WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That sounds pretty exciting. How's that going so far?

Thank you, it's going, it's a really big adjustment. I'm just trying to balance grad school part-time while still working full-time and still having somewhat of a life. Just working to do the best I can. Thankfully, one of my coworkers is doing this journey with me so we have been able to lean on each other and check in.
Midterm time/spring break is rolling in soon.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Glad the work day is over. I got hit with it literally walking into the office. Manic Monday at it's finest.

Sometimes I want to be able to talk about some of the places I float through for work, but I cannot for confidentiality reasons. Let's just say that it is often strenuous the situations I see.

Just makes you appreciate who you have around you. Also can understand why some of nicer looking nurses go heavy on the makeup. You need little things like that, especially on a hospice unit.

I'm glad that your crazy day is done. I can only imagine what you see in a week or even a day. You're so right about having appreciation, that's so true.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Glad the work day is over. I got hit with it literally walking into the office. Manic Monday at it's finest.

Sometimes I want to be able to talk about some of the places I float through for work, but I cannot for confidentiality reasons. Let's just say that it is often strenuous the situations I see.

Just makes you appreciate who you have around you. Also can understand why some of nicer looking nurses go heavy on the makeup. You need little things like that, especially on a hospice unit.

Mad respect for anybody in palliative care. Your source of frustration is bright as the midday Miami sun.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Mad respect for anybody in palliative care. Your source of frustration is bright as the midday Miami sun.
"Pall care" is no joke. So is working in the ICUs. So is working on outpatient oncology (usually high traffic). So is working in the psych ED. The hospital setting is great on the one hand but some folks (staff and others) get too caught up in the perks of the hospital and forget the vulnerability of the patients and the families seeking treatment.

It is a humbling privilege to have a patient ask to see you before a major procedure and value your input as a member of the care team, even if all you're doing sometimes is creating and holding a safe emotional space for the person to process their feelings about their medical challenges.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad that your crazy day is done. I can only imagine what you see in a week or even a day. You're so right about having appreciation, that's so true.
Sometimes, the most tiring part of the job is just navigating clients through the complex worlds of hospitals, insurance companies, doctor offices, rehab facilities and social service agencies (government and community based).

I do not claim expertise; what I can say if you saw a silver of what I see on the daily, you may not have a positive outlook on the healthcare system. Mine is just a complicated view instead.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

A full work & school day of this idea of deleting most apps on the SE and just leaving the needed ones (for me) has come to a close. Basically, the idea is to remove the apps from my phone with the sim in it and keep them on the A3, which has my music playlist downloaded offline, along with my (library) book and podcasts also downloaded offline (so it can be used as a WiFi/Bluetooth only device; no WiFi means that I can't load anything that isn't already downloaded).

I'll spare you by not posting daily but I would say that it has been interesting. I set myself up by testing this on one of my long days, but thinking about it, that actually made it the best day to see how this goes. I found myself reaching for my SE not so much for the time but because I'm so used to doing that. I checked my email a lot (hey, I did get like 5 personal emails today so it was justified (3 of them were for/from school, I was waiting for one of those 3 today)). I got to a point where I just stopped reaching for it as much (email either has updates or not, and you can only check the weather oh so many times). At work, I was able to finish my notes for tonight's class and stay focused. Even at school before class while eating, I almost lost track of time altogether, which was weird for me. This felt needed and I'm considering going a whole week with doing this. I'm considering doing some adjustments but I kind of want to try out the current setup a little longer.

(As a note, my A3 is used for Bluetooth in my car, I turn it off when I get to work, turn it on at lunchtime to read my book, and then turn it off again until I get back to my car lol)

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired from yesterday. Going in a little bit late, but should have some energy to grind through the day. This is a short week, so I'll suck it up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired from yesterday. Going in a little bit late, but should have some energy to grind through the day. This is a short week, so I'll suck it up.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Only a few more days till the weekend starts :/

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So i ended buying two new lg g6s for my parents a few days ago to replace their windows phones. I gotta say they look better than the lg v30 look

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So i ended buying two new lg g6s for my parents a few days ago to replace their windows phones. I gotta say they look better than the lg v30 look

It's a nice looking phone for sure. And in typical LG fashion, we're still waiting for updates.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I'm broken, I'm liking the separation. And of course, battery life is long because of only email and weather. I can't help but wonder if I would be okay with the 7 after all...or any other phone I dismissed previously?
The possibilities are endless. Not really haha, but I do have to go back and see what I tried that was good (off the top of my head, there's the first Pixel, and the 7. Aside from those, everything else falls off). I still like the idea of the Product Red 7, because it looks nice to me.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Looks like I'm going to grab myself a KeyONE finally. I've been putting it off for a long time as i rotated through the s8 and others but it's something that intrigued me to see how BlackBerry did android. We'll see in the near future!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Looks like I'm going to grab myself a KeyONE finally. I've been putting it off for a long time as i rotated through the s8 and others but it's something that intrigued me to see how BlackBerry did android. We'll see in the near future!

Yeah you have held out a long time for it. If you do get it, please share your thoughts and impressions with us.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

For some bizarre reason my subscription to this thread got wiped out.
Anyway just resubscribed and set the preferences to control panel only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss