff you could go completely Google apps free.

So I'm used to to "stock Android" on non Google devices. Plus I've used HTC phones were people flashed AOSP/Sony ROMs too.

Custom ROMs for me were so, so much fun back in the day...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I guess.

My perspective is different because I've owned Nexus devices and flashed pure AOSP/Samsung/HTC/Sony/MIUI ROMs on them. Some of the old stuff you could go completely Google apps free.

So I'm used to to "stock Android" on non Google devices. Plus I've used HTC phones were people flashed AOSP/Sony ROMs too.

Custom ROMs for me were so, so much fun back in the day...

I recall you saying that you used to use custom ROMs. I now get your reaction to my statement.

I'm not into that stuff because I hate being concerned if I broke something. Anyway, I haven't had that experience. The Android phones I have owned for the longest period of time have been heavily skinned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb