WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It seems like everyone but me has seen Black Panther (like most of my friends have seen it and it seems like several of you have as well). I don't know when I will, maybe I can do it on Wednesday if I can find a time that works for me and doesn't have me out too late considering that I have class on Thursday....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It seems like everyone but me has seen Black Panther (like most of my friends have seen it and it seems like several of you have as well). I don't know when I will, maybe I can do it on Wednesday if I can find a time that works for me and doesn't have me out too late considering that I have class on Thursday....
I hope you get to see it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If I was still into big, old school phones, the Mi Note 2 would be my daily driver. It really has aged nicely.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I never thought that reading and remembering the theories would be harder than my actual technical class. A friend asked me today if I'm tired of libraries yet since I work in one and I'm going to get my Master's in it as well. I'm kind of tired of the theories. It's slightly interesting and also boring at the same time?

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That makes two of us. The wife and I are going to take a stab at it this weekend since grandma is providing respite duties.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

That makes two of us. The wife and I are going to take a stab at it this weekend since grandma is providing respite duties.

That sounds nice. With having 4 kids I can certainly understand how nice it is to get out and have a little break. Have fun!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm in and out today. Was walking into the office and got hit with two crises...out pops the fire houses.

See y'all later.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm in and out today. Was walking into the office and got hit with two crises...out pops the fire houses.

See y'all later.

It's a Cuban thing and all but I think you'll be able to relate. We call silly crises "stuck turds" because they're more drama than anything else. Being the company problem solver I've adopted a superhero alter ego whom I call Plunger Man because he uses his golden plunger to unclog the worst of stuck turds.

20141226_160801000_iOS.png

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Long time no see, how's it going?

Things are good! Been a hectic few months with the purchase of a new business while still maintaining my old role which has made for a little less time around these parts, unfortunately. Things are finally just starting to get back to normal a bit though which is good.

How is everyone around here?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Things are good! Been a hectic few months with the purchase of a new business while still maintaining my old role which has made for a little less time around these parts, unfortunately. Things are finally just starting to get back to normal a bit though which is good.

How is everyone around here?

That's good to hear! Congrats on the new business! Normal sounds good to me.

I'm good, the biggest update for me is that I started my Masters in Library and Information Science in January.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

That's good to hear! Congrats on the new business! Normal sounds good to me.

I'm good, the biggest update for me is that I started my Masters in Library and Information Science in January.

That sounds pretty exciting. How's that going so far?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Glad the work day is over. I got hit with it literally walking into the office. Manic Monday at it's finest.

Sometimes I want to be able to talk about some of the places I float through for work, but I cannot for confidentiality reasons. Let's just say that it is often strenuous the situations I see.

Just makes you appreciate who you have around you. Also can understand why some of nicer looking nurses go heavy on the makeup. You need little things like that, especially on a hospice unit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's a Cuban thing and all but I think you'll be able to relate. We call silly crises "stuck turds" because they're more drama than anything else. Being the company problem solver I've adopted a superhero alter ego whom I call Plunger Man because he uses his golden plunger to unclog the worst of stuck turds.

View attachment 138812
Nice costume. I wish I was dealing with merely knuckleheads today, but sadly, that wasn't the case.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Nice costume. I wish I was dealing with merely knuckleheads today, but sadly, that wasn't the case.

Knuckleheads are indeed easy. It’s upper management that makes mountains out of molehills and make me pull out the golden plunger. You should never be the smartest guy in the room unless you’re the owner.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The XA2 is a very tempting device. I would be understating to say the display is BRIGHT. Typical Sony UI so no surprise there. The FPS is low enough on the frame so as to not pose reachability issues. The camera took some decent photos inside the store, no surprise there either. I don’t do selfies so I’m not sure a front camera exists, nor do I care. I would gladly trade for more sensors in the array in lieu of a camera. No more and no less snappy than the XA1 with its Helio CPU so nothing to report there.

I guess it comes down to a well placed FPS and retina searing brightness if anyone is considering this phone. I must talk to my pillow for some advice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The XA2 is a very tempting device. I would be understating to say the display is BRIGHT. Typical Sony UI so no surprise there. The FPS is low enough on the frame so as to not pose reachability issues. The camera took some decent photos inside the store, no surprise there either. I don’t do selfies so I’m not sure a front camera exists, nor do I care. I would gladly trade for more sensors in the array in lieu of a camera. No more and no less snappy than the XA1 with its Helio CPU so nothing to report there.

I guess it comes down to a well placed FPS and retina searing brightness if anyone is considering this phone. I must talk to my pillow for some advice.
Good luck. Sounds like you're eyeing it like I'm eyeing the Nokia 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb